PDA

View Full Version : 3 Issues I'm wondering about...

xcalybur
05-21-2007, 12:56 PM
First, I totally support Ron Paul, but I have three issues I'd like to discuss.

First, Ron Paul's age. It is a slight concern for me that his age might be a detractor for people like me who want him to serve 2 terms. How is his health? He is a Vegan right?

Now for the big questions and I am serious about these.

Second, what is the chance or impact of Ron Paul being assassinated? Don't get me wrong, I don't want him dead. To the contrary, I think he is a big threat to the establishment and wouldn't put it past them to get rid of Ron Paul.

Third, and I think the most important of the three. When Ron Paul gets elected, are there enough people available within US politics for Ron Paul to appoint to his cabinet/Judicial department/other supporting appointments. I fear that we will elect a president that can make a huge change, but that he won't have the support of the establishment and we will have 8 years of standoffs.

Just wondering what your thoughts are.

JoshLowry
05-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Your third issue was asked at the Brenham Fundraiser. I don't have it on tape, but he was pretty short and to the point. He commented on how his views are not far right or far left so he believes that the politicians will be more motivated to work together on the issues at hand. Hopefully someone can elaborate on this as I don't recall his exact wording.

Therion
05-21-2007, 01:06 PM
On #2, I think vote fraud is a lot more likely. An assassination would be way too overt. If that fails, then the respective parties could pull a #3...

AlexAmore
05-21-2007, 01:07 PM
Is he really vegan? I read that in a satire article so I figured the vegan part was somehow supposed to be funny in a satirical way.

I've been a vegan for about 3 years. So i'm curious, that's all.

qednick
05-21-2007, 01:11 PM
"We the people" actually run government (supposedly). The problem is that the media and establishment effectively brainwash and mold "we the people's" attitudes. However, if he actually became president, it would be much much easier for him to talk to the people directly and get his message(s) across and therefore, hopefully, change people's attitudes. Which should then either change member's of congress attitudes (so they keep their jobs) or they get booted out and constitution-friendly members elected. Basically, congress are supposed to represent the people and what they want but in recent times people have essentially gotten apathetic and been letting congress make decisions for them (without checking up on them) which has led to them getting too big for their boots. RP wants to bring them down a peg or two, keep them within the bounds of the constitution and make sure they realize that they work for the people and not the other way around.

As for his safety, I think I would be among the growing number of people willing to take a bullet for him. In the past I've given politicians about as much thought as a dog turd on my shoe. RP has actually gotten me actively interested in politics and contributing both time and money - something that I never thought I would do.

As for health, he may look a tad frail but he's obviously full of energy and seems healthy enough to me. He's also still got all his marbles!

Korey Kaczynski
05-21-2007, 01:16 PM
First, I totally support Ron Paul, but I have three issues I'd like to discuss.

First, Ron Paul's age. It is a slight concern for me that his age might be a detractor for people like me who want him to serve 2 terms. How is his health? He is a Vegan right?

Now for the big questions and I am serious about these.

Second, what is the chance or impact of Ron Paul being assassinated? Don't get me wrong, I don't want him dead. To the contrary, I think he is a big threat to the establishment and wouldn't put it past them to get rid of Ron Paul.

Third, and I think the most important of the three. When Ron Paul gets elected, are there enough people available within US politics for Ron Paul to appoint to his cabinet/Judicial department/other supporting appointments. I fear that we will elect a president that can make a huge change, but that he won't have the support of the establishment and we will have 8 years of standoffs.

Just wondering what your thoughts are.

I agree that an assassination by someone in a governmental agency or department could be a reality. I could see the CIA doing it, as they would lose their jobs after RP downsizes the Federal government, and they're in the business of assassinating/kidnapping people. I loathe conspiracy theorists, but after having read about their failed attempts to use LSD as a brainwashing tool, I do not trust them.

mdh
05-21-2007, 01:21 PM
On #3, I think we're guaranteed at least 2 years of standoffs and lots of vetoes! But that's not entirely bad, because it gives us two years to make a good impression and get some candidates out there in the 2010 congressionals to make some real changes. Assuming Ron Paul did have an 8 year run in the EOP, the last two would certainly be the most productive as the message spread and more congressional districts and senate seats ended up going to like-minded individuals.

Korey Kaczynski
05-21-2007, 01:24 PM
"We the people" actually run government (supposedly). The problem is that the media and establishment effectively brainwash and mold "we the people's" attitudes. However, if he actually became president, it would be much much easier for him to talk to the people directly and get his message(s) across and therefore, hopefully, change people's attitudes. Which should then either change member's of congress attitudes (so they keep their jobs) or they get booted out and constitution-friendly members elected. Basically, congress are supposed to represent the people and what they want but in recent times people have essentially gotten apathetic and been letting congress make decisions for them (without checking up on them) which has led to them getting too big for their boots. RP wants to bring them down a peg or two, keep them within the bounds of the constitution and make sure they realize that they work for the people and not the other way around.

As for his safety, I think I would be among the growing number of people willing to take a bullet for him. In the past I've given politicians about as much thought as a dog turd on my shoe. RP has actually gotten me actively interested in politics and contributing both time and money - something that I never thought I would do.

As for health, he may look a tad frail but he's obviously full of energy and seems healthy enough to me. He's also still got all his marbles!

I remember hearing him mention riding a bike in a youTube video. So he's obviously still in good health for his age.

But the problem with democracy is that it allows the stupid people to vote, and thus allow for Giulianish manipulations of people.

mdh
05-21-2007, 01:24 PM
I agree that an assassination by someone in a governmental agency or department could be a reality. I could see the CIA doing it, as they would lose their jobs after RP downsizes the Federal government, and they're in the business of assassinating/kidnapping people. I loathe conspiracy theorists, but after having read about their failed attempts to use LSD as a brainwashing tool, I do not trust them.

Are you reading what you're typing here? People who commit assassinations and other acts of murderous violence are outside the norm. To be entrusted as an agent of the CIA, one must go through rigorous testing to ensure that they are not one of those sorts of people. These sorts of irrational and unconstructive allegations amount to nothing different than "9/11 was an inside job" and other such whackiness. To continue my point, if a threat is perceived at any level, oftentimes a USSS bodyguard detachment is provided to presidential candidates during the campaign as well. iirc, Obama already has one.

Korey Kaczynski
05-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Are you reading what you're typing here? People who commit assassinations and other acts of murderous violence are outside the norm. To be entrusted as an agent of the CIA, one must go through rigorous testing to ensure that they are not one of those sorts of people. These sorts of irrational and unconstructive allegations amount to nothing different than "9/11 was an inside job" and other such whackiness. To continue my point, if a threat is perceived at any level, oftentimes a USSS bodyguard detachment is provided to presidential candidates during the campaign as well. iirc, Obama already has one.

And dosing unsuspecting people with LSD is against the norm, too?

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

mdh
05-21-2007, 01:28 PM
Can you please post proof of this? I've read something like this but it was either before LSD was fully understood, or was something I saw on some whack-a-doo website and immediately discredited. That's a big statement though, and would certainly be against the law, so I'm assuming that if proof exists, there have been prosecutions (unless it occured before LSD was criminalized?)

Korey Kaczynski
05-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Can you please post proof of this? I've read something like this but it was either before LSD was fully understood, or was something I saw on some whack-a-doo website and immediately discredited. That's a big statement though, and would certainly be against the law, so I'm assuming that if proof exists, there have been prosecutions (unless it occured before LSD was criminalized?)

The wackos certainly are attracted to it, but looking around for "MK-ULTRA" might eventually yield some decent information on google. Look for declassified documents.

Korey Kaczynski
05-21-2007, 01:31 PM

I believe one doctor died as a result of jumping out a window after having been unwittingly dosed with LSD. His family sued, but I can't remember if they won or not (due to statute of limitations, I think...).

Korey Kaczynski
05-21-2007, 01:32 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/1976/01/11/magazine/760111OLSON.html

Korey Kaczynski
05-21-2007, 01:37 PM

What you're thinking of is that they test CIA agents for emotional and mental stability. Willfull assassinations are a different story, and I think the CIA has done assassinations before, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. I mean moreso overseas than domestically, but I don't rule the possibilty out.

EDIT: I remember reading about the CIA attempting to assassinate Castro, but I don't remember where or what the credibility of the source was. Still, it's not an absurd thing to consider.

mdh
05-21-2007, 01:48 PM
There were times during the cold war when funding and support (in terms of intelligence, passage, etc) were provided to individuals and groups who had said that they wanted to assassinate specific individuals in certain places around the world. It never went as far as such targetting of a US citizen, and those people/groups were never brought near US soil.
As far as the nytimes article, that's reaching back to 1953 - pretty far. The US and the whole world no less, were much different in 1953 than they are today. LSD was not fully understood, even, at that point. I can't find any reliable sources as to whether LSD had yet been criminalized.

Jeff556
05-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Lets make no mistake, 4-8 years of standoff is what we are going to get with Paul as president. Reversing everything that has happened is going to be a very painful process since so much damage has been done since 1913.

Korey Kaczynski
05-21-2007, 01:56 PM
There were times during the cold war when funding and support (in terms of intelligence, passage, etc) were provided to individuals and groups who had said that they wanted to assassinate specific individuals in certain places around the world. It never went as far as such targetting of a US citizen, and those people/groups were never brought near US soil.
As far as the nytimes article, that's reaching back to 1953 - pretty far. The US and the whole world no less, were much different in 1953 than they are today. LSD was not fully understood, even, at that point. I can't find any reliable sources as to whether LSD had yet been criminalized.

But here in the days of the patriot act, I really DO NOT trust the government.

While the effects of LSD are understood now moreso than then really isn't an argument, as the CIA wanted see if it could BRAINWASH people, whereas now we know it can't (in fact, according to the hippies it does the exact opposite). I would argue that NOT knowing the effects of a drug yet testing it on unsuspecting people is even more of a despicable act than testing a well-known drug on unsuspecting people.

Anyways, we can't know what happens in many instances because a lot of stuff is top-secret and classified. I'll just peacefully dissent and say that I believe the ability to assassinate US citizens is within some individuals within governmental agencies and departments, as well as big businesses.

Bradley in DC
05-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Dr. Paul is healthy and looks great. I saw him after the monetary policy subcmte hearing last Thursday. I used to be his banking legislative staffer from 1997-2001. I believe 1,000 people applied for my position there. I realize many were sending resumes to all of the newly elected Republicans, not just because he's philosophically compatible. There were many, many other staffers there jealous that *I* got to work for Dr. Paul!

TaoWarrior
05-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Yes 4-8 years of standoffs is what I would fully expect of a Ron Paul presidency. But heck if the government was held to a standstill for 4-8 years and Dr. Paul got no downsizing done it would still be a huge change from the past 20 years.

I was curious about the vegan thing too is that real or was it just a spoof trying to be funny?

I'm a vegetarian and one of the people I'm trying to sell RP to is a vegan and his mom is a big muckety muck in Nevada's GOP. So being a vegan would help my cause in that regard.