PDA

View Full Version : Should the Ben Franklin Day (1/17) moneybomb merge with the MLK Day (1/21) moneybomb?

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Hey, I'm one of the folks running the Ben Franklin Day (http://www.benjaminsforpaul.com) (1/17) moneybomb. We've been getting a lot of pressure from Trevor and the MLK Day folks to switch our moneybomb to theirs on MLK Day (http://www.freeatlast2008.com) (1/21). I've got a lot of reservations about politicizing a civil rights leader's day to piggyback on his legacy for the sake of money, and I also think getting Ron the money by 1/17 instead of 1/21 will help him buy the advertising slots he needs for 2/5, but it seems like the MLK Day folks are deadset on doing it on the 21st. So, while I do have concerns about the MLK Day idea, I believe getting Ron Paul money in any way possible is far more important. I just wanted to get a sense of the forums and see which one people would be more apt to support.

01-05-2008, 12:15 PM
bump

losinglife
01-05-2008, 12:16 PM
tough call... it sucks we cant just do both.

Menthol Patch
01-05-2008, 12:18 PM
We need to have both money bombs! Is there anyway we could have a multiple day money bomb marathon? For example, a THURSDAY through MONDAY donation STAMPEDE?!

Menthol Patch
01-05-2008, 12:18 PM
tough call... it sucks we cant just do both.

I think we can do them both! We just need to unite them together some how! We need to let everyone know this is the LAST major fundraising push before Super Tuesday!

UtahApocalypse
01-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Donate NOW! Quit holding onto money and Donate when you can

Menthol Patch
01-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Yes, we can donate now! There is a spontaneous MONEY BOMB happening right now!

However, having an official money bomb allows us to GET THE MESSAGE OUT to encourage people to donate! Remember, money bombs allow us to get people EXCITED about donating!

peacemonger
01-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Keep them both and keep them separate.

When the publicity for the Franklin Bomb goes national, then we will be glad that there is another money bomb planned just 3 days later.

Heck the mainstream media may even give us a bump. I can see it now "blah blah blah he raised millions of dollars online breaking all records once again... AND THAT IS NOT ALL, THEY ALSO HAVE ANOTHER MONEY BOMB IN HONOR OF MLK JUST 3 DAYS FROM NOW!!! AMAZING... AMAZING!!!

Rebel Resource
01-05-2008, 12:24 PM
What about a compromise where you have the bomb on the 19th and commemorate it to both franklin and MLK?

Seriously? That means both sets of pledgers feel included.

Menthol Patch
01-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Remember to support today's spontaneous January 5-6th "Protest Faux News" Money Bomb!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=826758&posted=1#post826758

FreeTraveler
01-05-2008, 12:25 PM
They're going to dilute each other. It makes sense to move to Franklin's birthday, since there's no controversy attached to that date, and it gets the money in 4 days sooner. It also ties in nicely with the Founding Father / Constitution theme. The same can't be said for celebrating a communist's birthday. Also, I believe no one has yet contacted the King Foundation to see it there are issues involved. They've been known to sue in his name before.

You'll collect a LOT more money from people over 30 with the Ben Franklin day than with MLK day. I won't donate a penny in his name, and I honestly think if it gets much publicity, Dr. Paul will lose votes over it.

Trevor and the MLK group should realize that a segment of the grassroots will be watching to see if they do the gracious thing, now that a non-controversial alternative has been proposed, or whether they continue to advance their agenda even knowing that the MLK date could prove detrimental to the overall campaign. Part of being a leader is knowing when to change course.

01-05-2008, 12:26 PM
What about a compromise where you have the bomb on the 19th and commemorate it to both franklin and MLK?

Seriously? That means both sets of pledgers feel included.

That would land the moneybomb on a Saturday--weekends aren't good days to get fundraising momentum rolling.

Menthol Patch
01-05-2008, 12:26 PM
We need to get the entire Ron Paul community behind the Ben Franklin and Martin Luthor King money bombs! I think one way of doing that is by coming up with some kind of LAST CHANCE donation drive that covers BOTH these dates!

Menthol Patch
01-05-2008, 12:30 PM
bump

Menthol Patch
01-05-2008, 12:36 PM
bump

european
01-05-2008, 12:55 PM
bump

01-05-2008, 12:56 PM
bump

Myerz
01-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Screw Money Bombs......we Need Local Newspaper!!!!

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Screw Money Bombs......we Need Local Newspaper!!!!

:D I'm with you.

But, if we're going to have a Money Bomb, how about Trevor merging his MLK bomb with the Ben Franklin MB? NOT the other way around.

Ron LOL
01-05-2008, 01:02 PM
If we're going to do another moneybomb instead of constant, steady cashflow, then SOONER IS BETTER THAN LATER. Folks who seem to know about this kind of stuff say media buys need to be made 1-2 weeks in advance. Half a week in this case is IMO too long. 1/17 is way better than 1/21.

Full disclosure: I've posted many times that exploiting MLK day is pretty low class, so that's at play here too. But seriously, sooner is better than later.

TwiLeXia
01-05-2008, 01:03 PM
I say we move the Franklin one two days later and the MLK one to days before, so that on the 19th we have a big-ass Franklin AND MLK money bomb!

01-05-2008, 01:04 PM
I say we move the Franklin one two days later and the MLK one to days before, so that on the 19th we have a big-ass Franklin AND MLK money bomb!

That would land the moneybomb on a Saturday--weekends aren't good days to get fundraising momentum rolling.

Menthol Patch
01-05-2008, 01:06 PM
bump

dblee
01-05-2008, 01:08 PM
just do it on the 21st. trevor has a proven record of being able to pull these things off, so why dilute our efforts?

remember it's not about individuals and who's right here, it's about the cause

so lets just go with the option that will have the greatest effect

dblee
01-05-2008, 01:09 PM
also forgot to mention. it hasn't even been a full month since the last money bomb and the christmas season. a few more days will give people time to recharge their wallets

peacemonger
01-05-2008, 01:11 PM
They're going to dilute each other. It makes sense to move to Franklin's birthday, since there's no controversy attached to that date, and it gets the money in 4 days sooner. It also ties in nicely with the Founding Father / Constitution theme. The same can't be said for celebrating a communist's birthday. Also, I believe no one has yet contacted the King Foundation to see it there are issues involved. They've been known to sue in his name before.

You'll collect a LOT more money from people over 30 with the Ben Franklin day than with MLK day. I won't donate a penny in his name, and I honestly think if it gets much publicity, Dr. Paul will lose votes over it.

Trevor and the MLK group should realize that a segment of the grassroots will be watching to see if they do the gracious thing, now that a non-controversial alternative has been proposed, or whether they continue to advance their agenda even knowing that the MLK date could prove detrimental to the overall campaign. Part of being a leader is knowing when to change course.

Nonsense. 2 bombs is just like a 1, 2 punch. One gives publicity to the next. Throw in a Friday Payday and we could have the biggest fundraising day in the history of the world.

I'm just sad that nobody seems to be able to create a grassroots bomb pledge donation site filled with pledge thermometers for each chipin. Once all of the grassroots pledge thermometers get filled then we could send a mass email telling people to donate to the chipins they volunteered for.

I would make a pledge thermometer page for the chipins with email registration, but I don't know how do it. I really think it would be great to wake up one morning and see that all of the grassroots efforts and ads are completely funded.:cool:

AlexMerced
01-05-2008, 01:12 PM
we can do both, it's toatal of $110

it's not about setting a record this time

evadmurd
01-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Pick one or the other, combine them, or whatever. Just not both.

Elwar
01-05-2008, 01:16 PM
a lot of people have MLK day off...

peacemonger
01-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Both is better

Yom
01-05-2008, 01:17 PM
We can do 2 money bombs - remember that the MLK one is just $10 and focusing on the number of supporters more so than dollars, while the Franklin one is just trying to get as much money as possible.

tamor
01-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Here are some comments from a retired person on an fixed income:
1. I wish I had more to give, but I did give for the previous money bomb days
2. Others may be in my situation and cannot give to many money bombs
3. Would it be bad press if we make less than expected on a declared money bomb day-- with them saying "Ron Paul is losing support?"
4. If you think MLK money bomb will bring in new pledges - go for it
5. You with more money, remember who helped you get to this fortunate place in your life, and give a little more for them.
6. Remember press looks at the amount that is raised on a "money bomb" not how many money bombs you have
7. Go Ron Paul :-)

Pete Kay
01-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Both days are poor ideas. The time for money bombs are over.

This has been discussed before and I think after December 16th the general consensus has been that our money bombs just don't work. Sure we raised a lot of money, but the media almost completely ignored us after the Tea Party. The campaign needs money on a constant basis. They can't sit around waiting for one day that we may raise money. The whole purpose of the money bombs was to raise media awareness and at this point int he game, it's not neccessary anymore. Just send money now.

walt
01-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Franklin ONLY

blakjak
01-05-2008, 01:47 PM
This has been discussed before and I think after December 16th the general consensus has been that our money bombs just don't work.

Are you serious? How did they "not work"? We got excellent media coverage from them. Paul even mentioned the value of the media coverage was more than the value of the actual money collected.

I do agree we do need the money sooner rather than later, but the idea that these dont work is just plain wrong.

Electric Church
01-05-2008, 01:48 PM
http://www.benjaminsforpaul.com/

Has 3229 visits and still NO pledges recorded (not too professional)

Has little or no alternative media support

$100 dollars will exclude a lot of folks (last moneybomb had average of $50 donations)

Initiators have no previous moneybomb experience

http://www.freeatlast2008.com/

Has 5,730 visits and 3,870 pledges recorded

Will have alternative media support

$10 dollars will NOT exclude a lot of folks

Initiators have 2 previous successful moneybombs

davidt!
01-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Apparently I can't vote in the poll, however I would choose to have the Franklin Bomb merge into the MLK bomb. Either way I am signed up for both.

tamor
01-05-2008, 01:56 PM
bump

Oliver
01-05-2008, 01:59 PM
Franklin is Ron's strongest supporter. What a stupid Poll
question since this is so obvious...

european
01-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Apparently I can't vote in the poll, however I would choose to have the Franklin Bomb merge into the MLK bomb. Either way I am signed up for both.

try after logging in :D

european
01-05-2008, 03:02 PM
bump for the poll

adwads
01-05-2008, 03:09 PM
http://www.benjaminsforpaul.com/

Has 3229 visits and still NO pledges recorded (not too professional)

Has little or no alternative media support

$100 dollars will exclude a lot of folks (last moneybomb had average of $50 donations)

Initiators have no previous moneybomb experience

http://www.freeatlast2008.com/

Has 5,730 visits and 3,870 pledges recorded

Will have alternative media support

$10 dollars will NOT exclude a lot of folks

Initiators have 2 previous successful moneybombs

The benjamin franklin moneybomb is a lot newer and it hasn't had time to get pledges yet. Give it time.

01-05-2008, 03:18 PM
bump

european
01-05-2008, 04:05 PM
bump

gaazn
01-05-2008, 04:13 PM
neither is necessary because there will be a moneybomb on january 9 after new hampshire and another one on january 20 after south carolina. the money will come naturally. consider cancelling the other money bombs or changing the dates to january 9 and january 20. good results followed by a tsunami of money will be bigger news than any money bomb tied with ben franklin or mlk. plus, any money bomb tied to MLK doesn't seem right because all the other candidates have overdone MLK's name and message that further dilution of his message is wrong.

Flirple
01-05-2008, 04:24 PM
I understand your concerns but I think it is highly beneficial to consolidate. And I also understand everyone who keep yelling "Just donate now, they need money sooner rather than later."but that doesn't acknowledge the psychological realities of our fundraising success thus far.

Yes of course it would be better to give them 5 million evenly distributed every day from now until January 21st. But the reality is that we will never raise much money at all that way. Without the sense of community, and having a massive impact from of being part of a big event nobody has as much incentive to donate. They don't get any immediate rewards by quietly donating un noticed on a random day. Therefore, people tend not to get around to donating.

As much as I also like the Idea of having an event on Franklins B-day I think it will be much more effective to have just one day to rally around.

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 04:26 PM
As much as I also like the Idea of having an event on Franklins B-day I think it will be much more effective to have just one day to rally around.

Good, then Trevor should roll his money bomb in with Ben Franklin's. :)

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-05-2008, 04:28 PM
How about an option for NO MORE MONEY BOMBS right now?

WilliamC
01-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Donate as much as you can as soon as you can. At this stage time is the enemy, so waiting to donate is no longer a good strategy.

If you are one of those fed up with the national campaign donate to one of the grassroots projects, or buy your own campaign material and do your own thing.

Dave Pedersen
01-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Our money is much better spent on local newspaper advertising. Much more bang for the buck. Decentralizing the execution of resources is consistent with the philosophy of freedom and freedom works.

Menthol Patch
01-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Has anyone been able to get a hold of Trevor?

Menthol Patch
01-05-2008, 04:38 PM
bump

enjoiskaterguy
01-05-2008, 04:42 PM
MLK is TOO close to primaries. Ron Paul needs the money as soon as possible. Merge MLK 1/21 with Benjiman Franklins'. Its closer...on 1/17. Commen sense.

Menthol Patch
01-05-2008, 04:44 PM
MLK is TOO close to primaries. Ron Paul needs the money as soon as possible. Merge MLK 1/21 with Benjiman Franklins'. Its closer...on 1/17. Commen sense.

I agree. The MLK money bomb is too close to the primaries. Ron Paul needs the money ASAP!

Menthol Patch
01-05-2008, 05:05 PM
bump

josh24601
01-05-2008, 05:07 PM
The sooner the better.

kutibah
01-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Sooner the better like josh24601 said.

Menthol Patch
01-05-2008, 05:22 PM
bump

Menthol Patch
01-05-2008, 05:35 PM
bump

european
01-05-2008, 05:58 PM
hmm 107 votes already, and its like 25-50-25

european
01-05-2008, 06:34 PM
bumpy

John E
01-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Lets make it a money bomb week

european
01-05-2008, 08:03 PM
is an idea yes

Menthol Patch
01-05-2008, 08:19 PM
bump

Electric Church
01-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Ron Paul supporters will get behind the moneybomb that will get alternative media promotion. So far the 21st monybomb has been pledged that support. Alternative media promotion was vital to the success of the previous 2 moneybombs.

Once the 21st moneybomb starts getting that alternative media push, then what goes on here matters little because Ron Paul supporters will follow the lead and jump on the bandwagon.

I’ve noticed quite a few moneybomb proposals on this forum. Guess what? NONE will be successful without support and promotion from alternative media.

So illusions can be created here with all kinds of “polls” in this controlled environment the same way the establishment uses “polls” . But in the end:

NO ALTERNATIVE MEDIA PROMOTION = NO MONEYBOMB

european
01-06-2008, 01:22 AM
bump

smartguy911
01-06-2008, 01:24 AM
Earlier the better.

we need 4 money bombs with 100,000 donation at $50 each.

100,000 x $ 50.00 = $5,000,000 x 4 = $20 million

I guess focus on all money bombs and get all meetup groups to donate on that date. meet up groups have total of 91,434 members

quantized
01-06-2008, 01:29 AM
earlier the better. 17th Jan is the latest we can stretch. Lets do it.

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 01:33 AM
Has anyone been able to get a hold of Trevor?

Does anyone remember what happened with the tea party? We had to call to wake up Trevor after noon, to get him to send out an email to the mailing list.

smartguy911
01-06-2008, 01:33 AM
bump-shaka-laka

Paul4Prez
01-06-2008, 01:46 AM
I voted to keep them both and let the market decide, as usual, but if we decide to just do one, Ben Franklin is better, if only because it is earlier.

european
01-06-2008, 03:36 AM
bump-shaka-laka
:D

Electric Church
01-06-2008, 06:36 AM
Does anyone remember what happened with the tea party? .....

Does anyone remember what happen to all the money that went into all those phony fundraising drives?

JohnnyWrath
01-06-2008, 06:46 AM
both will suck if we don't combine them....people want one big bomb....that's what worked before, so why change it. We will not have unity in spreading the message of either bomb if we keep both....some people going one way, and some the other....I voted for Franklin Day..I relate the founders of the country to Ron Paul much more than the civil rights leader.

Electric Church
01-06-2008, 06:48 AM
Does anyone remember what happened with the tea party? We had to call to wake up Trevor after noon, to get him to send out an email to the mailing list.

listen to all these turncoats... before Trevor they never even heard of the term "Moneybomb". And now they trash talk Trevor because they are the real trash.

Ron Paulites: know your enemies. Look at what they are trying to do. They do not want another successful moneybomb. Go with the 21st moneybomb and tell these enemies of America to "stick it".
:cool:

lurker
01-06-2008, 07:09 AM
People, please donate now. The 21st January is quite late. Do you really need a theme to donate?

Revolution9
01-06-2008, 07:12 AM
listen to all these turncoats... before Trevor they never even heard of the term "Moneybomb". And now they trash talk Trevor because they are the real trash.

Ron Paulites: know your enemies. Look at what they are trying to do. They do not want another successful moneybomb. Go with the 21st moneybomb and tell these enemies of America to "stick it".
:cool:

Off base. MLK was a commie. Deal with the fact that that is a fact and alot of Americans have very good reason not to like communists. Personally I have a beef with any man of the cloth who uses prostitutes. That makes him similar to Falwell..Should we have a Falwell money bomb?..LOL! It is a form of economic slavery. So..he was another pit viper spewing from both sides of his mouth. Black, white, purple gold or green. If yer a hypocrite yer a fucking hypocrite.

It is mildly reprehensible to associate this profligate womanizer with Dr Paul. Fuck the flowery words and sloganeering filled speeches. The man was who he was as a whole.

Randy

Electric Church
01-06-2008, 07:12 AM
People, please donate now. The 21st January is quite late. Do you really need a theme to donate?

They can donate now but the next alternative media backed moneybomb is the 21st. Now can you spare 10 bucks for the 21st?

Electric Church
01-06-2008, 07:15 AM
Off base. MLK was a commie. Deal with the fact that that is a fact and alot of Americans have very good reason not to like communists. Personally I have a beef with any man of the cloth who uses prostitutes. That makes him similar to Falwell..Should we have a Falwell money bomb?..LOL! It is a form of economic slavery. So..he was another pit viper spewing from both sides of his mouth. Black, white, purple gold or green. If yer a hypocrite yer a fucking hypocrite.

It is mildly reprehensible to associate this profligate womanizer with Dr Paul. Fuck the flowery words and sloganeering filled speeches. The man was who he was as a whole.

Randy

Was that why he was murdered? Because he went with "prostitutes"?

Electric Church
01-06-2008, 07:19 AM

Randy

ps.

What the hell is happenin with this:

Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson Shot

Is this true? You seem to know all about this Wanta stuff. Has Story lost all credibility?

Revolution9
01-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Was that why he was murdered? Because he went with "prostitutes"?

WTF does that have to do with anything? I do not like the guy. Just like I do not like 1000 other "johns". Call me a sympathizer of cash strapped women..but I believe that womanhood and its favors are not to be bought and sold, but are a divine gift. You apparently have a problem with me not having relative morals that shift lines depending on how famous you are.

Randy

Revolution9
01-06-2008, 07:41 AM
ps.

What the hell is happenin with this:

Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson Shot

Is this true? You seem to know all about this Wanta stuff. Has Story lost all credibility?

I am awaiting a panout. But I do note this. The meeting on Friday was "nothing" It was pure show. They were all seated and did not move much. There was no prior photo ops or after like in all previous meetings of this type. As well the guy who s apparently Paulson is a little more pudgey and the features not quite as chiseled.

The thing about this tale is if you go back to the archives and follow his predictions and finger pointing at upcoming arrests you will find that indeed things have occurred as he said. I do know that when the Wanta motherlode first popped up and I had access to people who knew Wanta, I went to one of our largest financial paper buyers and he knew about the legendary funds and wanted to do business with him. That fund had offices in Moscow, Khazakstan, Monte Carlo, Miami, and Shanghai..so they knew their way around the top levels of the finance world. As well..VK Durham claims her sources..and remember she has been tracking trojan horses as a US Attorney since 1963 and was married to very top level CIA man Russell Hermann. She says they confirmed this.

This is also tied in with the Cheney office fire.

Best
Randy

Electric Church
01-06-2008, 07:42 AM
I am awaiting a panout. But I do note this. The meeting on Friday was "nothing" It was pure show. They were all seated and did not move much. There was no prior photo ops or after like in all previous meetings of this type. As well the guy who s apparently Paulson is a little more pudgey and the features not quite as chiseled.

Best
Randy

OK ... Thanks for your feedback. Time will tell

AtomiC
01-06-2008, 07:43 AM
There shouldn't be anymore moneybombs for now.

We need to focus on donating to grassroots efforts, like chip-ins for TV commercials, newspaper ads, etc.

Electric Church
01-06-2008, 07:53 AM

We need to focus on donating to grassroots efforts, like chip-ins for TV commercials, newspaper ads, etc.

If alternative media gets behind a moneybomb there will be a moneybomb whether you like it or not.

And it appears that they will get behind the 21st moneybomb, that black guy who went with prostitutes as opposed to that white guy Benjamin who was a sinless saint

Revolution9
01-06-2008, 07:59 AM
If alternative media gets behind a moneybomb there will be a moneybomb whether you like it or not.

And it appears that they will get behind the 21st moneybomb, that black guy who went with prostitutes as opposed to that white guy Benjamin who was a sinless saint

It seems Ben had a fondness for women and their gentleness. he had several ongoing, never consummated relationships with women his age and a lady young enough to be his daughter. He seemed to have a decent set of morals that did not shift with the tides or the erection in his drawers. Come on EC..stop flailing. I am not telling anybody else what to do. I simply offer my perception and stick by my moral guns. I note that you are the one making racial references. I am making moral references.

Too bad the alternative media is more jazzed about MLK than BF. Just goes to show you their head is up someone's ass as well.

Best
Randy

Electric Church
01-06-2008, 08:06 AM

It seems Ben had a fondness for women and their gentleness. he had several ongoing, never consummated relationships with women his age and a lady young enough to be his daughter. He seemed to have a decent set of morals that did not shift with the tides or the erection in his drawers. Come on EC..stop flailing. I am not telling anybody else what to do. I simply offer my perception and stick by my moral guns. I note that you are the one making racial references. I am making moral references.

Too bad the alternative media is more jazzed about MLK than BF. Just goes to show you their head is up someone's ass as well.

Best
Randy

So I guess I may have to rely on paulforums.com to get all my accurate history as well as my most accurate up-to-date headlines.

Electric Church
01-06-2008, 08:12 AM
It seems Ben had a fondness for women and their gentleness. he had several ongoing, never consummated relationships with women his age and a lady young enough to be his daughter.

Upon second glance it would seem to appear that our Benny boy was quite the stud

literatim
01-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Both money bombs will fail.

If the official campaign runs out of money, this entire thing is over no matter how many PACs you have.

Menthol Patch
01-06-2008, 08:36 AM
Lets donate!

Electric Church
01-06-2008, 09:03 AM
It seems Ben had a fondness for women and their gentleness....
It is mildly reprehensible to associate this profligate womanizer with Dr Paul.

. .....Best
Randy

Seems he also had a fondness for slaves:

“Benjamin Franklin owned two slaves, George and King, who worked as personal servants, and his newspaper, the Pennsylvania Gazette, commonly ran notices involving the sale or purchase of slaves and contracts for indentured laborers.
http://www.pbs.org/benfranklin/l3_citizen_abolitionist.html

So we can have a moneybomb for a slave merchant who had a "fondness" for women (ooo how I like that term "fondness" as opposed to "pervert"). So if you're a white slave trader who screws a lot of women it's called "fondness" and if you’re a descendent of a slave who screws a lot of women it's called being a “profligate womanizer.”

literatim
01-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Electric Church, you aren't even American. Why are you arguing in our forums?

european
01-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Lets donate!

thats a good quote to end this thread with.
my guess the poll has done its job
thanks goes out to all who participated here on ronpaulforums.com

gonna get things rolling :D

mconder
01-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Trevor needs to drop MLK and help you out with Ben Franklin!

Electric Church
01-06-2008, 01:25 PM
my guess the poll has done its job

Polls here are meaningless because it's impossible to verify a username's authenticity.

literatim
01-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Trevor needs to drop MLK and help you out with Ben Franklin!

I've heard no confirmation that Trevor is involved with it to begin with.

LibertyEagle
01-06-2008, 01:28 PM

He appears to be involved, because he just used the TeaParty email list to send out an email about the MLK fundraiser.

adwads
01-06-2008, 01:29 PM
We can do Benjamin Franklin's day without Trevor

jake
01-06-2008, 01:29 PM
voted option 2 "The 1/21 MLK Day Moneybomb should move to 1/17 and merge with Ben Franklin Day"

why ? the earlier date. More money sooner = biggest impact. 2 smaller moneybombs will not bring is as much more NOR will it be brought is as quickly as one, larger combined moneybomb on the 17th.

Noble
01-06-2008, 01:34 PM
oh my god, i thought we laid this to rest weeks ago.

and its the same thing as the old mlk thread, same people arguing about NOTHING

money bombs aren't effective anymore

we invented it and made the news
then we did it again and blew away all the records

what do you expect from this one?

donate as much and as often as you can

organizing money bombs is a waste of energy now

I'm starting to think the people arguing about the reputation of Ben Franklin or MLK are actually working for other candidates, trying to divide us or make us lose focus

Ball
01-06-2008, 01:45 PM
sigh, these 'bombs' are too frequent. I'm tapped.

I'll think about sending money to ONE bomb only. Stop making every friggin day a money bomb!

Ball
01-06-2008, 01:46 PM

+1

(especially since the official ads are super-weak)

Menthol Patch
01-06-2008, 02:01 PM
We do need money bombs! They encourage people to donate!

Electric Church
01-06-2008, 02:11 PM

Trevor is behind the MLK moneybomb

Actual current standings:

MLK Moneybomb

Site Visits: 5730
Pledges: 4,230
73.3 % of those who have visited the site have pledged
diggs: 570

Benjamin moneybomb

Site Visits: 3461
Pledges: 229
6.6 % of those who have visited the site have pledged
diggs: none mentioned

So far as I've heard alternative media is behind Trevor's MLK moneybomb. You can stack up as many "usernames " on an online forum poll as you want against it but unless the 17th gets alternative media promotion and backing by “real” Ron Paul supporters I can't see it achieving its goal.

Menthol Patch
01-06-2008, 04:47 PM
bump

hotbrownsauce
01-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Yes Please Move It To One Day. Please Please Please!

european
01-06-2008, 05:08 PM
both days have totally different goals...

www.benjaminsforpaul.com wants to be a big fundraising event,
whereas www.freeatlast2008.com aims for a symbolic amount of $10 only and get people out on the streets

JohnnyWrath
01-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Just seems to me that a black civil rights leaders birthday makes little sense for a candidate backed overwhelmingly by white majority men...

To me, it stinks of trying to throw off the "racist" perception that opponents have thrust upon us....

The vast majority of Ron Supporters I talk to believe in the founders of this country....this campaign is about the founders and our constitution, so B. Franklin was a MUCH better choice just as the tea party inspired the Ron Paul base.

Will we have black marches for MLK day or what? Will we have white people marching for MLK day??

Stupid idea...yes, he does have more support from blacks than any other GOP candidate, but it still makes no sense other than seeking quite lamely to push aside the "racist" attacks....which HAVE NOT WORKED ANYWAY as shown by minority support.

We based this whole grassroots largely on the founders and our constitution, and then we pick MLK as the bomb day instead of Franklin?? It makes no sense...

Whatever, lets have a march of white men for Martin Luther King....it makes sense to some I guess.???? Sure gives the media another reason that day to keep on us about the white nationalists and racism.

We have quoted Ben Franklin thousands of times during this effort....we have never even talked about King until this bomb....

quantized
01-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Ben Franklin Day the winner!!!

Madison
01-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Blump.