PDA

View Full Version : 1st Place In South Carolina Or It Is Over

fireworks_god
01-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Let's realize this now, before it is too late. Hopefully we've put in enough effort in New Hampshire to take 3rd. 5th > 3rd > 1st is momentum. Florida is crucial too, huge state right before Super Tuesday, so maybe we could slide with 5th > 3rd > 2nd > 1st.

But the fact is, we have to win crucial primaries, South Carolina and Florida, or we won't win on Super Tuesday.

Are we going to do anything about this, or aren't we? Are we going to let forces outside of our immediate control decide this, or are we going to stand up, take ACTION that will directly impact GETTING OUT THE VOTES?

Is this a war for our country, or isn't it?

What are we going to do about this? Anything?

Chester Copperpot
01-05-2008, 11:33 AM
thats a cute little avatar you have..

dont worry.. we're gonna win this

itsnobody
01-05-2008, 11:34 AM
No, we'll get 1st or 2nd in NH hopefully, looks like we're gaining

Then that boost can lead us to bigger victories

fireworks_god
01-05-2008, 11:35 AM
It's a red panda. :)

I don't like your other sentence though. ;)

How do you know this? What are we doing to ensure that we do win? After Iowa, I am not satisfied or convinced by unbridled optimism. :)

fireworks_god
01-05-2008, 11:37 AM
No, we'll get 1st or 2nd in NH hopefully, looks like we're gaining

Then that boost can lead us to bigger victories

So, you are saying we are going to cut down John McCain and Mitt Romney? These things just don't happen. We all expected third or better in Iowa. Plenty of people were saying first and second. I know my official prediction was second... none of it was based in reality.

What are we doing to directly impact the vote?

hellsingfan
01-05-2008, 11:37 AM
then help the people who are trying to run local newspaper ads!!!!

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-05-2008, 11:39 AM
I think February 5th is our firewall. That's when we absolutely have to start getting 1sts. We definitely have the money to compete.

Menthol Patch
It's not over until the very end. I don't know about all of you, but I'm not a sunshine patriot.

anewvoice
ther campaign is the beginning, win or lose, it's never over, we have fired a shot for liberty heard round the world

Menthol Patch
01-05-2008, 11:40 AM
I think February 5th is our firewall. That's when we absolutely have to start getting 1sts. We definitely have the money to compete.

I agree. February 5th is the day that really matters.

Sey.Naci
01-05-2008, 11:41 AM
STOP the damn alarmist headlines. Am not alone here in being fed up with them!

roversaurus
01-05-2008, 11:42 AM
This is a long race.

Making such a requirement for wining is a way to GUARANTEE a loss.

We can survive 4th. We really need 3rd.
If we get 3rd in EITHER New Hampshire or South Carolina we've got a
good chance.

If we take 3rd then the main stream media and UNDECIDED voters
begin to look at us and wonder if we can beat Hillary.

Then they look at Ron Paul and see if they "like" him.

Because most voters go on a gut feeling of likeability and sincerity.

fireworks_god
01-05-2008, 11:43 AM
We have to get firsts before February 5th, or we won't have momentum to take any of these states!

Why should we excuse ourselves from winning South Carolina or Florida? It makes absolutely no fucking sense.

This isn't about being a sunshine patriot, it is about reality. We know that we will all support Ron Paul to the end, but this is about his chances. This is about those millions of other people in this country called Americans who aren't thinking like us!

fireworks_god
01-05-2008, 11:44 AM
The official campaign is saying they need $24 more million this month just to advertise for Super Tuesday. We aren't off to a good start with that, now are we?

How do we think we can just keep dreaming? Why don't we develop a sense of urgency and act?

fireworks_god
01-05-2008, 11:45 AM
This isn't about a "requirement for winning", as if this is something that WE set.

Reality kind of sets it for us, no? We have one month here, people! If we aren't placed to sweep Super Tuesday, then what is left, after half the states have already voted?

JPFromTally
01-05-2008, 11:45 AM
The MSM is now starting to spin Obama as the anti-war candidate... That's not good.

itshappening
01-05-2008, 11:46 AM
this race will be kept wide open by the Ron Paul factor, i doubt anyone will overrun, our 10%+ will stop that I hope :-) unlike the Dems where the Iowa winner could look very strong if he winsa couple more

liberty_Forever
01-05-2008, 11:47 AM
We need consistent Top 3 finishes, and it would be very important to take SC. For everyone in SC, get your meetup group to pitch in for local newspaper ads. We need to reach out to Churches to spread Dr. Paul's message of America. They should know he is pro-States rights, has delivered 3000 babies, etc.

fireworks_god
01-05-2008, 11:48 AM
No it isn't, and he threatens our Independent votes in New Hampshire.

If we truly meant it in this campaign, wouldn't we all have a sense of urgency to start taking Obama down in New Hampshire? We have mere days, and the MSM is working agansit us on that front.

WE all know the truth about Obama, but THEY don't. THEY are the ones who will vote. Are we at war, or not?

We need an Obama/Ron Paul contrast advertising campaign, if it isn't too late already. I don't know how to create a ChipIn, I don't know how to create a video/audio spot, people here do. Shouldn't we start fighting?

fireworks_god
01-05-2008, 11:50 AM
this race will be kept wide open by the Ron Paul factor, i doubt anyone will overrun, our 10%+ will stop that I hope :-) unlike the Dems where the Iowa winner could look very strong if he winsa couple more

Why keep it open when we could seal the deal? Why aren't we all in the Win In South Carolina forum, planning all-out war?

Do we not care? Do we actually think it'll all work out for ourselves, even though we all know how much effort there is agansit a Ron Paul presidency? :mad:

ronpaulyourmom
01-05-2008, 11:52 AM
We'll need some solid 2nd place showings to become a real contender, but a win would be best.

Dont discount the idea of a brokered convention though. I know it seems like we're the far cry to win such a thing, but we'll have four major cards to play at such an event and some of them might make an impact depending on how many delegates we roll in with.

#1 would be the threat of going third-party
#2 would be our proven record at winning Independent voters and young voters (the only way to beat Obama)
#3 would be our fundraising prowess and enthusiasm
#4 would be the recession that we would undoubtedly be in at the time.

fireworks_god
01-05-2008, 11:53 AM
We need consistent Top 3 finishes, and it would be very important to take SC. For everyone in SC, get your meetup group to pitch in for local newspaper ads. We need to reach out to Churches to spread Dr. Paul's message of America. They should know he is pro-States rights, has delivered 3000 babies, etc.

Great idea. Local newspaper ads are a clincher, it seems. :)

If we organized ourselves in the Win in South Carolina forum, we could start running ads for ourselves. I've been researching into the voting lists, and have been meaning to get information on every South Carolina newspaper and other advertising outlets, but I'm trying to enlist some help here! ;)

fireworks_god
01-05-2008, 11:57 AM
We'll need some solid 2nd place showings to become a real contender, but a win would be best.

Well, second in South Carolina and first in Florida would be great too, but I think we still have the time and the means, IF EVERYONE STARTS WAGING ALL OUT FUCKING WAR to take South Carolina! :)

Either way, we'll need a ton of effort and same for Florida. If we believe in Ron Paul and the future of this country, perhaps we will start to do it. :cool:

Dont discount the idea of a brokered convention though. I know it seems like we're the far cry to win such a thing, but we'll have four major cards to play at such an event and some of them might make an impact depending on how many delegates we roll in with

Its possible, and we can be ready for it and feel great that we have cards to play, but I think there is some crucial truth in expecting the worst for us, if we act to ensure we do the best! :)

Yom
01-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Guys, we can win in SC. There's a lot of people supporting him down there, but we do need to keep fighting down south. This is a 50 state battlefield, and we need to position ourselves well for Feb 5th when 20 states will hold their primaries. That means, that on Feb. 6th, over half of the states will have held their primaries. We need momentum going into Super Tuesday, it's priceless when you consider the tons of national free airtime we will get, and help conserve our resources (we may have 20 million, but campaigning in 20 states takes a lot of money).

fireworks_god
01-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Exactly, and if we knock out South Carolina, Florida will be much easier for us! Less effort, because the media will do it for us!

Look, its too late for concentrated efforts from this forum in New Hampshire, and the odds are New Hampshire will be more favorable to us than Iowa.

South Carolina is crucial. For anyone who thinks the title to this thread is alarmist, the official campaign stated that the entire campaign hinges on South Carolina.

Over 500,000 people voted in the Republican primaries in 2000 in South Carolina.

We need to face facts, so we can know reality and act in accordance with it! We can win, but we need to make it happen! :)

Let's all get involved with the Win in South Carolina forum. If we have to buy the voting list for ourselves, it'll cost $14,000. If we have thousands of Ron Paul supporters calling every day, coupled with automated calls giving very quick information, we can reach a lot of people who will actually vote.

The grassroots has accomplished amazing things, but we need to focus our energy on BRINGING OUT THE VOTE.

Every user in this forum calling South Carolina citizens - creatively collaborating on advertisements to run in every local newspaper and any other advertising outlet we can find - a coordinated effort to get our supporters into vote on the day of the primary.

Will we win this for Ron Paul or not?