PDA

View Full Version : Who do we want to win the democratic vote...

lvp1138
01-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Seeking opinion here...

I see a lot of people saying that we have to go after Obama's supporters.

In my opinion, I think we shouldn't. Because if we do, we could probably give Clinton an easy path to the nomination.

I know Ron Paul would eat Hillary alive in a debate. However, not many people watch those. She will end up getting the majority of votes due to name recognition and the majority of the female vote.

I believe we can take votes from Obama, but not too many. Having Obama or Edwards win the democratic nomination is a strategic advantage to level the field.

What do you guys think?

ronpaulitician
01-05-2008, 11:11 AM
I would prefer Hillary to win, because I think Paul will do better against her than against Obama. (I don't give Edwards a chance. He put all his eggs into the Iowa basket.)

As president, I would much prefer Obama to Clinton, but I think he'd make a worse opponent for Paul, because of his appeal to young people and independents.

Thomas Paine
01-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Hillary did not put up with Bill Clinton's shenanigans and mistresses for 35 years to get her dream shot at the White House only to see it taken away by a young upstart who only four years ago was an obscure state senator from Illinois. She is going to do anything, and I mean anything, it takes to win or steal the Democrat nomination from Obama. If this means that Hillary is going to have to get nasty and destroy Obama on the campaign trail, then she will do it. If this means that she is going to burn through her $100 Million of her campaign funds and $100 Million of her personal funds to destroy Obama, then she will do it. Hillary's back is against the wall and desparate times call for desparate measures on her part.

Paul10
01-05-2008, 11:25 AM

Elwar
01-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Ron Paul

RP-Republican
01-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Another distraction. How about we win the Republican nomination 1st then worry about this.

DealzOnWheelz
01-05-2008, 12:15 PM
We need Hillary or Edwards to get the nom

Barrack is taking too much of the young and independants

slamhead
01-05-2008, 12:17 PM
I would prefer Hillary to win, because I think Paul will do better against her than against Obama. (I don't give Edwards a chance. He put all his eggs into the Iowa basket.)

As president, I would much prefer Obama to Clinton, but I think he'd make a worse opponent for Paul, because of his appeal to young people and independents.

Agree. Obama shares many in the same age group as Paul.

bolidew
01-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Dr. Paul can BEAT Hillary, and it'll be much easier than to beat Obama!

Thomas Paine
I wouldn't be surprised that if Barack Obama is on the verge of defeating Hillary Clinton for the Democrat nomination that he "mysteriously" suffers the same fate as Robert F. Kennedy.

losinglife
Barrack is taking too much of the young and independants

I wouldnt sweat that. If he were to win along side RP, then people will start seeing what a joke he is once the general debates come around. RP will steam roll him on any topic due to Obama not taking any stand on anything

bolidew
01-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Bring down every Dem candidates, but hit Obama FIRST and HARDEST.