PDA

View Full Version : Newsmax columnist endorses Ron Paul - sort of

randolphus maximus
07-17-2007, 09:20 PM
John Leboutillier former Congressman and columnist for Newsmax.com

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2007/7/16/100542.shtml

Why are people passionate about Ron Paul?

Because Ron Paul — a lifelong libertarian conservative — represents more and more people who realize that George W. Bush's brand of Republicanism should be called big government Republicanism. The post-9/11 expansion of federal power combined with the ill-conceived pre-emptive invasion of Iraq — when we had not been attacked by Iraq — are decidedly non-conservative actions. But, in the afterglow of 9/11, these libertarians were drowned out in the rush to embrace President Bush and show the world a united front.

Then there's this:

Ron Paul is the hottest GOP candidate at the moment.

But, and this comes at the end, after all the build up, he gives his caveat on how Ron Paul will do:

He will do better than the so-called MSM believes — who cares what these guys think anyway? But Paul will not do as well as his supporters hope.

Well, he got most of the column right at least!!!:D

Patrick Henry
07-17-2007, 09:45 PM
He will do better than the so-called MSM believes — who cares what these guys think anyway? But Paul will not do as well as his supporters hope.

Well, he got most of the column right at least!!!:D

I say he got it all right. Because Ron Paul will probably win 49 states instead of the 50 we know he should, could, and can win. :D

I honestly believe that once his message finally reaches the masses, the good Dr. could/will win in landslide proportions reminiscent of Dutch. I truly believe this. America is sick of the globalist insanity. We are sick of the total destruction of our sovereignty, property rights, individual rights, the total lack of fidelity to the constitution and the global mayhem caused by outrageous foreign policy.

BillyBeer
07-17-2007, 09:48 PM
I say he got it all right. Because Ron Paul will probably win 49 states instead of the 50 we know he should, could, and can win. :D

I honestly believe that once his message finally reaches the masses, the good Dr. could/will win in landslide proportions reminiscent of Dutch. I truly believe this. America is sick of the globalist insanity. We are sick of the total destruction of our sovereignty, property rights, individual rights, the total lack of fidelity to the constitution and the global mayhem caused by outrageous foreign policy.

Sorry but I dont see a landslide win for Paul. No way in hell he carries California, it pains me to say that but its the the truth. He will need to lean on the Mountain West and South to for the bulk of his electoral college votes.

Patrick Henry
07-17-2007, 09:53 PM
Sorry but I dont see a landslide win for Paul. No way in hell he carries California, it pains me to say that but its the the truth. He will need to lean on the Mountain West and South to for the bulk of his electoral college votes.

Okay, make that 48 states. :D

ronpaulitician
07-17-2007, 10:39 PM
I've had some e-mail correspondence with Mr. Leboutillier.

Not sure what the net etiquette is about posting e-mail correspondence, but since he seems to be in support of Ron Paul, I don't think he'd mind me posting something he wrote in his first e-mail.

"Ron Paul and I were in the House together - and I like him very much. He has many good ideas. Sadly he - so far - isn't catching on...but who knows what the future will bring?"

pazzo83
07-17-2007, 10:46 PM

Don't forget about DC (which he probably won't win, but still)!!