PDA

View Full Version : 4 Sundays before FL Primary: My Plan Of Action

Mortikhi
01-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Jan 6: Put negative flyers on cars in church parking lots espousing Huckabee's views on all things important to the evangelicals.

Jan 13: Put negative flyers on cars in church parking lots espousing McCain's love for war and when will he be asking for their children next.

Jan 20: Put negative flyers on cars in church parking lots espousing Romney's flip flopping on abortion.

Jan 27: Put positive flyers on cars in church parking lots pointing out Ron Paul's track record on taxes, upholding the Constitution, and his fight to keep the government out of their pockets.

Jan 29: FL Caucus

Any info/quotes that I can use, please post here. I'm about to go out and canvass a new neighborhood in my region with slim jims.

fireworks_god
01-05-2008, 10:31 AM
You should have a pamphlet for each candidate on each car on all four Sundays. ;)

MRoCkEd
01-05-2008, 10:33 AM
hit every church in florida lol

Abyss
01-05-2008, 10:34 AM
props.

Leslie Webb
01-05-2008, 10:43 AM
I strongly disagree. People go to church to worship. Putting political flyers on their cars there, especially negative political flyers, will offend them. Please do not do this. It will backfire. If the story gets picked up and run nationally, we would lose millions of votes.

fireworks_god
01-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Well then, put up flyers supporting the other candidate if it will backfire. :p

Or at least ones slamming them, they'll still read it either way and won't have anyone to get upset at, because they wont' know who it was for. :)

Mortikhi
01-05-2008, 10:45 AM
I strongly disagree. People go to church to worship. Putting political flyers on their cars there, especially negative political flyers, will offend them. Please do not do this. It will backfire. If the story gets picked up and run nationally, we would lose millions of votes.
Since you're not the voice of the people, I'm sticking with my plan.

You hang out here and keep posting.

I'm doing something.

OK I got my stuff. Im out.

Leslie Webb
01-05-2008, 10:47 AM
This activity smacks of dirty tricks. Please don't put any flyers on people's cars at churches.

Thomas Paine
01-05-2008, 10:48 AM

I'm doing something.

My friend, you are free to do whatever you want. However, I personally hate flyers being stuck on my car during the weekdays at work. I would be doubly annoyed if I found flyers on my car after church service.

Leslie Webb
01-05-2008, 10:49 AM
People take their religion seriously. Please do not offend them. You will lose votes for Ron Paul.

Brad324
01-05-2008, 10:51 AM
this would be huge...

I used to be a church-going christian, and I can tell you from experience, a few of Paul's policies that will be huge for the evangelical vote:

1) The abolishment of the department of education. Emphasize what this means for a standardized teaching of evolution. If the department of education is abolished, then it will be up to the states to decide whether evolution is taught in our classrooms, and whether prayer is allowed in our schools.

2) Pro Life. Pro Life. Pro Life.

3) In a libertian society. The churches will be the ones looked upon to provide shelter and charity to the needy. God's goodness will truly shine.

4) Ron Paul is honest, and would not steal in our country's name. If we elect dishonest politicians, we are guilty of lying ourselves.

Even though these things wouldn't win MY vote, or the vote of many people on this forum... these would be massive for churches. I know the way evangelicals talk.

homah
01-05-2008, 10:51 AM

I'm doing something.

It's pretty fucking condescending to tell someone to "keep posting" as if they don't do anything for the campaign just because they disagree with the way you are doing things.

Leslie Webb
01-05-2008, 10:54 AM

I'm doing something.

What you are doing is losing votes for Ron Paul.

slamhead
01-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Jan 6: Put negative flyers on cars in church parking lots espousing Huckabee's views on all things important to the evangelicals.

Jan 13: Put negative flyers on cars in church parking lots espousing McCain's love for war and when will he be asking for their children next.

Jan 20: Put negative flyers on cars in church parking lots espousing Romney's flip flopping on abortion.

Jan 27: Put positive flyers on cars in church parking lots pointing out Ron Paul's track record on taxes, upholding the Constitution, and his fight to keep the government out of their pockets.

Jan 29: FL Caucus

Any info/quotes that I can use, please post here. I'm about to go out and canvass a new neighborhood in my region with slim jims.

For huckabee make sure you let them know that he is on the list at http://www.judicialwatch.org as one of the 10 most corrupt politicians in 2007

Leslie Webb
01-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Motikhi, how many votes do you think you would get for Ron Paul by dressing up in a Nazi uniform and waving a Ron Paul sign? Yes, you would be doing something.

By putting negative political flyers on people's cars at churches you will make many people angry. When word gets out that a Ron Paul supporter put the flyers out, the media will jump on us, and we will lose votes.

Ron Paul is a religious man, and I believe he would not condone your activity one bit. Please put your enthusiasm to work in some other activity. If you have to put flyers on cars, do it at shopping malls rather than churches.

Mortikhi
01-05-2008, 11:17 AM
I dont listen to naysayers especially now after I got heat for supporting the V for Vendetta money drive.

How did that turn out anyway?

If it weren't for those that decided to NOT listen to the namby pambys, we wouldnt have had the Nov 5th drive, which would have resulted in us not having the Dec 16th drive.

So, put away your crystal ball. You're not Nostradamus.

I will be putting the flyers out. I will be in a car that has nothing Ron Paul related. I will be doing it for the NEXT FOUR WEEKENDS.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Right, Thomas Paine? :p

Thomas Paine
01-05-2008, 11:25 AM
I dont listen to naysayers especially now after I got heat for supporting the V for Vendetta money drive.

How did that turn out anyway?

If it weren't for those that decided to NOT listen to the namby pambys, we wouldnt have had the Nov 5th drive, which would have resulted in us not having the Dec 16th drive.

So, put away your crystal ball. You're not Nostradamus.

I will be putting the flyers out. I will be in a car that has nothing Ron Paul related. I will be doing it for the NEXT FOUR WEEKENDS.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Right, Thomas Paine? :p

I think I'll get out of your way.

Leslie Webb
01-05-2008, 11:49 AM
I supported the Nov 5 money drive and the blimp.

I do not support offending people when you do something for Ron Paul. You will just lose us votes. Why can't you put the flyers on cars in shopping mall parking lots rather than churches?

Jaykzo
01-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Shouldn't you be focusing more on Giuliani? Isn't that supposed to be his ace-up-the-sleeve?

Thomas Paine
01-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Shouldn't you be focusing more on Giuliani? Isn't that supposed to be his ace-up-the-sleeve?

At least with Giuliani you would be putting flyers on cars parked outside whorehouses and massage parlors.

Leslie Webb
01-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Mortikhi, the media smearers at Fox would love to spin something like this: "Ron Paul supporters are so desperate that they put negative campaign flyers on cars parked at church services."

I doubt that you can get away with doing this without someone noticing. Huck's army and others read this forum. After two or three weeks people in the church will notice and you could get caught for trespassing on private property.

Putting negative campaign ad flyers on cars parked at church for four weeks in a row is going to make people in the church angry and backfire. If they find out it was a Ron Paul supporter, you will lose us lots of votes in your town. If the story gets picked up, it will be even worse. It's not worth the risk, and I believe Ron Paul would not condone it.

Mortikhi
01-05-2008, 03:29 PM
If this, if that if, if, if, if, if

What are the odds of all your if's?

What is your plan to get the word out?

Here's my if: IF you do nothing, then don't complain when someone is doing something. Go canvas.

hasan
01-05-2008, 03:45 PM
there are no dirty tricks here. its simply telling the truth.
why would it offend anyone?

ckhagen
01-05-2008, 04:05 PM
I have to caution you against doing this as well (and I know which area we're talking about). We attempted to put *positive* RP statement of faith papers on the cars in the parking lot of our own church and it went terribly bad. Deacons went out and took them down within minutes of putting them up. They were not happy. If they were negative, the reaction would have been even worse. And for four weeks in a row... do you not realize they will figure it out by the 2nd time and be prepared to confront you? It would make for very poor press in our area which is obviously starving for news.

Point is, the time would better spent door canvassing. I learned my lesson about the church parking lots and I wasn't even going the route of being negative. When they catch on and pull them off prior to the end of the service, all your materials will have been put in the trash before anyone even sees them. Luckily I was able to recoup my stuff because I knew who took them down, but if you're talking about churches you don't even go to... you're definitely treading on the wrong territory.