PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen: Ron Paul Soars to 14% in NH

traitorist
01-05-2008, 10:07 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/018263.html

a solid 3rd.

jake
01-05-2008, 10:09 AM
fantastic this will be a battle for independents. Paul versus. Obama.

Paul10

PatriotOne
Whoot!

Today's Rasmussen poll puts Ron Paul at third place for 14%:

McCain 31%
Romney 26%
Ron Paul 14%
Huckabee 11%
Giuliani 8%
Thompson 5%

rpfan2008
01-05-2008, 10:10 AM
I love this blog

ronpaulfollower999
01-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Hell Yeah!!!

QFT!

AlexMerced
01-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Pat Buchanan was at 14% before he won with 28% of the vote

not to get anyones hopes up

Eponym_mi
01-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Hoping this is a trend up!

WilliamC
01-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Oh come on now, we don't believe in mainstream polls do we :rolleyes: ?

Well, ok, I guess after Iowa maybe we do.

Gee, you think Fox News knows about this?

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 10:13 AM
I certainly hope Ron Paul is there now and campaigning his backside off, all over the state!!!

fireworks_god
01-05-2008, 10:14 AM
What we need to do, is reach New Hampshire, FAST, with a compare/contrast between Obama and Ron Paul!

OptionsTrader
01-05-2008, 10:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf7HYoh9YMM

fireworks_god
01-05-2008, 10:16 AM

I was going to reply to your first line with a :eek: until I read the second half in the quote box as the window loaded to post. :p

This is great, but we need to further secure our standing! Its too late to coordinate any kind of huge effort to reach New Hampshire, going to do that with South Carolina (GET INVOLVED WITH THE WIN IN SOUTH CAROLINA FORUM!), but we can reach out and take some strategic action to secure our place!

Obama vs. Ron Paul contrast, for these Independent voters. We need something on John McCain too for the Republicans! Immigration was super strong in New Hampshire!

How do we reach them, fast? Too late for newspaper ads? How do we do this?

ProBlue33
01-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Now we need to go after McCain hard with the "100 years in Iraq", chip away at that lead he has.:D

PatriotOne
01-05-2008, 10:17 AM
It's going to be a battle for the independants. I think RP has the advantage there. While McCain was a popular NH Independant choice in 2004, ALOT has changed in 4 years where the war is concerned. Support for the war has decreased. McCain might not look so good to those independants who supported him before. Fingers crossed!

Survey of 441 Likely GOP Voters

Mortikhi
01-05-2008, 10:18 AM
We gotta go negative on Obama.

And by negative, I mean tell the truth about his positions :D

fireworks_god
01-05-2008, 10:20 AM
So how do we take action to reach these independents and save them from Obama? :)

bolidew

Yeah, I definitely don't get my hope up. ;)

UtahApocalypse
It's going to be a battle for the independants. I think RP has the advantage there. While McCain was a popular NH Independant choice in 2004, ALOT has changed in 4 years where the war is concerned. Support for the war has decreased. McCain might not look so good to those independants who supported him before. Fingers crossed!

in 2004 McCain was actually talking about ending the war. He has changed completely now.

tsetsefly
01-05-2008, 10:21 AM

exactly he is stealing our young voters!

Jimmy
01-05-2008, 10:21 AM
woot!!!

Bradley in DC
01-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Election 2008: New Hampshire Republican Primary
New Hampshire: McCain 31% Romney 26%
Saturday, January 05, 2008

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in New Hampshire shows John McCain leading Mitt Romney by five percentage points. It’s McCain 31% Romney 26%. The survey was conducted Friday night, the night following the Iowa caucuses. As noted yesterday on Rasmussen Reports, McCain was one of the big winners on Thursday in Iowa. The current poll is a reversal from a pre-Christmas survey when Romney had a slight advantage.

Ron Paul earns 14% of the vote and Mike Huckabee gets 11% as the only other candidates in double digits. Rudy Giuliani attracts 8% of the vote, Fred Thompson 5%, some other candidate 2%, and 3% are not sure.

McCain and Romney are tied among Republicans likely to vote in the Primary but McCain has an advantage among Independent voters. Independents are still more likely to participate in the Democratic Primary. Still, the survey suggests that 32% of voters in the GOP Primary will be unaffiliated with either major party.

The Republican race remains fluid as nearly a third of GOP voters say they could still change their mind. Sixty-four percent (64%) of McCain’s voters say they are “certain” they will vote for him. Sixty-two percent (62%) of Romney supporters are that certain along with 83% of Ron Paul voters and 66% for Mike Huckabee...

Nationally, in both the Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll and the Rasmussen Markets data, there is no clear frontrunner for the Republican nomination.
In New Hampshire, McCain is now seen as the most electable Republican. Seventy-six percent (76%) of GOP voters say the Arizona Senator is at least somewhat likely to win the White House if nominated. Sixty-eight percent (68%) have that confidence in Romney and 60% say the same of Rudy Giuliani. Just 42% believe Huckabee would be even somewhat likely to win; 25% hold that view of Thompson, and 18% believe Paul would have a chance.

Among New Hampshire’s Likely Republican Primary Voters, National Security Issues are deemed Very Important by 78%. Immigration is seen as Very Important by 65%, government ethics and corruption by 64%, Iraq by 64%. Sixty-one percent (59%) say the economy is Very Important in determining how they will vote...

Huckabee is viewed favorably by 47% and unfavorably by 50%. Thompson’s numbers are 45% favorable and 49% unfavorable. His numbers are now similar to Ron Paul’s—42% have a favorable opinion of the Texas Congressman while 53% voice an unfavorable opinion.

PatriotOne
01-05-2008, 10:31 AM
in 2004 McCain was actually talking about ending the war. He has changed completely now.

Even better! :D

drfarrington
01-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Booyaka!!

max
01-05-2008, 10:34 AM
I hate to break it to you guys....but 3rd place in libertarian leaning New Hampshire SUCKS.

I was under the impression that the nomination goes to the FIRST place winner in total delegates.

Unless RP unleashes some serious attack ads (which he wont), we'll just continue racking up 3rd and 4th places as Huckster sweeps the bible belt and Romney/Rudy/McCain get all the other first place spots. RP will win Texas.

HQ sucks! These lying scumbags are all passing themselves off as conservatives and HQ is letting them get away with it.

Not a single anti-war ad! 30% of the party is anti-war and thats all we need to win...we're not even playing the war card. I'd be slamming Mccain with TV ads about his "100 years war" statement.

coboman
01-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Wow, that was a breath of fresh air!

Finally, objective good news.

We can do this. We have to win!

familydog
01-05-2008, 10:38 AM

Lol...not to get anyones hopes up....

roversaurus
01-05-2008, 10:41 AM
I hate to break it to you guys....but 3rd place in libertarian leaning New Hampshire SUCKS.

I was under the impression that the nomination goes to the FIRST place winner in total delegates.

about his "100 years war" statement.

NO,

3rd place for Ron Paul is a WIN. We need to be perceived as a legitimate
candidate. I have half a dozen friends who like Ron Paul.
Folks who agree with him but they are not strong supporters because they
don't think he can win.

3rd place brings in a whole bunch more media and a whole bunch more
candidates. It puts South Carolina in play. We could be 2nd or a stronger 3rd
in South Carolina. And THAT puts every state in play from then on.

From then on we get serious media. We get serious attacks.
People start to consider WHO can beat Hillary or Obama when they vote.

3rd place for Dr Paul is HUUUUUUUGE!

Heather in WI
01-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Woo-hoo!

max
01-05-2008, 10:42 AM
unless "Pastor Huckabee" is exposed....we will be creamed in the Bible Belt

constitutional
01-05-2008, 10:44 AM
People living in NH, lets go folks! WE CAN DO IT!

itshappening
01-05-2008, 10:45 AM
wow thanks for those crosstabs Bradley, we definitely "own" their top 3/4 issues so the unfavourables are disappointing !

simple answer: it's the communication again :(

skinzterpswizfan
01-05-2008, 10:46 AM
NO,

3rd place for Ron Paul is a WIN. We need to be perceived as a legitimate
candidate. I have half a dozen friends who like Ron Paul.
Folks who agree with him but they are not strong supporters because they
don't think he can win.

3rd place brings in a whole bunch more media and a whole bunch more
candidates. It puts South Carolina in play. We could be 2nd or a stronger 3rd
in South Carolina. And THAT puts every state in play from then on.

From then on we get serious media. We get serious attacks.
People start to consider WHO can beat Hillary or Obama when they vote.

3rd place for Dr Paul is HUUUUUUUGE!

QFT

Right now, what we need to be showing in these early primaries is that Paul is both trending upward (5th in Iowa to 3rd or better in NH would definitely show that) and that he is a legitimate candidate. Winning the early primaries would be great, but it isn't ABSOLUTELy necessary.

wisconsinite
01-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Hells yes!

fireworks_god
01-05-2008, 10:49 AM
QFT

Right now, what we need to be showing in these early primaries is that Paul is both trending upward (5th in Iowa to 3rd or better in NH would definitely show that) and that he is a legitimate candidate. Winning the early primaries would be great, but it isn't ABSOLUTELy necessary.

Exactly, and our smash hit will be South Carolina! 1st in South Carolina!

Let's do this! We ALL need to get involved in the Win In South Carolina forum. We need to coordinate and organize our efforts, and get everyone acting in a way that will GET OUT THE VOTE. :)

colecrowe
01-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Whoot!

Today's Rasmussen poll puts Ron Paul at third place for 14%:

McCain 31%
Romney 26%
Ron Paul 14%
Huckabee 11%
Giuliani 8%
Thompson 5%

They said "The survey was conducted Friday night, the night following the Iowa caucuses. As noted yesterday on Rasmussen Reports, McCain was one of the big winners on Thursday in Iowa"

Big winners? Fourth? a whole 3,500 votes more than Ron Paul?

WTF?

lvp1138
01-05-2008, 10:55 AM
unless "Pastor Huckabee" is exposed....we will be creamed in the Bible Belt

He will be slowly exposed.

Yesterday someone told me Huckabee was their option, also because of the religious views.

That is of course until I showed her articles and information about his tendency to release criminals, how he believes women should bow to their husbands, about him thinking AIDS patients need to be isolated, and a whole bunch of other things.

One less vote for Huckabee!

Yom
01-05-2008, 10:59 AM
He's catchin' on, I'm tellin' ya! :D

TwinTurboMike
01-05-2008, 11:05 AM

I created a poll on YouPolls quite sometime ago. I was trying to determine what percentage of Paul supporters were Republican, Indep, Dem, etc...

http://www.youpolls.com/details.asp?pid=985

If my poll results are any indicator, then it would be consistent with the results Buchanan saw. My poll shows that of 701 people surveyed, only 47% consider themselves Republican.

I think there is potential here to see a favorable surprise. Let's not just sit back and wait though. Get the word out. If you know some people in NH, by all means call them up. If not, try and get involved in some call-center action or something.

Go Ron Paul!:D

EDIT: By the way, what did the polls say about Ron in Iowa? Did we see a consistent factor of 2x the poll result?

goldstandard
01-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Let's fight McCain NOW, HQ.

yoshimaroka
01-05-2008, 11:11 AM
What about the debates the night before?
Is Ron invited?

ronpaulitician
01-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Go get 'em, freedom!

angelatc
01-05-2008, 11:16 AM

I don't say things like this very often, but ...

Prick. :D

Mark
01-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Let's fight McCain NOW, HQ.

Trying to - Vids to get him all on one page:

1. McCains 100 year comment

2. The Soldiers perspective on Iraq

3. The Powerful Forgotten Wounded Soldiers Video

4. Ron's Video about the Troops supporting him

I uploaded all of the videos to Google Video - Then embedded them on 1 page - and also included a link to the Original YouTube Videos

---> http://ronpaul.cc/video/War/Soldiers.htm

Digg it!

http://www.digg.com/politics/Four_Vi...t_The_Iraq_War (http://www.digg.com/politics/Four_Videos_That_Show_Some_Truth_About_The_Iraq_Wa r)

~~~~~~~~~~~`

Has Fox been sent this poll?

slamhead
01-05-2008, 01:02 PM
I created a poll on YouPolls quite sometime ago. I was trying to determine what percentage of Paul supporters were Republican, Indep, Dem, etc...

http://www.youpolls.com/details.asp?pid=985

If my poll results are any indicator, then it would be consistent with the results Buchanan saw. My poll shows that of 701 people surveyed, only 47% consider themselves Republican.

I think there is potential here to see a favorable surprise. Let's not just sit back and wait though. Get the word out. If you know some people in NH, by all means call them up. If not, try and get involved in some call-center action or something.

Go Ron Paul!:D

EDIT: By the way, what did the polls say about Ron in Iowa? Did we see a consistent factor of 2x the poll result?

Already been done here.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=66074

jd603
01-05-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm guessing this is amongst registered republicans? If so, Ron will take 1st or Second, NH is 50% indis.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/018263.html

a solid 3rd.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Right on. Watch out for the snake oil salesman Huck, though.

samtechlan
01-05-2008, 01:28 PM
I agree that the McCain 100 year comment has to be spread far and wide. In essence the man is saying that he would make Iraq the 51st state.

Karsten
01-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Post Iowa bump? You know, we all thought Iowa was horrible, but the MSM and many non-supporters thought it was impressive.

Energy
01-05-2008, 02:09 PM

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/new_hampshire/election_2008_new_hampshire_republican_primary
The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in New Hampshire shows John McCain leading Mitt Romney by five percentage points.

McCain, Romney, and Giuliani are the only Republican candidates viewed favorably by even a plurality of GOP voters. McCain is viewed favorably by 71% and unfavorably by 27%. Romney and Giuliani are each seen favorably by 64%. Romney earns unfavorable assessments from 33%, Giuliani from 35%. Ratings for all three men are down slightly since our previous survey.

Huckabee is viewed favorably by 47% and unfavorably by 50%. Thompson’s numbers are 45% favorable and 49% unfavorable. His numbers are now similar to Ron Paul’s—42% have a favorable opinion of the Texas Congressman while 53% voice an unfavorable opinion.

Anyone think the media's heavy reliance on polls fishy?

These land-line telephone polls are done on registered Republicans who voted in the last election. And they don't even openly disclose what the questions are.

Then they go on to write articles based on these so-called polls with things like "Ron Paul’s—42% have a favorable opinion of the Texas Congressman while 53% voice an unfavorable opinion." Undecided voters can be swayed by numbers like these. Numbers can be fudged or can be explained later as typos for all we know. That Rasmussen article (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/new_hampshire/election_2008_new_hampshire_republican_primary) is so loaded with percentages, it's almost Onion-like. What a dream to do away with pre-election polls.

<tinfoil>True, in Iowa some of the polls roughly matched the outcome. But what if some of the numbers were ever-so-slightly massaged with their computers to reflect poll numbers (considering red flags like the unusual delays in precincts reporting), thereby reinforcing the poll's influence?</tinfoil>

"The 'scientific' polls are the final illusion standing between the American people and the new reality." -Zydeco at RPFs.com

Liberty Star
01-05-2008, 02:16 PM
14% is good, RP can build on this in NH .

Ron Paul at 14% in the latest Rasmussen Poll

January 4, 2008

New Hampshire GOP Primary

John McCain ........ 31%

Mitt Romney ..........26%

Ron Paul ............... 14%

Mike Huckabee ......11%

Rudy Giuliani ..........8%

Fred Thompson ...... 5%

http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/new_hampshire/election_2008_new_hampshire_republican_primary

Break away 7% of McCain support and 4% of Romney and RP can stage a major upset and be among top 2. It is possible but will take a lot of insurgent effort and smart strategy to target NH audience.

Target McCain's 100 year Iraq war and that Romney really has no message that a dozen other candidates don't.

Gimme Some Truth
01-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Expect 4/5th . Hope for a good solid 3rd

RON PAUL 4409
01-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Again why do you look at a poll....they also claim Mccain is in 1st...bullshit

This is the same Mccain that said we would be in Iraq for 100 years.

This is the same Mccain that attched his name to Amnesty.

This is the same Mccain that is friends with the Bush Crime Family.

Do you believe for a second that 31% of the New Hampshire voters would vote for Mccain when 75% of the public wants out of Iraq?

When I was in New Hampshire for live free or die I seen 2 Mccain signs the whole time I was there and I was looking hard for them.

NO ONE LIKE HIM BESIDES INVESTERS IN HALLIBURTON.

FU%K THE POLLS.......FU%K YOU FRANK

Ron Paul is #1 in libertarian Republican New Hampshire and anything less than #1 will be voter fraud period.

Do not beleive a poll that has Ron Paul surging? Thats just to get your spirits up and wont question when they steal it for Mccain. POLLS are stupid ...stop beleiveing them whether they favor paul or not because in the end they will control the poll in their favor

THEY DO NOT LIKE MCCAIN IN NEW HAMPSHIRE I WAS THERE......they do love Ron Paul though!

freelance
01-05-2008, 02:32 PM

McCain is no longer anywhere close to being a maverick. That's a big whopper of a change. He represents "more of the same" for the rest of the century.

Energy
01-05-2008, 02:36 PM

Do you believe for a second that 31% of the New Hampshire voters would vote for Mccain when 75% of the public wants out of Iraq?

When I was in New Hampshire for live free or die I seen 2 Mccain signs the whole time I was there and I was looking hard for them.

Ron Paul is #1 in libertarian Republican New Hampshire and anything less than #1 will be voter fraud period.

Do not beleive a poll that has Ron Paul surging? Thats just to get your spirits up and wont question when they steal it for Mccain. POLLS are stupid ...stop beleiveing them whether they favor paul or not because in the end they will control the poll in their favor

THEY DO NOT LIKE MCCAIN IN NEW HAMPSHIRE I WAS THERE......they do love Ron Paul though!

These damn pre-election polls are a scam. They're toying with our emotions and expectations and we're swept up in this horse race frenzy.

These land-line telephone polls are done on registered Republicans who voted in the last election. And they don't even openly disclose what the questions are.

Then they go on to write articles based on these so-called polls with things like "Ron Paul’s—42% have a favorable opinion of the Texas Congressman while 53% voice an unfavorable opinion." Undecided voters can be swayed by numbers like these. Numbers can be fudged or can be explained later as typos for all we know. That Rasmussen article (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/new_hampshire/election_2008_new_hampshire_republican_primary) is so loaded with percentages, it's almost Onion-like. What a dream to do away with pre-election polls.

<tinfoil>True, in Iowa some of the polls roughly matched the outcome. But what if some of the numbers were ever-so-slightly massaged with their computers to reflect poll numbers (considering red flags like the unusual delays in precincts reporting), thereby reinforcing the poll's influence?</tinfoil>

"The 'scientific' polls are the final illusion standing between the American people and the new reality." -Zydeco at RPFs.com

jd603
01-05-2008, 02:37 PM
no, 14% is absolutely huge, this does NOT include INDEPENDENTS which make up 50% of voters in NH!!!

14% is good, RP can build on this in NH .

Ron Paul at 14% in the latest Rasmussen Poll

http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/new_hampshire/election_2008_new_hampshire_republican_primary

Break away 7% of McCain support and 4% of Romney and RP can stage a major upset and be among top 2. It is possible but will take a lot of insurgent effort and smart strategy to target NH audience.

Target McCain's 100 year Iraq war and that Romney really has no message that a dozen other candidates don't.

RON PAUL 4409
01-05-2008, 02:40 PM
lol...............14% is to get your spirits up JD603.....and it worked...lol

RevolutionSD
01-05-2008, 02:41 PM

PB was at 11% in NH and 6% nationally, at least that's what I read.

Proemio
01-05-2008, 02:42 PM

"we" certainly don't.

"we" predicted months ago that in the last few days the polls will magically adjust towards the eventual, published results - it's in the science...

RevolutionSD
01-05-2008, 02:43 PM

+1 Paul has a great shot at it!

RON PAUL 4409
01-05-2008, 02:43 PM
The real issue is how can Mccain in a state like New Hapshire be at 31%......forget Ron Pauls numbers for a minute ask yourself

How can a Live free or die state have Mccain and his 100 year Iraq plan be at 31%

The answer is it cannot when 75% of the public wants out of Iraq.

So the real question is not how Ron Paul got to 14% is't how come the numbers for McCain could be so high in a state like New Hampshire?

RON PAUL 4409
01-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Ron Paul Is Polling In 1st In New Hampshire

RevolutionSD
01-05-2008, 03:06 PM
According to this link Buchanan was at 12% in NH in 1996 before he took 2nd in Iowa, then his poll numbers jumped to 21% right before the NH election where he beat Dole.
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1996/polls/cnn.time/022396.shtml

We're in business!

JAM824A
01-05-2008, 04:29 PM
The part I like best is that Paul's supporters are generally 20% more sure that they will vote for him...

DXDoug
01-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Nice lets keep going in the polls ~ Higher and Higher~!

Lord Xar
01-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Ron Paul Is Polling In 1st In New Hampshire

how do you figure?

RonPaulwillWin
01-05-2008, 04:43 PM

Can you sum up some of the main talking points? War? Patriot act? etc...

Proemio
01-05-2008, 04:45 PM
The real issue is how can Mccain in a state like New Hapshire be at 31%......forget Ron Pauls numbers for a minute ask yourself

How can a Live free or die state have Mccain and his 100 year Iraq plan be at 31%

The answer is it cannot when 75% of the public wants out of Iraq.

So the real question is not how Ron Paul got to 14% is't how come the numbers for McCain could be so high in a state like New Hampshire?

Puzzling is it not?

On the bright side; 2 months ago, about 90% were "living by the polls" and the rest were hammered for their insolence. It's down to about 30% now (according to my own scientific poll). By Super Tuesday it will only be the SPAAC (Scientific Pollsters Association of America for Change) representatives...

I expect the published results to reflect pretty well the last poll pre-vote numbers - they always do. At some point, we learn to ignore that preception creation device, put our heads down and just go for it, overwhelming the whole rigged system - then we win...

grfgerger
01-05-2008, 04:54 PM
HQ really really needs to get the message across that mccain is a warmongering sellout, stress the 100 years quote in EVERY INTERVIEW. Also, we ron paul has to point out barack obama's support of the patriot act and denail that we'll be out of iraq before 2013.

This is absolutely crucial. We could win NH if we can stop the youth vote from going to obama, I bet the vast majority of them aren't aware of his voting record and they'd be appalled about the patriot act.

RevolutionSD
01-05-2008, 04:55 PM
CNN just mentioned NH poll numbers, top 3 Rudy at 3rd with 11% no RP listed. What a f*cking joke! :mad:

thoughtbombing
01-05-2008, 04:56 PM

Gee, you think Fox News knows about this?

I believe them to be false... that's what I believe. I saw the fraud. I saw that the polls were exactly right.... when have they ever been right...

Florida... Ohio... Pat Buchanan getting fucked in Iowa before... BAH!

jd603
01-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Seconded.

I believe them to be false... that's what I believe. I saw the fraud. I saw that the polls were exactly right.... when have they ever been right...

Florida... Ohio... Pat Buchanan getting fucked in Iowa before... BAH!