PDA

View Full Version : Are we going to let the Jeremiah Black TV Ad project just die?

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Because that is what is going to happen, if they don't raise a substantial amount of money in the next couple of days. In addition to the ads they have now, they have some wonderful endorsement ads lined up to make. All they need is the money to make them.

We constantly gripe that the campaign is not doing x or y. This is our chance to control our own destiny in this campaign.

http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/

Abyss
01-05-2008, 10:09 AM
They are top notch ads, but aren't ads what the main campaign does?

Maybe you could 'sell' them to the campaign, so they can run them or something?

TwiLeXia
01-05-2008, 10:13 AM
I say there should just be one chip-in button... 4 of them is very intimidating.

literatim
01-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Why does he need to produce another one? He needs to just run the ones he has.

Lost Myth
01-05-2008, 10:15 AM
I say there should just be one chip-in button... 4 of them is very intimidating.

This. I'm all for transparency, but they really need to have just one button and allocate money themselves. The way it's set up right now it makes you feel like there's a huge chance your money won't even get put to use.

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 10:16 AM

1. Adding diversity to ads 1 and 2.

2. There are a couple of very powerful ENDORSEMENT ads, they have storyboarded and want to make. The endorsers are waiting to do this. They just need the expense money to make them.

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 10:18 AM
This. I'm all for transparency, but they really need to have just one button and allocate money themselves. The way it's set up right now it makes you feel like there's a huge chance your money won't even get put to use.

If the bare bones is not raised, the money will have to be refunded.

However, having separate chip-ins give an opportunity to direct the money where you want it to go.

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 10:19 AM

They tried that some time back. The campaign said NO.

coboman
01-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Man:(

I am so personally sorry with Jeremiah. I sent him a PM encouraging him to make an infomercial and promising hundreds of thousands of dollars from the grassroots.

I believed that if we were capable of giving the blimp $400,000, and 6 million to the Official Campaign in a day, his ads could get hundreds of thousands.

Reality is now sinking in. The donations have dried out. All of them.

The Payday moneybomb this Friday was supposed to bring $500,000. They reached less than $10,000.

The Benjamin's moneybomb is shooting for 23,000 pledges. As of today, they have 221 (two hundred and twenty one) pledges.

The average daily donation is down to $45,000. In Q4 a daily donation of $75 was a bad day, and the average for the quarter was $210,000 (two hundred and ten thousand dollars every day).

People are done donating.

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Coboman,

Please take your negativity elsewhere. This is not the thread for it.

If you want to help, then tell your Meetup group about this fundraising effort for this TV ad project.

literatim
01-05-2008, 10:21 AM
1. Adding diversity to ads 1 and 2.

2. There are a couple of very powerful ENDORSEMENT ads, they have storyboarded and want to make. The endorsers are waiting to do this. They just need the expense money to make them.

#1 is a waste of money considering the base Ron Paul is targeting is over 90% white.

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 10:23 AM
#1 is a waste of money considering the base Ron Paul is targeting is over 90% white.

What makes you think that? I have not seen anything from the campaign that says that. By the way, I didn't know freedom was a "white" issue.

Abyss
01-05-2008, 10:25 AM
people have run out of money for Christmas and stuff. donations will prob be back up again soon

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 10:27 AM
people have run out of money for Christmas and stuff. donations will prob be back up again soon

Yeah, I know. Problem is that for these TV ads, we're getting ready to lose our window. If we want to run them in any of the Super Tuesday states, the air time has to be secured ASAP. Also, the production of the endorsement ads needs to start immediately too, for them to be able to help us in the primaries.

We're running out of time, folks. We either make a big impression on the voting public NOW, or it's all over.

Please help if you can.

Abyss
01-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Well how much do we need?

thuja
01-05-2008, 10:36 AM
here is our chance for really great ads!!!

lloydian
01-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Dear xxxxxxxx,

This email confirms that you have paid Citizens for Smaller Government (rjlund@gmail.com) $125.00 USD using PayPal.

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *CITIZENSFOR".

Payment Details

Item Price: $125.00 USD
Total: $125.00 USD
Order Description: Contribution to South Carolina TV Time by Citizens for Smaller Government (rjlund@gmail.com)
Buyer: xxxxxxxxxxxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.
Business Information

Business: Citizens for Smaller Government
Contact E-Mail: rjlund@gmail.com

liberty_Forever
01-05-2008, 10:43 AM
I contacted campaign via email and have not received a response.

anewvoice
01-05-2008, 10:49 AM
I just contacted the meetup coordinators with the following e-mail (e-mailed my groups too)

If you feel this is worthwhile, please send this along to your meetup! I am contacting all Michigan Meetup coordinators.

There have been no television advertisements in Michigan to date, and it seems likely that there will not be any forthcoming prior to the 1/15 primaries. We, the grassroots, can change that ourselves. If you have not seen the Jeremiah Black ads, please visit the link below to review them. I suspect Ad #3 would be the best candidate in Michigan, but that is just my opinion.

We can win Michigan, we have a perfect storm here. We can reinforce the boots on the ground with a strong television push right before the primaries.

Thank you for your consideration.

Disclosure - No I am not related to the operationbroadcastfreedom project or the official Ron Paul campaign.

Let's get some exposure up here in MI!!!!

WilliamC
01-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Coboman,

Please take your negativity elsewhere. This is not the thread for it.

If you want to help, then tell your Meetup group about this fundraising effort for this TV ad project.

coboman is just stating reality. Ron Paul needs more new supporters in order to keep raising money. As great as the grassroots ideas are they do compete with the national campaign for money. Many of us have donated as much as we can without starting to seriously feel the hurt. Psychology is VERY important and the 5th place finish in Iowa did not give a needed boost to moral.

I've got to save what discretionary funds I have to buy campaign material for my precinct, and I will probably have to dip into savings to do this. This will cause me HUGE problems with my wife, who is already very angry with the time and money I've already put into this. I'm sure there are many others with similar situations.

We need to place at least 2nd in New Hampshire, if not outright win, or donations won't keep up the pace they have in the last quarter.

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 10:57 AM
I know people are disappointed, William. And I also am in the same boat you are in. I have spent a lot of money on this campaign that I really couldn't afford to spend. But somehow, we gotta try to pick ourselves up and keep trying. I seriously believe Ron Paul is likely our country's last chance. What choice do we have but to get back up and keep charging?

That's what I'm trying to do. These ads are good and the endorsement ads they have lined up to make will be very powerful. I understand if people just don't have the money, but I'm hoping that there will be some who do.

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 10:58 AM
I just contacted the meetup coordinators with the following e-mail (e-mailed my groups too)

If you feel this is worthwhile, please send this along to your meetup! I am contacting all Michigan Meetup coordinators.

There have been no television advertisements in Michigan to date, and it seems likely that there will not be any forthcoming prior to the 1/15 primaries. We, the grassroots, can change that ourselves. If you have not seen the Jeremiah Black ads, please visit the link below to review them. I suspect Ad #3 would be the best candidate in Michigan, but that is just my opinion.

We can win Michigan, we have a perfect storm here. We can reinforce the boots on the ground with a strong television push right before the primaries.

Thank you for your consideration.

Disclosure - No I am not related to the operationbroadcastfreedom project or the official Ron Paul campaign.

Let's get some exposure up here in MI!!!!

GREAT!! Thanks! :D

Abyss
01-05-2008, 11:02 AM
it would probebly be best for us to tell people to stop donating to the campaign and start giving to the grassroots.

Or at least do a 75 25 or a 50 50 type deal.

scandinaviany3
01-05-2008, 11:11 AM

nope...tried that path already...like many others..maybe if a mass of people changed there minds...but still dont know

scandinaviany3
01-05-2008, 11:13 AM

sorry but others wanted it all up.

Problem is the time.

market competition must drive which ones get funded.

I

liberty_Forever
01-05-2008, 11:14 AM
I have contacted campaign, and am waiting for a certain person to become unbusy and return my call. I will let know what happens.

scandinaviany3
01-05-2008, 11:16 AM

The first ones didnt have the money to make the quality higher.

The 4th one was the first out of studio.

The next ones were supposed to have endorsement names that have some visibility on a subject matter that the campaign is very weak on getting and badly needs to counter their opponents.

These next ads are make or break. But time is ticking and if we can not get at least half of the money by mon/tues projects will have to be cut.

This would be horrific and be a huge kick in the pants later to everyone if we did nothing to get these projects going.

They have been in the works since the beginning but money is always in the way.

We could have done these first if we had only the donors. But we instead let the product get out and people get to know the work.

lloydian
01-05-2008, 11:19 AM
c'mon dammit. Money should be pouring into these things!!

scandinaviany3
01-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Well how much do we need?

Just a repeat on previous post

13.5k production

25k MI- 2 zone coverage

60-65k SC 90% full coverage- 2 zones

80k full coverage-2 zones

We keep complaining about making a difference and this will.

Market surveys of areas have been reviewed, weaknesses of paul, strengths of paul vs perceived strengths of competitors, etc.

We really need by sunday to be about 7500-10k for us to do anything and start phone calls on monday for studios, air plane trips, etc for the shoots.

scandinaviany3
01-05-2008, 11:24 AM

Problem is there is a significant block of black and hispanic voters in sc, nv and also mi.

We need to grow runs numbers not stay within them.

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Everyone, PLEASE ask your own Meetup groups. We've got to raise this money FAST.

Also if you would contact Michael Nystrom, the owner of The Daily Paul and ask him to put the article about the Jeremiah Black Ads back up on the front page, I certainly would appreciate it. You can send Michael an email with the "contact" button at the top of his website. www.thedailypaul.com

Exarel
01-05-2008, 11:26 AM

Yea, the put to use thing is a good point. +1

lloydian
01-05-2008, 11:38 AM
bump

deedles
01-05-2008, 11:39 AM

I agree with this totally. I did give a chipin last night but one chip in button is psychologically plenty. Please get them to fix that. If they can come up with such a beautiful set of ads, they can certainly figure out which order and what states to run them in.

We don't need that many choices. I'd like to see more people donate, though.

And FYI, if they put a chipin link on www.ronpaulwarroom.com they might get some $$ from the Alex Jones/GCNlive.com listeners. The RonPaulAirCorps.com raised about 20,000 in the space of one Alex Jones radio show last week.

Just a thought.

lloydian
01-05-2008, 11:41 AM
I agree that more $ would likely come in without so many choices.

I appreciate the transparency but I believe it is likley hurting the cause.

deedles
01-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Everyone, PLEASE ask your own Meetup groups. We've got to raise this money FAST.

Also if you would contact Michael Nystrom, the owner of The Daily Paul and ask him to put the article about the Jeremiah Black Ads back up on the front page, I certainly would appreciate it. You can send Michael an email with the "contact" button at the top of his website. www.thedailypaul.com

sent to meetup

anewvoice
01-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Problem is there is a significant block of black and hispanic voters in sc, nv and also mi.

We need to grow runs numbers not stay within them.

Question, to get ads running in Michigan, what is the bottom rung miminum? You say 2 zones (what does a zone cover)? Can we run ads in MI without new production?

We have an issue in upper MI too, too few folks, way to much land to cover in between people. Television or phones are our only way to reach them!

liberty_Forever
01-05-2008, 11:43 AM
I am working on getting campaign to do something. I will keep updated.

slamhead
01-05-2008, 11:45 AM
I donated $50.00 to this but I have to say you really shot yourself in the foot with the production cost thing and the political correctness. These were great ads that should have been run. I don't know what you are going to do with the money but if it can be refunded I would appreciate it. Simple truth is from the grassroots effort we should be concentrating our funds now to local endeavors.

This sticky has gotten a lot of attention. Please email this directly to your meetup's organizer.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=75102

peacemonger
01-05-2008, 11:47 AM
We need a grass roots campaign bomb: A well designed grass roots effort pledge site filled with chipins. We need 100,000 pledges of 100 dollars each for grass roots ads.

Otherwise, yes, the J.Black ads will die, the blimp will fall, and the grassroots fun will be emasculated.

AdamT
01-05-2008, 11:52 AM
We learned this lesson on the Operation New Hampshire site. Have all these ChipIns spreads everything too thin, as does having too many choices for ads.

BTW OPNH/ALCPAC just purchased $11,250 worth of airtime in Nevada to run our Bo Thompson (http://www.alcpac.com/bo.html) and Something Big (http://www.alcpac.com/something_big_broadcast.html) commercials.

We got 415 plays on the state-wide cable interconnect, starting Jan 10th and leading up to their primary on Jan 19th. 161,700 cable households.

lloydian
01-05-2008, 12:13 PM
contribute folks

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 12:41 PM
bump

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 12:45 PM
We learned this lesson on the Operation New Hampshire site. Have all these ChipIns spreads everything too thin, as does having too many choices for ads.

BTW OPNH/ALCPAC just purchased $11,250 worth of airtime in Nevada to run our Bo Thompson (http://www.alcpac.com/bo.html) and Something Big (http://www.alcpac.com/something_big_broadcast.html) commercials.

We got 415 plays on the state-wide cable interconnect, starting Jan 10th and leading up to their primary on Jan 19th. 161,700 cable households.

Cool. :D

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 12:47 PM
I donated $50.00 to this but I have to say you really shot yourself in the foot with the production cost thing and the political correctness. These were great ads that should have been run. I don't know what you are going to do with the money but if it can be refunded I would appreciate it. Simple truth is from the grassroots effort we should be concentrating our funds now to local endeavors.

This sticky has gotten a lot of attention. Please email this directly to your meetup's organizer.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=75102

The production cost is primarily to create the new Endorsement Ads.

We have not given up yet. We still have a couple of days to raise the funds.

free.alive
01-05-2008, 12:51 PM
sure - they suck

boring

limited appeal

overhyped

not very inventive

If he makes better ads I'm sure the market forces here will fund them without having to be badgered.

scandinaviany3
01-05-2008, 03:18 PM

There has been problems with other groups that frustrated people in the past that want thus a long term, clear transparency, given these events. groups had moved monies from one state to another. Some states didnt get covered, etc...

The money will be put to use no matter what. People will get enough to post the ads in each state. It is only a matter of % of coverage.

scandinaviany3
01-05-2008, 03:21 PM
coboman is just stating reality. Ron Paul needs more new supporters in order to keep raising money. As great as the grassroots ideas are they do compete with the national campaign for money. Many of us have donated as much as we can without starting to seriously feel the hurt. Psychology is VERY important and the 5th place finish in Iowa did not give a needed boost to moral.

I've got to save what discretionary funds I have to buy campaign material for my precinct, and I will probably have to dip into savings to do this. This will cause me HUGE problems with my wife, who is already very angry with the time and money I've already put into this. I'm sure there are many others with similar situations.

We need to place at least 2nd in New Hampshire, if not outright win, or donations won't keep up the pace they have in the last quarter.

William...thankyou dont worry. We appreciate your support

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 03:22 PM
bump

scandinaviany3
01-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Question, to get ads running in Michigan, what is the bottom rung miminum? You say 2 zones (what does a zone cover)? Can we run ads in MI without new production?

We have an issue in upper MI too, too few folks, way to much land to cover in between people. Television or phones are our only way to reach them!

Zone interconnects cover areas like dearborn or grand rapids, etc....

There is about 5 zones in MI. Its one of the most expensive states so far given it has so many zones to cover.

There is no new production planned for MI given the schedule. We offered to help eliberty get there ad in but never were taken up on the offer.

We would hope donors focus on getting at least 5k in so that we can buy for one zone and one channel for the remaining time.

We will do a quote and show the buy as soon as we can get 5k or more to make a buy.

Thanks for the questions.

anewvoice
01-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Yeah, we're a big state. :) Can you speak to whether a specific zone is less expensive than others (like upper Michigan vs Oakland county)...