PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell are the Michigan ads????

The Plan
01-05-2008, 08:13 AM
I seriously havn't even seen one or heard one on the radio.
Right now around Detroit there are only 2 signs i see. I see a little bit of Mitt Romney signs and allot of Paul ones, so i know the grassroots is at least working somewhat. If i don't see some ads over here soon i am going to lose my cool with the campaign itself. Ron Paul could shock the world in this state if he just comes out here and makes some appearances and puts on some commercials.

Seriously, if he can't win Michigan or come close to it then something is definitly wrong here.

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 08:15 AM
Supposedly, they just made a huge ad buy for a number of states. Hopefully, Michigan is one of those.

rancher89
01-05-2008, 08:19 AM
How are things in MI?? In SC we see signs, but no ads yet--14 days and counting, 10 til MI???????? I know Iowa and NH are important, but these are key states also, are the local meetups in good shape?? Will there be students campaigning there as in Iowa and NH???? What's going on???

boethius27
01-05-2008, 08:20 AM
I don't think MI is in that ad buy, but it dang well needs to be.

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 08:26 AM
Yes, it sure does need to be.

One option is to run our own. But to do that, money has to be raised.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=75125

itshappening
01-05-2008, 08:28 AM
i think the high level internal saboteurs in the campaign want Romney to win MI

anewvoice
01-05-2008, 08:29 AM
We had 3 weeks of the anti-NAFTA ad (great targeting) in SE MI but not TV ads.

BUT, I can tell you that I am no longer able to driver around without seeing more ROn Paul signs. And I';m not talking freewat signs either. Yard signs, doubled gas station signs (2 stations thus far). We're clearly growing but we NEED some television exposure!!!!!

tsetsefly
01-05-2008, 08:29 AM
buy ads for michigan by donating to: http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/

anewvoice
01-05-2008, 08:30 AM
That new military ad would sell phenomenally well up here. Though some straight smaller government, civil liberties would be a solid sell for the michigan militia I should think.

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 08:50 AM
That new military ad would sell phenomenally well up here. Though some straight smaller government, civil liberties would be a solid sell for the michigan militia I should think.

How do you think Ad 3 would go over Michigan?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYizchC0_Pw&eurl=http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/
http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/

anewvoice
01-05-2008, 09:02 AM
That is a sweet ad, I suspect with the heavy Reagan presence would sell very well on the Western side of the state. I can tell you we have support over there.

I have co-workers on that side of the state and his message sells well (also much more conservative on the west side of the state than in SE MI)

When's the deadline for being able to get ads run before 1/15?

anewvoice
01-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Also, Ad 1 seems a good shot for Ann Arbor and Lansing, the core college towns.

Do you have any guns rights ads? Michigan, if I recall, is the highest per capita hunting state (yes I know that's not what the 2nd amendment is for), so gun ownership is damned high up here.

Rob
01-06-2008, 07:39 AM
How are things in MI?? In SC we see signs, but no ads yet--14 days and counting, 10 til MI???????? I know Iowa and NH are important, but these are key states also, are the local meetups in good shape?? Will there be students campaigning there as in Iowa and NH???? What's going on???

We've got 30% of Ann Arbor covered, but we're almost out of slimjims!!! I can't believe we're facing this kind of a supply problem! Any who can get me more independent ones please contact me!

nike
01-06-2008, 08:34 AM
I went home to Michigan for the holidays and I remember seeing Ron Paul signs around the state :) but the only TV ad I saw was for Mitt Romney. his dad George Romney was governor of Michigan and he's using that as well as the terrible economic situation in the state to sell himself. The ad played constantly too.

preserveourliberties
01-06-2008, 10:07 AM
We're getting the anti-NAFTA / NAU ads here in West MI. Personally, I think they come across as extreme to the average folks, but definitely attention getting.

LudwigVan Kubrick
01-06-2008, 11:05 AM
plant the seeds. Early and often.

marathon1218
01-06-2008, 11:21 AM
i think the high level internal saboteurs in the campaign want Romney to win MI

No shit what the hell is going on in Michigan it seems like they are throwing the vote!!!! not cool at all. Detroit needs to get it together...

dawnbt
01-06-2008, 12:06 PM
I seriously havn't even seen one or heard one on the radio.
Right now around Detroit there are only 2 signs i see. I see a little bit of Mitt Romney signs and allot of Paul ones, so i know the grassroots is at least working somewhat. If i don't see some ads over here soon i am going to lose my cool with the campaign itself. Ron Paul could shock the world in this state if he just comes out here and makes some appearances and puts on some commercials.

Seriously, if he can't win Michigan or come close to it then something is definitly wrong here.

I agree with the Ad! Are they waiting for the day before??
As far as you "know that the grassroots are at least working" if you were involved in the grassroots, you would KNOW that we are working.

RobS
01-06-2008, 12:30 PM
We've got 30% of Ann Arbor covered, but we're almost out of slimjims!!! I can't believe we're facing this kind of a supply problem! Any who can get me more independent ones please contact me!

Yeah, we are like completely out of materials over here. From what Scott said the campaign won't be getting us anymore either.