PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen Markets

AceNZ
01-05-2008, 07:15 AM
For those of you who need a break from canvassing, phoning, walk-n-talks, etc (which is where the battle will really be won) -- have you heard of Rasmussen Markets?

It's run by the same people who run Rasmussen Reports, which is a widely quoted polling service. The Markets site lets you use play money to place bets on how you think various political events will turn out. You can also bet against a particular result. They use the bets to compute odds, which are then announced through the same news channels as their polls. This system accurately predicted the results in Iowa.

So it's a fun, free way to participate in a fancier-than-usual online poll.

http://markets.rasmussenreports.com/

bc2208
01-05-2008, 07:16 AM
I posted a thread about it which got pretty big the day they opened it. We tried to inflate his numbers, but they kept suppressing our effort.

AceNZ
01-05-2008, 07:22 AM
I posted a thread about it which got pretty big the day they opened it. We tried to inflate his numbers, but they kept suppressing our effort.

I would imagine that a 100% pro-Paul portfolio would be easy for them to spot and reject. So be sure to offer opinions on other things, too -- democratic candidates, who is going to drop out when, potential VPs, etc.