PDA

View Full Version : Tonights debates on ABC

Oliver
01-05-2008, 06:47 AM
"World News" anchor Charlie Gibson moderates the Republican contest first from Saint Anselm College in Manchester, New Hampshire, from 7:00-8:30pm ET. The Democrats take the stage second, from approximately 8:45-10:15pm ET.

Damn, this guy Ron Paul is worse than an addiction.... :D

Oliver
01-05-2008, 07:44 AM
*Blimp for the Europeans in here*

MRoCkEd
01-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Damn.. I was hoping republicans would go second because I'm working until 8

Oliver
01-05-2008, 07:48 AM
Damn.. I was hoping republicans would go second because I'm working until 8

You could record it - or ask for a Rick Roll youtube video
after you come home. :D :p

JS4Pat
01-05-2008, 07:53 AM
My Jacksonville Jaguars are in the playoffs against the Steelers tonight at 8:00pm.

I've said that I look forward to watching Ron Paul in the debates as much as watching my favorite sports team.

Which one gets recorded and which one gets watched live? :confused:

JS4Pat
01-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Is this a live audience?

If so, have we stacked it with Ron Paul supporters?

itsnobody
01-05-2008, 08:12 AM
thanks for the time, I was looking for this

ronpaulfollower999
01-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Where is the debate?

Oliver
01-05-2008, 08:19 AM
Is this a live audience?

As far I understood it, both debates are one after
another, both live and a 15 minute pause between
the two debates. Maybe even 2 different locations?
I don't know - We'll see... :)

Johnnybags
01-05-2008, 08:21 AM
savings and inflation. He needs to tell the bluehairs the FEDS are taking back social security checks thru raising prices and saying they are lower taxes.

Oliver
01-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Is "ABC NEWS Now" a different channel than
"ABC NEWS" - and if so, will "NEWS now" air
the debates as well?

JS4Pat
01-05-2008, 08:29 AM
the debates as well?
Not sure - I just set up my DVR to record the debate (b/c I can't miss the Jaguar Playoff Game) and it is scheduled to run on the normal ABC affiliate here in NE FL.

itsnobody
01-05-2008, 08:30 AM
Where is the debate?

It says NH, which is GREAT news for Ron Paul, expect a lot more cheers than usual

newmedia4ron
01-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Damn, this guy Ron Paul is worse than an addiction.... :D

Why should we watch it we're already convinced? Lets work on projects.

familydog
01-05-2008, 08:36 AM
My Jacksonville Jaguars are in the playoffs against the Steelers tonight at 8:00pm.

I've said that I look forward to watching Ron Paul in the debates as much as watching my favorite sports team.

Since my Steelers will win substantially, no need to watch the game :D

ronpaulfollower999
01-05-2008, 08:39 AM
Not sure - I just set up my DVR to record the debate (b/c I can't miss the Jaguar Playoff Game) and it is scheduled to run on the normal ABC affiliate here in NE FL.

Hate to tell you this but the Jags will lose. Although I wouldn't mind if they beat the Stealers.

itsnobody
01-05-2008, 08:42 AM

Forget the Steelers and the Jaguars...it's the Redskins all the way

Leslie Webb
01-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Go Titans!

malkusm
01-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Go Ravens!

Haha don't blast me. :D

itsnobody
01-05-2008, 09:06 AM
The Ravens can't make it, you're in MD you should be supporting the Redskins

malkusm
01-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Because of my dad, I can never support the Redskins. He was a diehard Colts fan and when they left town, he got so upset about it that he didn't watch the NFL until the Ravens brought football back to Baltimore.

So I've always said, if he wouldn't support the Redskins for 13 years when there was no team in Baltimore...then I'll pull for the Ravens or nobody. ;)

Starks
01-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Is Duncan in tonight's debate? I don't care if he is or isn't, mind you.

MRoCkEd
01-05-2008, 09:16 AM
no he aint

itsnobody
01-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Because of my dad, I can never support the Redskins. He was a diehard Colts fan and when they left town, he got so upset about it that he didn't watch the NFL until the Ravens brought football back to Baltimore.

So I've always said, if he wouldn't support the Redskins for 13 years when there was no team in Baltimore...then I'll pull for the Ravens or nobody. ;)

Oh come on, how can you possibly support the Ravens at this time now?

The only good thing about the Ravens was that game against the Patriots, that was great

It makes no sense to support the Ravens right now

Oliver
01-05-2008, 09:29 AM
the debates as well?

Anyone?

ShowMeLiberty
01-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Anyone?

In my area the debates are going to be shown on the regular ABC affiliate station. I don't know for sure, but I expect it will be that way nationwide. I do not think ABC has a seperate "news" channel.

homah
01-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Oh come on, how can you possibly support the Ravens at this time now?

The only good thing about the Ravens was that game against the Patriots, that was great

It makes no sense to support the Ravens right now

WTF? What kind of football fan changes who he roots for based on the team's record?

homah
01-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Anyone?

Never heard of ABC News Now. I would imagine you could stream ABC directly from their website or through something like TVU.

scooter
01-05-2008, 09:49 AM
For those who said the Steelers will win for sure... I think you'll be surprised. The Jags will probably win big. As for anyone else in the NFL. Does it really matter what your team does? None of them can beat the Colts or Patriots.

As for the debate, I will be watching live but I've Tivo'd for replays and potential YouTubes.

Oliver
01-05-2008, 10:03 AM
In my area the debates are going to be shown on the regular ABC affiliate station. I don't know for sure, but I expect it will be that way nationwide. I do not think ABC has a seperate "news" channel.

Never heard of ABC News Now. I would imagine you could stream ABC directly from their website or through something like TVU.

I have to stream the debates being in Europe - and
the only available ABC stream is ABC NEWS NOW. I
have no idea if it differs from the regular ABC channel. :">

homah
01-05-2008, 10:21 AM
I have to stream the debates being in Europe - and
the only available ABC stream is ABC NEWS NOW. I
have no idea if it differs from the regular ABC channel. :">

might want to get tvu set up then, just in case...

www.tvunetworks.com

Oliver
01-05-2008, 10:32 AM
might want to get tvu set up then, just in case...

www.tvunetworks.com (http://www.tvunetworks.com)

TVU also only streams "ABC News Now" - and I use
two additional TV-stream players as well to catch as
much of the US-debates and political News as possible :D :

anyTV (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/www.anytvplayer.com) and JLC's Internet TV (http://www.jlc-software.com/?page=internet_tv.html) (Both have CNN, CSPAN...)

itsnobody
01-05-2008, 10:39 AM
It's airing 7PM EST on your local ABC station

brumans
01-05-2008, 10:43 AM
This is the first national non-cable debate which probably means a lot of new watchers.

homah
01-05-2008, 10:47 AM
TVU also only streams "ABC News Now" - and I use
two additional TV-stream players as well to catch as
much of the US-debates and political News as possible :D :

anyTV (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/www.anytvplayer.com) and JLC's Internet TV (http://www.jlc-software.com/?page=internet_tv.html) (Both have CNN, CSPAN...)

wish i could help...sounds like you know of more internet resources than i do. i'm sure someone will find a stream later, gl. :o

homah
01-05-2008, 10:48 AM
This is the first national non-cable debate which probably means a lot of new watchers.

absolutely! this is a huge debate. to be honest, i don't care if paul is included in the fox debate tomorrow. this is the big one.

MRoCkEd
01-05-2008, 10:51 AM
youtubers get ready

dude58677
01-05-2008, 11:01 AM

I live in Pittsburgh and am a Steelers fan. But we both are united for Ron Paul.:D

sandersondavis
01-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Is this a live audience?

Yes, of course, we will have more people sitting on their asses in front of computer screens than all the other candidates combined.

KramerDSP
01-05-2008, 11:46 AM

Go JAGS! They're my surrogate team after the Eagles. Just a thought, but to win the super bowl, they'll have to beat Pitt at Pitt, Indy at Indy, and then NE at NE, and take on Dallas/GB. A daunting road for sure, but doable. I'd tape the debate, because then you could fast forward through everything but Ron Paul.

Paulbot_9876
01-05-2008, 11:57 AM
they wont ask rp questions till after the game starts.....

jgmaynard
01-05-2008, 12:38 PM

Hate to tell you this but the Jags will lose. Although I wouldn't mind if they beat the Stealers.

Forget the Steelers and the Jaguars...it's the Redskins all the way

I live in Pittsburgh and am a Steelers fan. But we both are united for Ron Paul.:D

Gee! It's SO nice to be a Pats fan and not have to worry about winning or losing *cough* 16-0 *cough* ;) :D

JM

dude58677
01-05-2008, 12:42 PM
WTF? What kind of football fan changes who he roots for based on the team's record?

An Iowa football fan.

Oliver
01-05-2008, 01:55 PM
*bump* as a reminder for the rest of people in here ...

Oliver
01-05-2008, 04:00 PM
*bump* as a reminder for the rest of people in here ...

+1 :)

marcus3x
01-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Paul needs to go on the attack. he's been too passive too long