PDA

View Full Version : The system is broken!

noztnac
01-05-2008, 05:27 AM
Hillary gets 169 delegates to Obama's 66 and Edward's 47?!!!

What the hell is wrong with this country?

And how the hell did Giuliani get a delegate?

http://edition.cnn.com/POLITICS/

asgardshill
01-05-2008, 05:58 AM
Gotta admit this has me flummoxed as well. Where the hell DID she get 169 delegates already?

Pete
01-05-2008, 08:04 AM
If this is correct, and it could be, it means the Clinton machine had delegate candidates in every precinct, and they won the delegate elections.

If you watched the Carroll County coverage, you'd have seen that (A) they didn't have enough people to fill all the delegate slots, and (B) there were no Ron Paul people there.

Everybody goes home after the straw poll, thinking they've done their job. The real mission of the caucuses is to elect delegates.

I had rather hoped that WE were going to be the smart ones who ruled the delegate elections.

colecrowe
01-05-2008, 08:18 AM
Those are super delegates. (0 / 0)

Congressmen and Senators who have already endorsed a candidate. Of course Hillary got more such endorsements than anyone else. But as the votes turn for Obama-the super delegates will mean less and less. Dodd and Biden had 25 of them...where do you think they will run to now?....

Pete
01-05-2008, 09:08 AM
^^Thanks for the explanation. I had second thoughts about my earlier post, that there was no way that HRC got 169 delegates from IA.