PDA

View Full Version : New precinct captain here, could use some financial assitance for canvasing. :)

literatim
01-05-2008, 05:27 AM
http://rpgrassroots.chipin.com/canvasing-in-ohio

Trassin
01-05-2008, 05:34 AM
http://rpgrassroots.chipin.com/canvasing-in-ohio

Why would you need financial help? If you don't have slim jims then do your initial canvasing over the phone, that is what all of Illinois is doing due to time constraints between now and Feb 5th.

Also, doesn't Ohio have an Official Campaign organizer? I'm sure he can get you any supplies you need if you contact him. http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/ohio/

literatim
01-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Why would you need financial help? If you don't have slim jims then do your initial canvasing over the phone, that is what all of Illinois is doing due to time constraints between now and Feb 5th.

Also, doesn't Ohio have an Official Campaign organizer? I'm sure he can get you any supplies you need if you contact him. http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/ohio/

Canvasing. Calling people is not what a precinct captain is meant to do. I pledged to do everything I can and I will. Why did the people in Illinois bother signing up for it? Instead, you could let people that are interested in actually canvasing sign up.

You can't canvas a single precinct per person in a single month?

Trassin
01-05-2008, 07:01 AM
Canvasing. Calling people is not what a precinct captain is meant to do. I pledged to do everything I can and I will. Why did the people in Illinois bother signing up for it? Instead, you could let people that are interested in actually canvasing sign up.

You can't canvas a single precinct per person in a single month?

We are canvasing the entire precinct, but not for the initial polling. If you are only planning on canvasing your precinct once then you need to go watch the campaign's training videos on the Get Out The Vote effort. Look in my sig for the links. It is the training on how to be a "precinct captain" for Ron Paul.

Right now we don't have enough people signing up to cover all precincts so initially people will probably be picking up 2 or 3 to cover until more supporters start stepping up.

Here's what the national campaign's Illinois field coordinator had to say about it:

We need immediate,efficient production so we reccomend doing phone canvassing calls to your precinct and save the door knocking until the weekend prior to Feb. 5. Once you have signed into the system you can easily access the phone listings by clicking on "Report feedback and notes from walking my precinct" and you can update each voter's record as you go.

Also, you didn't answer my questions.

literatim
01-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Which questions? Why do I need financial help? Let's see, I have a ton of literature I need to buy and I am comparatively poor.

Trassin
01-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Which questions? Why do I need financial help? Let's see, I have a ton of literature I need to buy and I am comparatively poor.

Have you tried getting supplies through the national campaign's Ohio representative? Or through the local meetup groups if there are any?

As a meetup organizer in Illinois I can get materials for my meetup group from the national campaign for free though my state organizer.

literatim
01-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Have you tried getting supplies through the national campaign's Ohio representative? Or through the local meetup groups if there are any?

As a meetup organizer in Illinois I can get materials for my meetup group from the national campaign for free though my state organizer.

There's is one Meetup group around my area, but it is still kinda far away.

I haven't really asked the Ohio representative, I guess I'll have to if no one donates. I was hoping of not taking needed funds (in the form of slim jims) from the campaign.

PC_for_Paul
01-05-2008, 09:22 AM
"You can't canvas a single precinct per person in a single month?"

I got a list of 5000 and it's just me. I think calling first, filter canvas as much as time permits.

You get me 5 to 10 people here boots on the ground and we will wine and dine voters.

PC_for_Paul
01-05-2008, 09:31 AM
I can't help but think if we had this list out say last 4th of July, I'd have my feet kicked up and feelin pretty good about where we were.

I guess you live and you learn. I never knew these people were armed with such awsome info. If I had the time I would dump these into MS Access and go custom per issue. All you have to do is call the customer and ask what do you want. If we can continue past the primaries we can "service the customers" in the general election.

After all that is what american politics has become. Armed with a list of customers and a strong product ( Ron Paul) we should be able to secure a market in the next 10 months. The 30 day thing maybe tough.

literatim
01-05-2008, 10:19 PM
I'd have my whole city canvased if I had the list back in July.

daniroyer
01-05-2008, 10:25 PM
I've said it in other posts, but I'll say it here since the topic came up.

My local office gave me a list of "Power Voters", people who actually showed up and voted regularly since 2000 or so. It's only about 100 or so. I cross referenced that list with the one I recieved from ronpaul2008.com to get the more detailed info ( L G T and such). I'm hitting them up first and foremost. Once that's done, I'm moving on to the rest of the list.

If there's an official coordinator for you state or city, contact them for a "Power Voter" list. Some meetup organizers may have them as well. That should give you about 10% of those likely to vote and is often more up to date than the list from ronpaul2008.com.

erin moore
01-05-2008, 10:29 PM
local what office? I'm a general election voter- not a pwer voter myself, which office are you referring to?

daniroyer
01-05-2008, 10:43 PM
local what office? I'm a general election voter- not a pwer voter myself, which office are you referring to?

Local Ron Paul campaign office. Many of the states with primaries on Feb 5 and before at least have a state coordinator that should have a list.

As I said, "Power Voters" are the voters who have a history of actually showing up at the polls. Get them out of the way first since they're very likely to show up (and some may argue, more keen to politics), then move on to the rest of your list.