PDA

View Full Version : Henry Rollins

ronpaulitician
05-21-2007, 12:23 PM
I met Henry Rollins this weekend. I was about to ask him about having Ron Paul on his show when the gentleman behind me thanked him for his support of the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, and that his son, serving in Afghanistan, said hi. I figured that interrupting their conversation even in the slightest wouldn't be very prudent, so I just shook Henry's hand, and had him sign my shirt, while giving him the time to keep talking to the marine's father.

When I got home, I sent him an e-mail thanking him for his time, and asking him to have Ron Paul on. Also left a similar message on the IFC Rollins messageboard, and his audience seems to be interested in seeing Ron Paul on his show.

Teflon Master
05-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Henry Rollins is great.

ronpaulitician
05-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Rollins is a no-go.

He e-mailed me today:

I think Ron Paul spoke well at the debates the other night but he really doesn't interest me past that. Thanks. Henry

I replied:

Thanks for the reply, Henry!

I reckon the general public would agree with you. Hopefully, that'll change over the next few week/months :)

Again, thanks for your time, and good luck with all your endeavors!

Too bad.

MusoSpuso
05-24-2007, 05:13 PM
I've watched Rollin's show and I've been a fan for a long time. I'm actually a bit surprised at his response. I think he may be going off of an initial reaction that Ron is a Republican but even that seems a bit out of character for him. I'm genuinely perplexed and dissapointed...I would have expected the personal liberty and responsibility thing to be shoe-ins but I guess not =(

Rollins is a no-go.

He e-mailed me today:

I think Ron Paul spoke well at the debates the other night but he really doesn't interest me past that. Thanks. Henry

I replied:

Thanks for the reply, Henry!

I reckon the general public would agree with you. Hopefully, that'll change over the next few week/months :)

Again, thanks for your time, and good luck with all your endeavors!

Too bad.