PDA

View Full Version : Should I canvass Dem's in my state?

Nash
01-05-2008, 04:15 AM
I posted this in the other forum but then I saw this one.

I'm in California. We have a closed primary for Republicans but the deadline to re-register from another party hasn't passed yet.

Should I bothering canvassing Democrats here or just focus on the Republicans?

Keep in mind my neighborhood is about 85% democrat.

stewie3128
01-05-2008, 04:27 AM
I posted this in the other forum but then I saw this one.

I'm in California. We have a closed primary for Republicans but the deadline to re-register from another party hasn't passed yet.

Should I bothering canvassing Democrats here or just focus on the Republicans?

Keep in mind my neighborhood is about 85% democrat.

Only hit dems that have $$ associated with them. That indicates that they have either donated money to the RNC in the past, or seemed willing to donate to the RNC in the past. If they have !!! that means that their job/hobbies/whatever brings them in to contact with a lot of different people all day. They're called "networkers" if they have !!!s

But dems without $$ sings next to them, they're never going to register Republican and vote for Ron. Forget about them. This has to be winnowing down on all our potential voters, then moving them to action. We don't care how much or little they support Ron Paul, they're all just one vote. Follow up on your converts to RP, to "get an update on their support" and remind them when and where the election is. And, on election day, once we can be sure that every identified Ron Paul supporter has voted either absentee or in-person, our job will be done.

When precinct walking, hit the Rs first, then the Us, then the Ds with $$. Keep a stash of 12 party change forms with you on hand at all times, to give to the Us and Ds.

When you convert someone to RP, get their telephone and email addresses, so that we/the campaign can call them up and be sure they're voting on election day. "I'm sorry? Do you need a ride to the polling place? I'll be right over to get you." Report your notes to the campaign on your main precinct leader page.

Nash
01-05-2008, 04:39 AM
Ok thanks for the tips.

I guess I'll have to figure out what to do with the 700 independent targeting slim jims I just ordered :)

I only ordered 100 "conservative" one's.

Should I maybe consider using the indie one's in my neighborhood for the generic Republican? I know I'll be giving the conservative one's to people who have T or G next to their name.