PDA

View Full Version : My email to a friend's Mom I just sent

matratzac
01-05-2008, 03:59 AM
Hola,

------ told me over and over and over and over never to talk politics around ---. I guess I broke that rule at dinner (although to be fair, I wasn't the one that brought it up). I now know exactly what she means when she says that "you freeze in fear" because I tried to defend myself and couldn't get out my thoughts. However, I wanted to write you an email just to get some stuff off my chest because I know you will listen.
I still totally disagree with the Main Stream Media argument over whether or not the news is fair. The internet is the only non-censored form of media that exists, and, sure, there is a lot of weird, incorrect things out there, but there are also a lot more correct, viable resources to use when researching something than TV and Newspapers. I was reading a message board tonight and came across this quote:

John Swinton, editor of the New York Tribune, called by his peers, "the dean of his profession," was asked on February 26th, 1936, to give a toast before the New York Press Association. He responded with the following statements: "There is no such thing as an independent press in America, unless it is in the country towns. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print.

"I am paid $150.00 a week for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for doing similar things. If I should permit honest opinions to be printed in one issue of my paper, like Othello, before twenty-four hours, my occupation would be gone.

The business of the New York journalist is to destroy truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify, to fawn at the feet of Mammon; to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. We are the tools and vessels for rich men behind the scenes. We are intellectual prostitutes."

I witness how the media, whether it be radio or tv, "molds" things in certain ways daily. My dad is not allowed to talk about certain subjects on the radio because if he did he could risk being fired. Viacomm networks owns A LOT of media and with the money comes the power. Mitt Romney, the presidential candidate, (a millionaire many times over) just recently purchased Clear Channel radio. General Electric, who donated 1.1 million dollars to George W. Bush's campaign, owns NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, A&E, and the History Channel. The "M" in MSNBC stands for "Microsoft" who, ironically, donated 2.4 million dollars to the Bush campaign. Frank Carlucci, of the Carlyle group, is the #1 board of directors for Westinghouse. Westinghouse owns CBS. Time Warner owns CNN. Rupert Murdoch, the head of board of directors for Phillip Morris, own Fox. Phillip Morris donated 2.9 million towards Bush's campaign. These are just the news stations.

The great thing about the Ron Paul campaign is that he is the only one speaking out against the status quo, whether others claim to, or not (see Obama). This can be evidenced by his exclusion from the forum sponsored by Fox coming up in a couple of days. Even though he is polling higher than Thompson nationally, Thompson is included. Even though he polled higher than Guilliani in Iowa, got double digits %, (and hes polling higher than both Guiliani and Thompson in New Hampshire), they will not let him on. Ron Paul is the only anti-war Republican and people are beginning to see how/why he is censored. Even when the New Hampshire GOP is threatening to revoke their sponsorship from Fox for the forum, Fox STILL wont budge. That is why I am so excited to be a part of what is going on. For us to actually have someone like this available who has these views that are seen as "so" controversial when all he is doing is following the constitution, it really shows how far we as America have drifted from where we should be. I think - and this is my opinion - that Paul is the ONLY one who actually uses Logic and Common Sense and is not full of empty rhetoric or pandering to get votes(out of the republicans atleast). This war on "terror" that we have been subjected to is not all it seems to be, and Ron Paul is the one speaking up for everyone who believes the same way.

I found this youtube video today and I think this describes everything PERFECTLY. In fact I wish the Paul campaign could just buy 10 straight minutes of air time and legally air this video. This man has been deployed in Iraq
Watch this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5uk-T46soz8

Other examples of Pauls "kooky" common sense and use of logic within his arguments:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7jOETCeblsA&feature=related

I KNOW people say "well we can't leave immediately or Iraq will be in terrible shape." However, I urge you to research Paul's stance on foreign policy. You can even buy his book off amazon. THIS - foreign policy - is what will LOSE the republicans the election unless Paul is the nominee.

Also - the economy. Paul is the ONLY candidate who talks over and over about the economy. There is TONS of footage of him in congress in 20 minute speeches, but heres one in a debate thats a little more exciting
Watch this video:http://youtube.com/watch?v=LlY834n55R8

Another interesting video:http://youtube.com/watch?v=FG_HuFtP8w8

I REALLY have to go to bed because it is almost 5am. I want to send this tonight though even though I am not done because it will be easier to read in sections.

Thanks,

Zac