PDA

View Full Version : You Advice please

Wyurm
07-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Ok, I'm going to toss an idea out here. We exist in a niche. Within that niche on the internet we are many and we agree. Thus when we see a poll that says 2 or 3 or even no support, we say it must be rigged, that's not possible, etc... However that's because we don't look outside our niche.

For example: in a room with 10 people, 9 that agree is a majority, however in a room with 100 people, 9 isn't so big, and in a room with 1,000 people, 9 that agree is practically pathetic.

We are in the room with 10 people trying to figure out why the room with 1,000 people doesn't agree with us. What we need is a catchy way to attract their attention, then once we get enough people's attention we can absorb those who are waiting to see if Dr. Paul gains enough support to look like a winner. So now, my idea.

I propose a contest. How to present it, the legalities of it, and how to make it ok with the FEC are all things I don't know. However, the contest should start by asking "Who is Ron Paul?" in areas outside our niche. Then offering a prize to the first person to answer correctly. Or like some radio stations, we could make it the 100th person to answer correctly. The "who is Ron Paul?" attracts curiosity, but the added prize adds incintive to find out the answer.

Noodles
07-17-2007, 06:43 PM
You're on to something.

I'd like to see a national ad campaign with "Who is Ron Paul?" followed by nothing, then at the bottom of the ad, in smaller font, "ronpaul2008.com".

Or, maybe we could pitch in for an all-expense paid trip for 2 to the Republican National Convention for the winner of some sort of sweepstakes or something?