PDA

View Full Version : Meeting the $23 million fundraising goal for Super Tuesday

dircha
01-05-2008, 02:21 AM
In the latest fundraising email from the official campaign, they project that we need to raise and spend an additional $23 million to be competitive in the 22 Super Tuesday states on February 5th. This money needs to be raised and largely spent within the next 20 days.

Why within the next 20 days? Because the official campaign does not spend money until it has it in the bank, in order for that money to be spent in those 22 Super Tuesday states on mailings and ad buys where they say it is necessary, it must be raised and the majority of it spent by approximately January 25th. Ad buys require lead up times of at least this long, and mailer creation and distribution also has lead up time. So if we don't have the money weeks in advance, the campaign won't be able to use it where they say they urgently need it.

It seems that we can not realistically raise that amount of money without a massive boost of momentum, and that momentum can only come from strong showings between now and then.

Following is the primary and caucus schedule over the next 20 days within which we know we must build this momentum and raise the necessary money, including our current polling positions in those states (according to average of polls from http://www.realclearpolitics.com/):

5th - Today

8th - New Hampshire (polling 5th place)
15th - Michigan (polling 6th place)
19th - Nevada (polling 6th place), South Carolina (polling 6th place)

25th - Deadline to have raised and largely spent an additional $23 million in Super Tuesday states

If you, as I do, believe in the fundraising objectives and timeframe set by the official campaign, and if we admit that surely we must have a massive boost of momentum in order to meet those objectives within the 20 day timeframe, then I believe we must realistically conclude that our ability to compete in the 22 Super Tuesday states is dependent on having strong showings in the 4 important intervening states: NH, MI, NV, and SC.

If we fail to have strong showings in these 4 states, and therefore fail to build the momentum necessary to meet the aggressive, imminent fundraising objectives of the official campaign, then we will be unable to compete on Super Tuesday against the strong polling deficits, lack of name recognition, and lack of media coverage we face in 22 states.

Thoughts?

EvilEngineer
01-05-2008, 02:50 AM
Sadly, so far the money seems to be wasted on the official campaign and their idea of advertising. Bad production quality, poor placement, poor message... The success of the Ron Paul Revolution is due almost completely to our grassroots devotion. Without or publicity stunts, our youtube productions, our constant badgering of media pundits, Dr. Paul would hardly ever be in the news. It's really time that the official campaign starts listening to us.

adamw
01-05-2008, 03:54 AM
Sadly, so far the money seems to be wasted on the official campaign and their idea of advertising. Bad production quality, poor placement, poor message... The success of the Ron Paul Revolution is due almost completely to our grassroots devotion. Without or publicity stunts, our youtube productions, our constant badgering of media pundits, Dr. Paul would hardly ever be in the news. It's really time that the official campaign starts listening to us.

posts like this frustrate me.

do you know what the real reason for our success has been? it's not the grassroots. it's not even the official campaign. it's not the money bombs. it's not even the blimp. it's Ron Paul! The reason that Paul is succeeding is his message of (1) protecting personal liberty (2) getting out of iraq and fixing foreign policy (3) controlling spending and getting out of debt (4) and reducing government back to the constitution!

This message of freedom inspired and motivated the grassroots. This message inspired the blimp. This message inspired the money bombs. and this message is what's bringing in new supporters every single day. We should be focus'd on getting this message out to as many people as humanly possible. So with that in mind, what should we the grassroots and the campaign do with/about/for each other?

The official campaign should:
1) organize Dr. Paul's schedule and get him as many interviews + debates as humanly possible
2) run TV ads and infomercials with Ron Paul approved messages
3) develop a coherent strategy nationally for the next 11 months.
4) provide a the general direction message and materials for all of the grassroots supporters

the grassroots should:
1) raise hell for the good Dr!
2) get the word out about Dr Paul and his message of freedom!
3) raise hell for the good Dr!
4) get the word out about Dr Paul and his message of freedom!

We're doing one helluva job raising hell and getting the word out, and we need to keep at it, but don't be fooled into thinking that the most vocal and visible part of this campaign (read: grassroots) means that it should run the entire show. We need them as much as they need us, and we need to give them our continued support (read: money).

I trust Ron Paul to be our next president, and I sure as hell trust him to hire and manage a solid campaign staff. The minute we think we can provide a better direction for the official campaign is the day we think we can provide a better direction for Ron Paul! He and his message direct this campaign and are the reason for its success, lets not forget it!

Here's the bottom line for me: The campaign needs our money, so that's what we should give. The grassroots needs our time flyering, talking, and generally making a ruckus for dr. paul. We can and should do both. This past quarter of record fundraising numbers and launching a blimp should prove to all of us that we can do both! This haughty attitude of "well, the only reason we're succeeding is b/c of the grassroots like me, so we should run this thing!" is pompous and wrong. We need to be fighting this revolution with the official campaign, not against them.

-----
Be a Precinct Leader!

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com

Mark Rushmore
01-05-2008, 03:59 AM
posts like this frustrate me.

do you know what the real reason for our success has been? it's not the grassroots. it's not even the official campaign. it's not the money bombs. it's not even the blimp. it's Ron Paul! The reason that Paul is succeeding is his message of (1) protecting personal liberty (2) getting out of iraq and fixing foreign policy (3) controlling spending and getting out of debt (4) and reducing government back to the constitution!

With all due respect, it isn't as if Ron Paul is the only person with that message. The reason for our success has been finally finding an outlet to get that message into the mainstream. Paul is the outlet, but the volume of our grassroots activity is the level to which the message propagates.

european
01-05-2008, 04:01 AM
yeah i have an idea, help me out getting www.benjamisforpaul.com to explode! :)

jamesmadison
01-05-2008, 04:04 AM
We need more transparency until we donate more. - a lot of people are unhappy with the state of the campaign.

european
01-05-2008, 04:07 AM
We need more transparency until we donate more. - a lot of people are unhappy with the state of the campaign.

Waiting is not an option at this moment in my honest opinion. How often do you have a chance like this? If you are serious in your support for the idea that is promoted by Ron Paul, the best thing you can do i think is to support the movement and the official campaign, also by donating money that is needed to get the word out.

jamesmadison
01-05-2008, 04:10 AM
Waiting is not an option at this moment in my honest opinion. How often do you have a chance like this? If you are serious in your support for the idea that is promoted by Ron Paul, the best thing you can do i think is to support the movement and the official campaign, also by donating money that is needed to get the word out.

Well, if we are serious we can set up our own website/staff/idea/image to support ron paul with donations and other means and hire companies that work in the field of advertising with total transparency of the process.

literatim
If the campaign runs out of money, this revolution we have going is over. It doesn't matter how many PACs we have.

adamw
With all due respect, it isn't as if Ron Paul is the only person with that message. The reason for our success has been finally finding an outlet to get that message into the mainstream. Paul is the outlet, but the volume of our grassroots activity is the level to which the message propagates.

My point is that it's Paul and his staff that manage the campaign, and they need 20 million of our support -> we should give it to them. We should also continue to do what we do best -> be the grassroots that gets him crazy press/support. We shouldn't deceive ourselves into thinking that our grassroots success means that we should be running the entire show.

Fight with the campaign, not against them. Donate (https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/)! and Sign up to be a Precinct Leader (http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassrootscentral.test/).

smartguy911
we need 4 money bombs with 100,000 donation at $50 each.

100,000 x $ 50.00 = $5,000,000 x 4 = $20 million

I guess focus on all money bombs and get all meetup groups to donate on that date. meet up groups have total of 91,434 members