PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget to campaign - you know the real work stuff.

Cyclone
01-05-2008, 01:51 AM
Tonight I called nearly two dozen people. Of those 7 answered their phones. I got one guy who said he likes Ron Paul but won't vote for him because he couldn't get things done with Congress, and he hates all the rest of the Republicans but he is going to vote for them. I asked why it was better to have a guy who gets things done that you don't like and got really angry with me. I left him alone.

I found two people who listened for a while and then agreed to look him up and possibly vote for him depending on what they found.

I got four people, two of whom are married, so that might be six, that fell in love with Ron Paul, stayed on the phone for nearly half an hour each and thanked me for telling them about him and they all promised to vote for him. We practically became friends on the phone and coffee may be in the future for some of these folks. They are all neighbors. And they are all Independents who have three days to become Republicans so they can vote in my primary.

Do not stop working. That may only be four people, but I am only one person. If all of us had found four today, think how many more supporters he would have. And what if they really become ardent? Maybe they will tell more people?

These conversations were lovely. I had a wonderful time talking to people.

I have also learned to listen to what they have to say so I pick the right topics to talk about. I have learned that people like praise and so I find something to praise them about while I am talking to them.

I was scared to death to do this at first and now it is as easy as it can be. And fun!

Spirit of '76
01-05-2008, 02:59 AM
Excellent work. It's not glamorous, but it's how elections are won.

Thank you.

LibertyEagle
01-05-2008, 08:08 AM
bump

Spirit of '76
01-05-2008, 12:17 PM
bump

My thoughts exactly...

Abyss
01-05-2008, 12:34 PM
bump bump bump gj sirs!