PDA

View Full Version : Update on the teacher tearing slim jims...

Nate SY
01-05-2008, 01:32 AM
So a little while ago I told you all about a teacher of mine who tore up the slim jim I gave her and exclaimed her hate of Dr. Paul. I have been talking with her since then about Ron Paul and his positions, sent her pdf files, gave her some reading material. Anyways heres a bit of an email I got back from her today. Thought it might be a bit of a pick me up for people disappointed about Iowa (which honestly wasn't really that bad).

"I appreciate all the work you have put into sharing information with me about Ron Paul... and as we have discussed... I am not completely sure what my motives for an automatic discount of him as a candidate were. I am enjoying learning more and I definitely will re-consider my opinion of him as just a third party, unelectable
candidate..."

While she might not have converted yet I think it's safe to say she is on her way.

crink
01-05-2008, 01:33 AM
She sounds like a bitch. Get her to vote for Paul.

BLS
01-05-2008, 01:34 AM

Sounds??

paulette
01-05-2008, 01:37 AM
Nate, I saw your first post the other day, and I am so glad to hear you are making so much progress with your teacher. Don't stop there. Convert others too.

Way to go!:D

rfbz
01-05-2008, 01:38 AM
I wish you had video of her tearing up the slim jims, that sounds hilarious

drexhex
01-05-2008, 01:42 AM
Keep at it, that's a start! I've converted several people the same way, just keep bringing up new things!

Be sure to mention Pakistan: We went in and helped a woman be elected, "left", and then she was bombed. Our ideas don't work over there.

Nate SY
01-05-2008, 01:44 AM
Nate, I saw your first post the other day, and I am so glad to hear you are making so much progress with your teacher. Don't stop there. Convert others too.

Way to go!:D

lol. I actually got a substitute for my AP gov class to convert. I debated with him for 40 minutes with the class watching. (he saw my ron paul flyers and started it, he was actually pretty fair though. Nothing wrong with this guy!) In the beginning he was saying how we need the war to protect ourselves. I used the "our foreign policy is what causes the problems" return. And the next day he came up to me as a Ron Paul convert.

It's amazing. You don't even need to be particularly talented at presenting arguments to convert people. You get the idea of freedom, and economic stability in there heads and let it sit... and they'll turn on their own.

jasonuher
01-05-2008, 01:44 AM
If she's that emotional and dramatic she will great at converting others once she's ours ;)

The converted are always the most fervent, she will be a great asset to the revolution.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-05-2008, 01:46 AM
She sounds like a true Dept of Education trained weasel hack job of a teacher.
Though she is showing signs of being redeemable. :-)

Trigonx
01-05-2008, 01:47 AM
If she's that emotional and dramatic she will great at converting others once she's ours ;)

The converted are always the most fervent, she will be a great asset to the revolution.

qft

jointhefightforfreedom
01-05-2008, 01:47 AM
This will convert her!!

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_99/hannigan092099.html

you have to remember when awakening someone to the truth they can't accept it at first because to accept it is to accept that your core beliefs are wrong

ask her some basic questions like
Is the federal reserve part of the government?
Is the Irs a private corporation or government agency?
Where is the law written that says you have to pay personal income tax? (make sure to stress personal income tax only)

if you plant these little (i wonder) seeds in her the will grow very quickly
and she will convert herself

TheIndependent
01-05-2008, 01:49 AM

She sounds like someone with a little knee-jerk remorse who could potentially be a supporter now. We all know those kind of people, and the best part is seeing a turnaround and openness to new ideas.

ninepointfive
01-05-2008, 01:56 AM
The trick here is going to be to find him explaining elimination of the Dept. of Education and why it is a GOOD! thing and not a BAD thing!!!

Nate SY
01-05-2008, 01:57 AM
This will convert her!!

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_99/hannigan092099.html

you have to remember when awakening someone to the truth they can't accept it at first because to accept it is to accept that your core beliefs are wrong

ask her some basic questions like
Is the federal reserve part of the government?
Is the Irs a private corporation or government agency?
Where is the law written that says you have to pay personal income tax? (make sure to stress personal income tax only)

if you plant these little (i wonder) seeds in her the will grow very quickly
and she will convert herself

I'm reading that gold-eagle thing right now. And It's quite interesting. =D

I've already asked her the all three of those questions! I think they were definitely the most effective. From what I know she is researching Dr. Paul on her own now. So I think those were the correct "seeds" to plant.

Grandson of Liberty
01-05-2008, 01:59 AM
she will be assimilated. :p

TheIndependent
01-05-2008, 02:00 AM
The trick here is going to be to find him explaining elimination of the Dept. of Education and why it is a GOOD! thing and not a BAD thing!!!

Man, if I had a nickel for everyone that claimed it meant 'stopping public education entirely', I'd have about $20 right now. It's just that misunderstood, even though the simplest research would show a clear correlation between federal oversight and the diminishing standards and returns the schools provide nowadays.

Nate SY
01-05-2008, 02:05 AM
Man, if I had a nickel for everyone that claimed it meant 'stopping public education entirely', I'd have about $20 right now. It's just that misunderstood, even though the simplest research would show a clear correlation between federal oversight and the diminishing standards and returns the schools provide nowadays.

Actually that was another big issue for her. I just mentioned it kinda in passing. And the next day she seemed very enthused about his position on the department. I don't think ANY teachers like the federal government trying to tell the state run school how to do their jobs. I really haven't met one teacher who approves of things like "no child left behind".

pacelli
01-05-2008, 02:10 AM

No more "national" tests that put time burdens on teachers, and, create angry parents (which teachers have to then deal with).

pacelli
01-05-2008, 02:11 AM
Nate, you're doing a great job, please keep us updated. I've been wondering about how this story would turn out! The only problem I see you having is if you get her too much into Dr. Paul-- she finds this site-- and sees your posts! :)

losinglife
01-05-2008, 02:40 AM

ROFL!

Mark
01-05-2008, 03:28 AM
Keep at it, that's a start! I've converted several people the same way, just keep bringing up new things!

Be sure to mention Pakistan: We went in and helped a woman be elected, "left", and then she was bombed. Our ideas don't work over there.

She was assassinated with a gun - the bomb was used to destroy the evidence - the street was then washed off to destroy that evidence