PDA

View Full Version : REGIONAL MEETUP GROUPS for Newspaper ads!

Myerz
01-05-2008, 01:19 AM
Nation wide we could have 100-200 regions...instead of thousands of individual meetups.

We need to do this soon.....IMHO it should have happened along time ago.

Or better yet 3-4 major cities per state.....and go regional around those cities.....

that's it right there.

We need to unite around the heavy populated cities....and run our ads in those cities....over and over again!

ionlyknowy
01-05-2008, 01:29 AM
umm... that is the mistake we made in iowa. The grassroots needs to make sure we cover the rural areas of the states. The campaign only did large populated areas in IA.

Myerz
01-05-2008, 01:33 AM
Ok.... we could still have several meetups in regions......we should still unite raise greater funds and get the ads out!

crink
01-05-2008, 01:35 AM
Once again we don't need to use ads. If it's a small local paper they will probably write an article for free if enough people ask for it.

Ron2Win
01-05-2008, 01:37 AM
Take it upon yourselves and run with it.

Myerz
01-05-2008, 01:40 AM
Once again we don't need to use ads. If it's a small local paper they will probably write an article for free if enough people ask for it.

Give me a break...When was last time you opened up a newspaper.......there are ads all over the place....why do think that is? ......Because they work.....for just about everything!

crink
01-05-2008, 01:42 AM
I didn't say that they didn't work i'm just saying that an article might be more effective. And it's free.

Myerz
01-05-2008, 01:44 AM
Article...ad....whatever....sorry if I wasn't clear, but something we generate for sure...... do not want to rely on a reporter that's coming from a Huckabee point of view or someone sitting on the fence.

Myerz
01-05-2008, 01:45 AM
Main point...... uniting regionally for $$$$ sake!

RollOn2day
01-05-2008, 02:49 AM
I asked in an earlier post what Jefferson Co did that translated into such a high vote. Here's part of the answer...not all granted...but part! And it is simple and affordable and so swweet!

Concise, informative, effective ads/inserts
Gleaned from the "best of the best" submissions
Available at a central location on this forum
Ready for download/print in our local papers as ads or inserts

Buy local advertising with known readership with local contributions to the cause
Totally grassroots....but with a consistent message and look (tagged locally with meetup info)

This could even morph into local TV ads funded by our own meetup groups. Which would be a great final 10 day blitz but....this is so much easier and quicker for the first couple of weeks!

Isn't this what every body has been wringing their hands and gnashing their teeth over all day? Some say we can't seem to get the attention of HQ but in a way....so what? Isn't HQ the metaphoric Federal Govt? We don't need to pass things through them and we should stop looking for them to pay attention to us.

Lets take things into our own hands and do exatcly what we would be asking them to do. Lets get the attention of our own locals by making sure Ron Paul is in the paper and on our TV's by placing the correct ads that we know will be heard by our communities.

We do something that enhances the rest of our local efforts
We abolish thinking that HQ is suppose to win this for us
We realize that WE are the campaign, not HQ

Let HQ do what they do and lets get on with gettin on. If they want to join us....they can.

Now if we can just get a TM Institute in each precenct we'll be on to something.:D