PDA

View Full Version : My first uncomfortable exerience as a Paul supporter

matratzac
01-05-2008, 01:07 AM
My gf's dad is a doctor, extremely rich, Obama supporter, whatever he thinks is right, blah blah blah, you know the deal. He knows his daughter is a paul supporter yet the first time she told him she got called an "idiot" and was basically told that he had no chance, yadda yadda yadda. I have paul bumper stickers on my car, so i am sure he knows I am a paul supporter.
Tonight at dinner he randomly goes "so are you guys voting for obama?"

she says ...... no not really

i bite my tounge but talk anyway and say "ehh i dont really like him. but did you know his wife, who just won reelection in some office tripled her own salary and now makes right at 400k a year?"

he says "well what does that have to do with obama"

i say "nothing, i mean i just find it ironic that obama claims to crusade to the lower middle class and talks about change and raising taxes to tax the rich and his wife makes close to half a million dollars a year, and he makes a ton more"

silence

i also say "and, i mean, you might find it interesting but judicialwatch.com who keeps track of court cases etc named him one of the top 10 most corrupt politicians of 2007"

my gf says "and hes not tight on illegal immigration which is my top priority"
"and he voted for the war in the beginning, etc..."

he says "yea but he was basically lied to by the bush administration, everyone was"

then goes ..... "you know you guys cant trust the internet. not everything is a conspiracy. you need to watch and listen to real news and what you see in the newspaper. read, like, newsweek or something. open up a magazine like time."

i say "itsn't time owned by time warner? well, i mean, thats your opinion but i can give you firsthand experience how the news can be. my mom personally worked on jesse helms campaign for 2 years and has tons and tons of stories such as when people would come in for an interview from news stations and report flat out lies about what happened. just another example, fox is owned by rupert murdoch who is a huge guiliani supporter. cnn, abc, nbc, etc one is owned by General Electric which makes tons of $ off the war. I never claim conspiracy but to claim the news doesn't have tons of bias is a little weird in my opinion."

Then it was silent. I've never felt so uncomfortable in my life.

RPFTW!
01-05-2008, 01:08 AM
You should have seen my Christmas dinner with grandpa womg

paulette
01-05-2008, 01:09 AM
Don't be intimidated. You stood up for what you believe. Good for you.

jake
01-05-2008, 01:09 AM
the silence was him realizing you are correct :) good job

Shin505
01-05-2008, 01:10 AM
hahahaha, right on!

sasha_2008
Obama vs. Ron Paul

Obama voted to reauthorize the patriot act
Obama is for keeping the troops in Iraq and 130 other countries
Obama will not take nuking Iran off the table
Obama will continue the same foreign policy of the Clinton/Bush years
Obama is for the government playing a bigger role in our lives

Ron Paul voted against the patriot act
Ron Paul voted against the Iraq war
Ron Paul will bring our troops home from around the world
Ron Paul is for a neutral foreign policy
Ron Paul will work to abolish the IRS and eliminate the federal income tax by reducing spending
Ron Paul will end corporate welfare

NYgs23
"Ron Paul's a whackjob!" from my uncle, the Hillary supporter.

pacelli
01-05-2008, 01:11 AM
Nice, you thought about it more than he did :)

Ron2Win
01-05-2008, 01:11 AM
he says "yea but he was basically lied to by the bush administration, everyone was"

You should have said:

Actually, sir, you are wrong about that.

There was one guy who voted against the war and he is running for President.

BLS
01-05-2008, 01:12 AM
NEVER......feel uncomfortable speaking the truth.

EVER.

Just because your GF's father is successful, doesn't mean he knows everything.
Anybody who believes they do, only PROVES how truly ignorant they are.

tsetsefly
haha, good job...

obama voted for the patrio act, the 2nd Time! nuff said...

Azprint
Man, medical personnel and teachers are the most liberal fuckers you will come across. It's a norm.

NoxTwilight
01-05-2008, 01:13 AM
Yeah sounds like you made your points very well and were reasonably respectful :)

We all know this guys type ... don't stress over it .. doesn't sound like his daughter is lol

crink
neither of my parents support him. My dad is always making fun of him. If he won't take paul seriously just avoid mentioning him it will only bring frustration.

purepaloma
Politics can be weird with people sometimes.

However..........stick to your guns........stick to the constitution and we'll always SHINE !

sasha_2008
01-05-2008, 01:15 AM
Tell him Obama is for requiring woman to sign up for selective service and Ron Paul is for ending select service completely.

smartguy911
01-05-2008, 01:15 AM
Obama vs. Ron Paul

Ron Paul will work to abolish the IRS and eliminate the federal income tax by reducing spending

Thanks I needed that

angrydragon
01-05-2008, 01:17 AM
Speak the truth, for that you should be proud.

Oh and Obama was against the Iraq war I believe, though he did wait until the last minute to vote no on funding the war. Doesn't want to bring troops home anytime soon, would like to goto war with Iran and get involved with the war in Darfur.

liberty_Forever
Yeah fuck the news. And fuck Obama. The morons on TV are light years behind the curve. We can see what the hell is happening to our country.

Obama is just a CFR apologist. I eventually realized the forces he answers to will not let him leave Iraq. Obama is CFR member. Just read the CFR papers. The CFR is no big mystery here. These guys publish what they think.

There are tons of papers published about how the CFR wants a North American Union (this is why they leave the border with Mexico WIDE open).

And two, the CFR does not want to leave Iraq.

krott5333
actually, murdoch supports Clinton

matratzac
01-05-2008, 01:18 AM
give me as MUCH dirt on obama as possible. in case the convo like that ever comes back up again

driller80545
Yeah, my family all believe that RP will allow the arabs to have a free for all suicide bomb party in america

matratzac

yea, maybe, i couldnt remember, but i know i got my point across

liberty_Forever
01-05-2008, 01:19 AM
"my family all believe that RP will allow the arabs to have a free for all suicide bomb party in america"

well your job then is to calmly and rationally explain the fact the United States is broke.

rfbz
01-05-2008, 01:20 AM
I have a tendency not to hold my tongue very well, but you know - there's somewhat of a sense of pride just speaking your mind when social expectations say you shouldn't.

RPFTW!
01-05-2008, 01:22 AM
I have a tendency not to hold my tongue very well, but you know - there's somewhat of a sense of pride just speaking your mind when social expectations say you shouldn't.

it can also destroy relationships though haha, im about 99% sure i won't get any inheritance now, oh well so be it

OptionsTrader
01-05-2008, 01:22 AM

And it will be a Clinton/Obama ticket that Paul will be up against.

Obama is for the youth vote, he isn't going to be on the top of the ticket fot the Presidency.

We'll have to defeat the Hillary/Obama ticket, I have no doubt in my mind.

sasha_2008
01-05-2008, 01:24 AM
Thanks I needed that

You're welcome - this list is updated with selective services.

Obama vs. Ron Paul

Obama is for requiring women to sign up for selective services (the draft)

Ron Paul wants to end the requirement of our youth to sign up for selective services (the draft)

tsetsefly
give me as MUCH dirt on obama as possible. in case the convo like that ever comes back up again

Voted for the patriot act the 2nd time...

Did nto pledge to remove troops by 2013...

Has no viable plan for the declining dollar...

Keeps on funding the war...

matratzac
did Obama vote in favor of the war in the beginning? I'm hearing different things on some websites....

crazyfacedjenkins
Good job. I always get pulled into pointing out hypocrisies leaving uncomfortable silence. I've gotten used to it, but I try to hold my self back at work.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-05-2008, 01:26 AM
For god's sake if the guy is a democrat he should at least look at Gravel. Anyway if you were fulled by Bush, you are too stupid to be president.

nimo
01-05-2008, 01:26 AM
Its good to see people standing up for themsevles and believing in their convictions.

Just on a good note... I got all 6 of my family members on board. I even went at it with my favorite uncle and at the end of an hour discussion I called him a NEOCON! Everything went dead silent and I thought to myself, holy sheet did I just say that? (then I smiled with conviction)

After all that I could see him churning in his head and thinking about it. Just maybe he will come around. He tried like heck to shoot me down with (fox news B.S.) it did'nt work. I have done my homework and know it well. I was throwing stuff at him from the last 200 years.

I have enjoyed other's stories, so I thought I would throw out mine.

RPFTW!
01-05-2008, 01:27 AM
did Obama vote in favor of the war in the beginning? I'm hearing different things on some websites....

its my understanding he didn't vote, cause he wasn't a senator at the time

Oliver
01-05-2008, 01:27 AM
You should have said:

Actually, sir, you are wrong about that.

There was one guy who voted against the war and he is running for President.

Wrong sequence:

Ron Paul = The Doctor
America = The Patient
The Constitution = The Cure

danberkeley
01-05-2008, 01:29 AM
it can also destroy relationships though haha, im about 99% sure i won't get any inheritance now, oh well so be it

your inheritance wont be worth anything once the country's economy crashes. you're screwer either way.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-05-2008, 01:29 AM
The gov't lied to everyone, true... but Ron and Kucinich were the only ones smart enough to know it. And of course, they're the two "kooks"

gerryb
01-05-2008, 01:30 AM
Yeah, my family all believe that RP will allow the arabs to have a free for all suicide bomb party in america

How will they get into the country?? =P

If RP was president in 2000, the 9/11 bombers would have been thrown out of the country when their Visa's expired....

hells_unicorn
My oldest brother is a Huckabee supporter and when I first mentioned I was supporting Ron Paul I was given a long spiel about how Islam is going to destroy America, which literally made me sick to my stomach as (unlike him) I have Muslim friends, one of them an Iranian immigrant.

One important thing to note is that my brother is a Protestant (evangelical) and I'm a Catholic Libertarian, so we don't see the world the same way. I have yet to tell my brother flat out that I think that Huckabee is a witch doctor and beholden to a Heretic (John Hagee). Being in a family with several different Christian denominations is, if nothing else, volatile.

liberty_Forever
Right. Convert your family, they are the ones you need to defend.

pikerz
01-05-2008, 01:32 AM
Murdoch is actually a Hillary supporter.

jointhefightforfreedom
01-05-2008, 01:32 AM
yep if i remember right only 3 house reps voted against the patriot act
1 of the 3 was Ron Paul

and ask him if he plans to invest in gold or AMERO's!

BLS
01-05-2008, 01:33 AM
And it will be a Clinton/Obama ticket that Paul will be up against.

Obama is for the youth vote, he isn't going to be on the top of the ticket fot the Presidency.

We'll have to defeat the Hillary/Obama ticket, I have no doubt in my mind.

First post today where you didn't mention the Precinct Captain link.

Getting tired? :D

Just teasing brother.....

BLS
01-05-2008, 01:33 AM
Murdoch is actually a Hillary supporter.

Actually, he donated the max to both Hitlery and Ghouliani.

danberkeley
01-05-2008, 01:35 AM

visit govtack(dot)us it's got info on the congress

mrd
01-05-2008, 01:40 AM
Since when does the President provide Congress with all their intel?

TheIndependent
01-05-2008, 01:53 AM
Ugh. Obama. I'm the sole libertarian in a sea of hardcore leftie friends.

However, my parents, siblings, and my wife and I are all for Paul.

matratzac
01-05-2008, 01:55 AM
Ugh. Obama. I'm the sole libertarian in a sea of hardcore leftie friends.

However, my parents, siblings, and my wife and I are all for Paul.

yea id heard about that but it was pretty much proven to be untrue i think

libertarian4321
01-05-2008, 02:07 AM

Umm, this part is incorrect.

Obama wasn't in the Congress when the war started.

He was an Illinois state senator at the time and he OPENLY OPPOSED THE IRAQ WAR, just as Ron Paul did.

noztnac
01-05-2008, 02:11 AM
Score

you 1
Obama dad 0

Lord Xar
01-05-2008, 02:17 AM
Obama is CFR and is nothing 'new' or special. He is just like all the special interest politicians except he is packaged nicely. That is it. I find it rather discouraging that someone like this guy tells you to get your news from the TV and the Newspapers... wow, strong denial.

TheIndependent
01-05-2008, 02:21 AM
yea id heard about that but it was pretty much proven to be untrue i think

Uh, what about my situation was untrue?

matratzac
01-05-2008, 02:22 AM
Uh, what about my situation was untrue?

i was quoting a different post that was deleted and i accidently quoted yours :)

TheIndependent
01-05-2008, 02:25 AM
i was quoting a different post that was deleted and i accidently quoted yours :)

haha, all good, mate!

Gtex
01-05-2008, 02:25 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jOFT8jtuVpo Tony Rezco.
http://www.wral.com/news/political/story/2210277/ Some points on the Senator.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eDXqS5LQXj0&feature=related I don't even like how he begins his response.
Sorry if this is any duplication and hope it helps some.

hatefalseweight
01-05-2008, 02:28 AM
Google Fox' corporate Board ... you will bind Andrew Knight of Rothschild (internatioal banker, i.e centralization of credit / inflation /fiat money / i..e thief ; Rod Paige, former head of dept of education for Bush (i.e. govt brainwashing of kids into New World Order slavethink) ; Viet Dinh law prof now at Georgetown, who wrote the Patriot ACt , which Judge Andrew Napalitono points out in Nation of sheep totally destroys the 4th and 1st amendment.; and of course war propagandist Murdoch whose News Corp was the 20th leading donor to Hillary ...

These people are A-list collectivists all of whom directly represent entrenched unconstitutional and antifreedom interests which Dr. Paul is opposing - forget the stupid "media" front men ... these are the people we should b e thinking of when these stupid smirking twerps ask their insulting questions or censor Dr. Paul for a year and then censor him again now because they were successful in censoring him all year .

Nash
01-05-2008, 02:28 AM
Obama supporters are some of the smuggest people I've ever discussed politics with in my life. Even more smug than Clinton supporters. At least Edwards supporters think they are doing what is right for this country. Obama supporters think we should all go to school until we're 30 and that the federal government should subsidize male turtleneck sweaters and three dollar cups of coffee.

liberty_Forever
01-05-2008, 02:32 AM
lol Nash that is pretty funny

We do need to reach out to Obama supporters though. They want change just like we do. They just don't realize their candidate will not deliver because of his connections to money and the globalists.

Ernest
01-05-2008, 02:37 AM
Obama is CFR and is nothing 'new' or special. He is just like all the special interest politicians except he is packaged nicely. That is it. I find it rather discouraging that someone like this guy tells you to get your news from the TV and the Newspapers... wow, strong denial.

I agree. And it is even more then that. On CNN tonight with Lou Dobbs. Roger Simon, senior political columnist, Politico.com who is in NH was asked about the possibility and effect of a Bloomberg run at this point:

SIMON: Barack Obama is the nominee of the Democratic Party. Michael Bloomberg will never run against him. He does not want to be known as the man who prevented the first African-American to be the president of the United States. He's not going to do it.
Nothing about policies, planks positions etc. It was all about his race.

Paulitician
01-05-2008, 02:38 AM
That guy needs what us learned people called critical thinking...

liberty_Forever
01-05-2008, 02:39 AM
We must be scaring the shit out of them if they are going to run Bloomberg.

AceNZ
01-05-2008, 02:39 AM
With anyone who is considering voting for a pro-war candidate like Obama, ask them what, exactly, the Iraqis have done to harm the American people. Then ask how that warrants the US killing more than a million Iraqis (a fact that's well supported). And what have the Iranians done to warrant the possibility of being nuked?

For people who are afraid of Islamic suicide bombers, ask how many people they have ever heard of in the US who have been killed by a suicide bomber, other than 9/11. Are they also afraid of the guy down the street who owns a gun? After all, he might go crazy and start shooting people. Some other guy in another town shot some people, so it could happen here, right? People need to wake up and see how silly this constant fear stuff really is...

In addition to strong borders, as mentioned in an earlier post, Ron Paul also supports allowing airline captains to arm themselves, and has already introduced legislation along those lines. If the captains had been armed, odds are 9/11 would never have happened.

As for Time & Newsweek being the "real" news.... If that's what he considers to be authentic news, that's a tough battle. It might help to point out that news sources on the Internet include such "fringe" publications as the NY Times, the Wall Street Journal, and hundreds of other local and national newspapers.

EvoPro
01-05-2008, 02:49 AM

well your job then is to calmly and rationally explain the fact the United States is broke.

I would first educate them that our interventionist foreign policy and occupation, particularly in the middle east, creates terrorists. When any other president finally left Iraq with basses and a massive embassy, the terrorist will be more likely to attack us again. If we left the middle east alone and withdrew all basses, they would be far less likely to follow us home. They didn't follow the Soviets when they left the region, they would lose incentive to fight.

Then remind them we will go broke, if we continue this policy. China could bring us to our knees with the amount of debt we are in.

Mark
01-05-2008, 03:26 AM
Way to stand for truth despite the intimidation!

Ronin
01-05-2008, 03:41 AM
Just thought I'd share this off topic YT before bed... It'll make for a good dinner talk tommorrow night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F1oRcsEJEc

politicsNproverbs
01-05-2008, 03:45 AM
NEVER......feel uncomfortable speaking the truth. EVER.

Amen to that! "Ain't" it the truth!

Great job speaking up to your g/f's father. Very Brave, imo.

This is for "Rich Dad" and his as yet "unawares" political state of mind... ;)

"Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you thinks that he is wise in this age, he must become foolish, so that he may become wise." - 1 Cor. 3:18

Joe3113
01-05-2008, 04:05 AM
LOL....yeah......Open up time and newsweek if you want the nWo line.

Politeia
01-05-2008, 07:31 AM

You know what? I knew Bush was lying from the beginning -- even before he was "elected". And I'm "white". I don't have a 500 year history that ought to make me suspicious of Whitey.

Remember when Harry Belafonte got in trouble for calling Colin Powell a "house ******"? Obama is a house ******. Yeah, I know you can't say that in polite company, but you're a smart fella, you might as well know the truth.

The Masters don't care what color you are; they only care if you can follow orders and deliver the goods. Obama is the best house ****** the Masters have ever had, and they're using him -- with his full, willing cooperation -- to the hilt.

Assuming Ron Paul won't be elected (and I've been supporting him for over 25 years, so I'm not giving up yet), I was hoping for Hillary as my second choice. If Americans want more of the same, she sums it up better than anyone, and is the perfect figure to preside over the Final Collapse. But it's looking like she might be aced out at the finish line by Obama.

What does Obama offer? "The Audacity of Hope." But what does that mean? "The Audacity of Hope," Whitey; what're you, a racist? Oh, okay, I'll shut up.

What Obama offers:

(1) He'll get the black vote, because most blacks (not all; I do know some who can and do think, and they're fine people) will vote race, regardless of whether he'll make a good president, or whether he gives a s*** about them (he doesn't).

(2) He'll get the white "liberal" vote, to assuage their white liberal guilt (sounds like your gf's father), even while they know he's laughing at them.

(3) He'll get the female vote, because he's a fellow "victim" -- and because he's sooo good-looking (the secret allure of forbidden sex -- I know, you can't mention this either, but you bet it's there, and a significant factor, and the Masters are happy to use it).

Like I said, you probably can't say any of this to your "gf's dad", who's clearly an idiot (sounds like his daughter isn't, though, so good for you). But you might as well know the truth; it'll give you a head start in life. The truth is what's real, not what self-deluded fools say. Learn to see reality, and you might be able to survive what's coming. It's not going to be pretty.

BTW, I would be more than happy to vote for a black man, if he made sense. For instance, Richard Boddie (http://www.chrononhotonthologos.com/inactive/focus/rbbcv.htm) was a candidate for the Libertarian nomination in 1992; I'd have been more than happy to vote for him. Race is not the issue; the issue is sanity, and integrity. Real Liberty is color-blind, as is Ron Paul.

jenninlouisiana
01-05-2008, 07:37 AM
"They gays!" What about "The Gays?!!" (said in nasty, demeaning tone-- she believes gays need to be persecuted and discriminated against...)

That was my uncomfortable experience... I wrote a post about it a month or so ago.

LOL...

All you can do is laugh and know you are right.

A doctor who supports Obama? Say it ain't so!

FreeTraveler
01-05-2008, 07:42 AM
Somebody had a graph that showed a whole bunch of issues and candidates, with lots of red Xs and green checks for positions. Can anybody remember where that was?

You're welcome - this list is updated with selective services.

Obama vs. Ron Paul

Obama is for requiring women to sign up for selective services (the draft)

Ron Paul wants to end the requirement of our youth to sign up for selective services (the draft)

BizmanUSA
01-05-2008, 07:53 AM
My gf's dad is a doctor, extremely rich, Obama supporter, whatever he thinks is right, blah blah blah, you know the deal.

.............then goes ..... "you know you guys cant trust the internet. not everything is a conspiracy. you need to watch and listen to real news and what you see in the newspaper. read, like, newsweek or something. open up a magazine like time."

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? :eek:

YIKES!

1 . . . 2 . . . 3 . . . 4 . . . 5 . . . 6 . . . 7 . . . 8 . . . 9 . . . Not Working

bolidew
01-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Obama vs. Ron Paul

^^^

walt
01-05-2008, 09:40 AM
My gf's dad is a doctor, extremely rich, Obama supporter, whatever he thinks is right, blah blah blah, you know the deal. He knows his daughter is a paul supporter yet the first time she told him she got called an "idiot" and was basically told that he had no chance, yadda yadda yadda. I have paul bumper stickers on my car, so i am sure he knows I am a paul supporter.

i bite my tounge but talk anyway and say "ehh i dont really like him. but did you know his wife, who just won reelection in some office tripled her own salary and now makes right at 400k a year?"

i say "nothing, i mean i just find it ironic that obama claims to crusade to the lower middle class and talks about change and raising taxes to tax the rich and his wife makes close to half a million dollars a year, and he makes a ton more"

silence

i also say "and, i mean, you might find it interesting but judicialwatch.com who keeps track of court cases etc named him one of the top 10 most corrupt politicians of 2007"

then goes ..... "you know you guys cant trust the internet. not everything is a conspiracy. you need to watch and listen to real news and what you see in the newspaper. read, like, newsweek or something. open up a magazine like time."

i say "itsn't time owned by time warner? well, i mean, thats your opinion but i can give you firsthand experience how the news can be. my mom personally worked on jesse helms campaign for 2 years and has tons and tons of stories such as when people would come in for an interview from news stations and report flat out lies about what happened. just another example, fox is owned by rupert murdoch who is a huge guiliani supporter. cnn, abc, nbc, etc one is owned by General Electric which makes tons of $ off the war. I never claim conspiracy but to claim the news doesn't have tons of bias is a little weird in my opinion."

hey can you do me a favor and have that conversation with oh, about 300 million people :):D:)

This is how we win

bolidew
01-05-2008, 09:41 AM

That shows Obama at lease doesn't have good judgement like RP.

jillian
01-05-2008, 09:43 AM
My mom won't even discuss politics with me anymore.

allyinoh
01-05-2008, 09:46 AM
I'm a little late after 8 pages, but I had a similar experience. On Christmas day, my husband's aunt said, "Come here and sit down and talk, you know I'm going to ask a lot of questions." So she asks me what my husband and I are into. I tell her, right now we are really into politics seeing as it is an election year. So, his grandma says, "Who are you guys supporting?" I replied, "Ron Paul."

ALL the talking stopped, it was dead silent. I don't even know what that meant, but it was really awkward but I was ready to stand my ground if they persisted.

His cousin then said, "You can't ask someone who they are voting for without asking them why." So I told them why I was voting for him and afterwards his aunt said, "Well those are good reasons."

deedles
01-05-2008, 09:47 AM
I think you did a good job standing up to your girlfriend's father. Sometimes, it's funny to ask them "what do you like about him? What are his stands on this or that..." Very often, people have no idea specifically why they get behind a candidate (I never used to), but you can sure hear the talking points from the MSM come out of their mouth. My girlfriend, ("I've always voted democrat, I can't vote republican even if I agree with him") is now using the word "Laissez-faire" in regards to DRP foreign policy. I've never heard that word out of her mouth before recently... when the msm started using it.

The best line I ever heard about the MSM went "They don't call it programming by accident"

Just keep appealing to objective fact and avoid personalizing anything. Sometimes, when people spout what you know is complete, uninformed crap, it's effective to say "I used to believe that too, but then when I read this..."

And sometimes, you just have to give it up as some folks are beyond reach.

Good Luck!

WilliamC
01-05-2008, 09:58 AM
"Ron Paul's a whackjob!" from my uncle, the Hillary supporter.

Well that's just because he honestly believes in that whacky old Constitution and doesn't just pay lip service to it :)

Chester Copperpot
01-05-2008, 10:03 AM

silence

Thats good my man.. You cant help but speak the truth its like a knee-jerk reaction with us.. You might make her father come around too.. you never can tell.

The Avatar of Time
04-12-2008, 08:31 AM
I am happy to say that I have convinced both of my parents and my grandma that Ron Paul is the man for the job. Unfortunately the primaries here are already over because I was slow to learn about the man.

hillertexas
04-12-2008, 08:55 AM
I am happy to say that I have convinced both of my parents and my grandma that Ron Paul is the man for the job. Unfortunately the primaries here are already over because I was slow to learn about the man.

nice work. spreading the message is what's important.

Welcome to the forum! :)

The Avatar of Time
04-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Thank you. Even if he doesn't get the nomination he will run as a Libertarian won't he?

lynnf
04-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Thank you. Even if he doesn't get the nomination he will run as a Libertarian won't he?

can't keep his seat as a republican and run as an independent or libertarian...
if he did try it would be censured and probably booted out by the House.

lynn

TruthAtLast
04-12-2008, 09:51 AM

silence

awesome. Nothing better than an informed Ron Paul supporter who can stand his ground and can get others to think without looking like a crazy person.

Well done sir!

LEK
04-12-2008, 01:03 PM
NEVER......feel uncomfortable speaking the truth.

EVER.

Excellent advice.
AND
The best offense is a good defense so know what you believe.

penguinomint
04-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Somebody had a graph that showed a whole bunch of issues and candidates, with lots of red Xs and green checks for positions. Can anybody remember where that was?

This may be what you're referring to.

http://knowbeforeyouvote.com/

SDJoseph
04-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Print this out on some glossies and highlight the scores of Obama, Clinton, McCain and Paul.
Then set it neatly on their coffee table for their enjoyment :)

http://www.jbs.org/files/fi-110-1.pdf

haigh
04-12-2008, 03:01 PM

When a conversation with an Obama supporter lights up, I like to say,

"CHANGE" yea, thats "code" for More Socialism.

Uggamugg
04-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Good job educating the old fellow

The Avatar of Time
04-13-2008, 12:08 AM
can't keep his seat as a republican and run as an independent or libertarian...
if he did try it would be censured and probably booted out by the House.

lynn

I see. I never thought of that, I assumed that running for president would have nothing to do with his currently held office. So then if he does not get the nomination then that's the end of it huh? Well I certainly hope he gets the nomination. He really is the only decent candidate this election, in fact he is the first decent candidate in a very long time. There is something seriously wrong with the American people if they do not elect this man. It is really sad to think that there are people out there that apparently do not want to be free.

And I just do not see how people like the man this thread is about can be so blind as to think that the 'real news' is unbiased and always true. One does not have to look very far into how the mainstream media is to realize that they have no interest in truth, just furthering the cause of the corporations that own them.

Ball
04-13-2008, 04:15 AM
Newsweek? :rolleyes:

Conza88
04-13-2008, 05:06 AM
Obama vs. Ron Paul

Pretty much summed up in my video. :D
- Sig -

gilliganscorner
04-13-2008, 05:23 AM

That was the sound of the man choosing between admitting stupidity or ignorance.
That is the sound of an Obama supporter = all style, no substance. Just "bling".
I find that whenever Obama walks into a room, it feels emptier.

Well done. You stuck to your guns and spoke up. Remember, that's how the bad guys took over - all it took was good people to do nothing.

constitutional
04-13-2008, 06:13 AM

silence

n the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
~Mark Twain~

I've been through many silences -- or worse. :cool: