PDA

View Full Version : Less than $5 million this month, if we don't step up.

coboman
01-05-2008, 01:06 AM
I think the current base of supporters are done donating.

The "PayDay" was today, Friday, and they raised less than $10,000. It was supposed to be a $500,000 moneybomb and we ended with a regular daily donation of $60,000.

We have $200,000 in donations in 4 days, for an average of $50,000 every day.

The Martin Luther King bomb has 3,500 pledges for $10 (ten dollars). Applying the growth of pledges, and the factor of pledges vs actual donations, etc. etc. It looks like a regular 30 Nov, 31 Dec. moneybomb. That is around $500,000. But this is January 21st, so it is too late for anything.

I don't know the number of pledges for Benjamin's Moneybomb, because they are not listed in their site. But I will assume that they are similar to ML King's.

So, it is 1.5 million in regular donations (50,000 every day for 30 days).
And around 1 extra million with the big moneybombs (half a million each).

All in all, I don't see any way of raising more than 3 million this month.
Being extra optimistic, and doubling the numbers, we still end up with less than 5 million.

23 million is absolutely out of the question with the current base of donors, the current number of pledges, and the current course of action.

We need to do something now.

BTW, Huckabee is kicking our butt:
http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_this_month.png

coboman
01-05-2008, 01:26 AM
And the lack of interest on this thread only proves my point even further.

tsetsefly
01-05-2008, 01:27 AM
Everyone is focusing on NH, once that is done we will focus on money bombs,..

thoughtbombing
01-05-2008, 01:28 AM
hump

Trigonx
01-05-2008, 01:29 AM
I honestly believe if we can pull it into hyper drive and pull 2nd or better in NH donations will flow in.

Bryan
01-05-2008, 01:30 AM
Money bomb on the 8th: :)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=76321

Ben Elliott
01-05-2008, 01:33 AM
If the grassroots were a little more organized we could have national fundraising drives, where each meet-up or individual Ron Paul supporter would organize booths, or events, to gather money from people. Could sell things, could do garage sales, could have change jars posted across a city. If we tried as an organization, to get Ron the money, Ron would have 23 million dollars.

However, getting the people to act is difficult. We can't even agree on money-bombs that won't cover the bill.

Micahyah
01-05-2008, 01:36 AM
the only thing that will change the current state is good showing in the primaries coming up

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-05-2008, 01:39 AM
free markets are incentive-based. A good showing in NH will suck our dollars like moths to a flame. A lot of us are in auto-pilot seeing how this investment is shaping up... having given hundreds if not thousands already.

My breakdown for NH
1st - $500
2nd - $300
3rd - $100

The Only Woj
01-05-2008, 01:39 AM
fuck money bombs. they were fun before the primaries. it's different now.

EVERY DAY needs to be a MONEY BOMB

coboman
01-05-2008, 01:41 AM
I honestly believe if we can pull it into hyper drive and pull 2nd or better in NH donations will flow in.

the only thing that will change the current state is good showing in the primaries coming up

OK. We have to think on something else, because the polls have us at 5th place.

So, thinking about anything above 4t place in NH is not realistic.

I suggest asking for major change in the official campaign. Even if we don't see the results in votes immediately, people would get excited again if we saw good commercials, and PR, and media exposure.
And see the current staff fired. That would really turn people on!;)

european
01-05-2008, 01:44 AM
for your information: www.benjaminsforpaul.com :)

coboman
01-05-2008, 01:54 AM
for your information: www.benjaminsforpaul.com :)
What information? The number of pledges are nowhere to be found.

AggieforPaul
01-05-2008, 02:00 AM
I fear that we're imploding.

michaelwise
01-05-2008, 02:02 AM
I offer my federal matching funds that I have paid.

tsetsefly
01-05-2008, 02:04 AM

money bombs bring in people who would not normally donate, look at the outside support we got for the tea party all the newsletters, etc.

libertarian4321
01-05-2008, 02:20 AM
$23 million is a hell of a lot to raise in about ONE month.

Maybe we need each of the thousands of meetup groups to hold a bake sale or car wash!

european
01-05-2008, 02:23 AM

they are... at the bottom of the site. guess i'll move them up.

losinglife
01-05-2008, 02:29 AM
noone knew about this. Hell i have been following every donation for RP on everything and i didnt know about this.

Who cares, he is already ahead of predictions in donations as it is.

smartguy911
01-05-2008, 02:30 AM
the way it's going, we need 4 money bombs with 100,000 donation at $50 each.

100,000 x $ 50.00 = $5,000,000 x 4 = $20 million

I guess focus on all money bombs and get all meetup groups to donate on that date. meet up groups have total of 91,434 members

$50 per week is not a bad amount

dircha
01-05-2008, 02:34 AM
$23 million is a hell of a lot to raise in about ONE month.

Maybe we need each of the thousands of meetup groups to hold a bake sale or car wash!

We can do it. If we are going to win, we will do it.

If we are having strong showings and are on the path to winning, then we will raise that amount no problem because we will draw enough people in.

But if we are not having strong showings, then we will not draw people in, we will not be able to raise that amount, and we will not be on the path to winning that the official campaign has set before us.

The time of testing is now. No more excuses.

dircha
01-05-2008, 02:39 AM
noone knew about this. Hell i have been following every donation for RP on everything and i didnt know about this.

Who cares, he is already ahead of predictions in donations as it is.

But we all do need to care very much. We were ahead for 4th quarter. We are not ahead any longer.

The nominee will for all practical purposes very likely be decided by the morning of February 6th.

On February 5th, Super Tuesday, 22 states will have held their nomination contests.

The official campaign has said that it will take an additional $23 million beyond what we raised in 4th quarter in order to be competitive on Super Tuesday. And much of that money has to be spent weeks in advance to schedule and pay for ad buys and mailings.

losinglife
01-05-2008, 02:51 AM
But we all do need to care very much. We were ahead for 4th quarter. We are not ahead any longer.

The nominee will for all practical purposes very likely be decided by the morning of February 6th.

On February 5th, Super Tuesday, 22 states will have held their nomination contests.

The official campaign has said that it will take an additional $23 million beyond what we raised in 4th quarter in order to be competitive on Super Tuesday. And much of that money has to be spent weeks in advance to schedule and pay for ad buys and mailings.

dont sweat it mate... he will do just fine in fundraising. Q4 proved that

literatim
01-05-2008, 03:31 AM

Uh we have 6 months of primaries yet.

Aron98831@msn.com
01-05-2008, 04:00 AM
If we need more money we need to win. It happens the same way each year, you don't get votes, you stop getting money, you drop out. Why do you like Joe Biden dropped out? I know for a fact he was going to do well in NV, maybe as high as 2nd, but he didn't have the money and know one would give it to him. 3rd place or higher in NH, and a win in SC or NV, and we never have to worry about money again. 5th place in NH, 5th in SC, and 4th in NV, and this campaign is done. We are close to making history, but right now it is on the edge. This has been an amazing run, the closest America has come to saving itself since Ross Perot ran in 92. We have brought about great change in the way millions of people think. This country is so backwards right now it might take a long time to fix it, but these last few months have given may hope. Right now we need a W to carry this campaign on. This is this countries last chance for many years so I can hope that this works out for the best, but, if it doesn't the next 30 years could be hard times for America. Our government has learned that printing money and borrowing money from people over seas lets them give the people of this country more then there fair share. Breaking free of that is hard to do. We you pay $1 in taxes you want the government to give you $1 back in some from or another (protection, roads, airports, whatever), but if the government prints or borrows extra money then they can give out $1.10 worth of stuff. Ended that game will be hard, thats why people fight Ron Paul, because at the end of day someone, some person is getting those extras from the government, at the expensive of there grandchildren. Also the government has tricked people into living in fear because if they are scared then the government can waste money, and take power; there two favorite things to do. People think if they vote of Rudy, McCain, Clinton, that they will go out a fight some big bad guy in Iraq or somewhere that most Americas couldn't find on a map because the people have hear that someone in the middle east wants to kill them. With the money the government spends on war they could put a truck at the end of everyones street with guy with a gun in it, but instead they go do that in Iraq. Wouldn't you feel safer if the military protected your property instead of some guys property in Baghdad? The system is out of control, and no one can stop it, that is the kind of crap RP must face everyday. 10% of the vote is amazing, its just not good enough. But the fact that 10% of people in Iowa, a small state in the middle of country, can see that this country needs help is a good sign. NH a much more progressive state, a state open to new ideas, could be smart enough and have the right mix of people in it to push Dr. Paul to the top, but only time will tell.

Joe3113
01-05-2008, 04:16 AM

+1

coboman
01-05-2008, 09:52 AM

they are... at the bottom of the site. guess i'll move them up.
OMG! 221 Pledges?

This is far worse than I expected. With this current rate of growth, Benjamin's moneybomb will not even reach half a million.