PDA

View Full Version : Campaign purchases hour long T.V. spot in N.H. in response to Fox News exclusion

nimo
01-05-2008, 01:05 AM
I can't confirm it, but here you go...

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Paul+counting+on+independent +voters&articleId=0a60f2c1-9058-4717-8fe7-088c94e59755

OptionsTrader
01-05-2008, 01:08 AM
I can't confirm it, but here you go...

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Paul+counting+on+independent +voters&articleId=0a60f2c1-9058-4717-8fe7-088c94e59755

After being "uninvited" to participate in an televised debate tonight at St. Anselm College, Paul decided to purchase an hour-long television slot that evening, because "I can afford it."

TheIndependent
01-05-2008, 01:09 AM
We seriously need to donate to help cover the cost of it just in case he needs to pull out the stops like this in other areas later on. :)

OptionsTrader
01-05-2008, 01:09 AM
From RonPaul2008.com

Jan 06
Televised Town Hall Meeting with Ron Paul
New Hampshire
4:30 PM ET

TheIndependent
01-05-2008, 01:10 AM
Hell yeah! I hope the NH folks kick the promotion of this into overdrive!

Bradley in DC
01-05-2008, 01:11 AM
We seriously need to donate to help cover the cost of it just in case he needs to pull out the stops like this in other areas later on. :)

Make sure it isn't as counter-productive as their anti-immigrant ad which contradicted Dr. Paul's positions, didn't hurt Huckabee and scared our anti-war Independent supporters into the arms of Obama. :mad:

nimo
01-05-2008, 01:12 AM
It was Iowa. Come on we did good for the circumstance.

P.S. They didn't contradict anything.

MJfromCT
01-05-2008, 01:13 AM
This seems like a wise and necessary decision. Of course competing with the NFL playoff game is not easy.

eok321
I wonder if they got it cheaper than it normally would be due to the expectation that everyone in NH would be watching the debate.

Anyway its awesome and the comparative ratings might be a good gauge on how well we migt do on tuesday

RSLudlum
As soon as this is confirmed, start pressing flyers to notify every voter to boycott FOX's censorship and watch the Ron Paul hour!!!

rasheedwallace
01-05-2008, 01:27 AM
well damn we should have waited out FOX, they were about to crack.

colecrowe
01-05-2008, 01:30 AM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/01/with-debate-snu.html

With Debate Snub Looming, Will Paul Fund His Own TV Forum?

ABC News' Z. Byron Wolf Reports: What to do if you are Ron Paul and Fox News excludes you from its debate in New Hampshire?

You buy an hour of TV time on a rival network's New Hampshire affiliate for either just before or during the forum, that's what.

Ron Paul does not have double digit support in national or New Hampshire polls, and that is probably going to cost him a slot in a Fox News forum in New Hampshire on Sunday, January 6th -- one day after the ABC/Facebook debate cosponsored by ABC affiliate WMUR.

But while he lacks poll support, Paul has campaign coin in spades after raising nearly $20 million last quarter.

Spokesman Jesse Benton said the campaign has the money both to produce and air an hour-long town hall forum, and says they like the idea so much they might do it even if Fox eventually relents and includes Paul in the debate.

Benton said Fox News has not been returning phone calls from the campaign. The New Hampshire Republican Party has called on the network to include both Paul and Republican Congressman Duncan Hunter in the debate.

-----

Paul counting on independent voters

By JIM KOZUBEK
New Hampshire Union Leader Correspondent
2 hours, 27 minutes ago

MERRIMACK – Ron Paul said yesterday that taking winning 10 percent of the Republican caucus results in Iowa puts him in solid standing for the New Hampshire primary, with its large contingent of independent voters.

Paul, a U.S. representative from Texas, said he captured 29 percent of the independent vote in Iowa, and "when we saw those statistics, we knew the obvious opportunities in New Hampshire" with its 44 percent of independent voters.

His supporters on the streets at midday yesterday were handing out miniature copies of the U.S. Constitution, led by the staccato of a drummer in Colonial dress and a tri-corner hat and chants calling for a revolution.

Last night, about 40 people at a house gathering heard Paul explain his plans for restoring constitutionalism, a political theory that he says means a major reduction in military commitments, ending trade agreements supported by subsidies and abolishing income tax with no proposed substitute.

Homeowner Linda Lagana and neighbor Cathy Whalen said they don't have a second choice on the ballot, and Stephen Szewczyk of Nashua said he wouldn't even vote in November if Paul doesn't get the nomination.

Lagana said she was fed up with government spending and inflation, and if Paul did not get elected, a movement to get the support of legislators for stable economic policies would continue.

"This is not going away," she said.

After being "uninvited" to participate in an televised debate tonight at St. Anselm College, Paul decided to purchase an hour-long television slot that evening, because "I can afford it."

He raised $20 million in the fourth quarter, more than any other Republican campaign.

Paul said he is going after the Republican nomination and has no interest in a third-party ticket.

He told his audience last night, "We are $2.7 trillion in debt, and history tells us that all great nations collapse due to economic reasons. It starts when the currency goes down, and right now on some days the Canadian dollar increases higher than the U.S dollar, and that should tell us something."

Paul said the borrowing and printing of money creates economic inequities, because the people who get the printed and borrowed money first, notably the government, bankers and financial institutions, get to use it first, and that is an advantage.

He wants to transitionally abolish the Federal Reserve and its money-printing operations and many of the governmental institutions and their programs, such as military occupation, that create a need for foreign debt credits to restrain inflation and reinstitute local controls.

colecrowe
01-05-2008, 01:35 AM
Is the titans vs chargers a big deal?

That's at 4:30 - 7:30

Probably not with people you can hope will go to a primary vote.

TheIndependent
01-05-2008, 01:39 AM

If this is promoted well enough, I think the locals can be persuaded away from a playoff game that doesn't involve the New England Patriots.

Paulfan05
01-05-2008, 01:55 AM
Is ron pauls own forum at the same time as the fox one?

B9vot3r
01-05-2008, 01:59 AM
hell yes! this sounds pricey, but it lives up to the boldness that we expect at the grassroots level. Lets get-it'on!

Suzu
01-05-2008, 02:36 AM
So this hour won't be televised nationally, and the FOX one will, right?

rwl4
01-05-2008, 03:18 AM
Yeah, but his goal is to win NH right now. The result of winning or at least doing very well in NH would be the rest of the country really looking seriously at him. 10% in Iowa got people's attention, 30% in NH would gain a lot of support.

Micahyah
01-05-2008, 03:29 AM
yeah, hopefully a local affiliate spot won't be THAT pricey, and if he does well in the debate tomorrow, he can seal the deal with his TV spot and hopefully finish at least a strong 3rd.

Taco John
01-05-2008, 03:53 AM

Not in New Hampshire it won't be.

Ron LOL
01-05-2008, 03:59 AM
The campaign needs to PUSH VERY HARD to get CNN to pick up this broadcast.

0zzy
01-05-2008, 04:01 AM
The campaign needs to PUSH VERY HARD to get CNN to pick up this broadcast.

That'd be pricey, but it is a Sunday isn't?

RickyJ
01-05-2008, 04:23 AM

Will this be broadcast nationally? I hope so, Ron Paul needs to be heard in Super Tuesday states if he is going to win this thing.

microsect
01-05-2008, 05:37 AM

I'm going to watch both.

DowntownGator
01-05-2008, 06:17 AM
Ron Paul should buy up some commercial time during the debate while he's at it!!!

Kingfisher
01-05-2008, 06:52 AM
Ron Paul should buy up some commercial time during the debate while he's at it!!!

Absolutely!!

ExpatinArgentina
01-05-2008, 07:01 AM

Ideally, he should buy up commercial time on Fox and talk about being excluded amongst other issues, but I doubt Fox will allow him to buy anything during that time.

MN Patriot
01-05-2008, 07:23 AM
Will this be broadcast nationally? I hope so, Ron Paul needs to be heard in Super Tuesday states if he is going to win this thing.

Just put it on YouTube and all the other video web sites. Bypass the mainstream media propaganda machine.

The great thing about the internet, you aren't a slave to the clock. That is what teevee does to you, forces you to drop everything when "your show" is on (unless you have tivo, vcr, etc)

The internet is liberating us from the mainstream media propaganda.

Beyond Good & Evil
01-05-2008, 09:24 AM

The Chargers are heavy favorites, and would play the Colts next weekend. New England fans would be more interested in watching the Jacksonville/Pittsburgh game to see their next opponent. I don't think it would pull that much audience away.

Meiun
01-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Fox is TOO SMALL FOR PAUL! - I say dis the Faux's even if we do get invited.

jillian
01-05-2008, 10:16 AM
up, up, and away

ErikBlack
01-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Is Ron Paul's hour at the SAME TIME as the Fox news forum? If so this is a HORRIBLE IDEA! The only people watching will be Ron Paul supporters. Voters who are undecided are not going to choose to watch Ron Paul and miss the other candidates. In my opinion it should be before or after the Fox news debate, not at the same time. It doesn't do any good to preach to the choir. I'm not certain it is at the same time since I don't know what time the Fox debate is. Could someone who knows this information post? Thanks.

enjerth
01-05-2008, 03:10 PM
I think it would be GREAT to have an hour long TV spot just before the Fox forum and a rally during the forum.

Fox said they were in a trailer. Does anyone know if it would be possible to have a rally march to the trailer?

RSLudlum
01-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Do you think it would be too much to put the YouTube: Soldier's testimonial on the War, Ron Paul, Huckabee & McCain on the TV spot???

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=75213

Hardrock
01-05-2008, 09:51 PM
This is good strategy for RP, assuming it is either before or after the Faux debacle.

However, it would be absolute suicide for any other candidate to try it..........

Can you imagine McHickaRombee doin' the chicken dance the day after????

"Well, you specifically said on Faux, your position was.....XXXX, and not more than 25 minutes earlier/later, on another channel, you said your position was.....XXX. Can you explain the descrepancy?" Haaa, Haaa, Haaa!

Of course when you speak the truth, there's little clarification needed.

No worries for Ron Paul!!