PDA

View Full Version : Unique ad for WA State - who wants to help?

surf
01-05-2008, 12:44 AM
Does anyone know of an individual or group that is working on an ad to run between the caucuses and the primary?

As you guys know, it's a 10-day period when we have the chance to hammer home to all democrats (that didn't caucus) that their democratic vote is worthless in the primary and the only pro-peace candidate they can vote for (and have it count) is Ron.

ChickenHawk
01-05-2008, 12:52 AM
You have to be careful with this. If you openly go after democrats it will likely be a huge turn off for the GOP voters that you really need. I also question whether Democrats will really vote for the most right wing GOP candidate that there is. I suppose you might get the Democrats that are anti-establishment just for the sake of it.

rtil
01-05-2008, 01:08 AM
I'm not sure how effective that would be. Most democrats I know wouldn't vote for a republican just because they're so hard-set on not voting republican. Even in an open primary. I'm focusing on being a PC.

surf
01-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the perspective and feedback.

I'd say that just about everyone that i am dragging with me to my precinct caucus, along with the PCO's i've converted and those that will trek to their caucus meetings on our behalf, are generally democrat supporters first - i'm not surrounded by republicans here.

This part of the state is very blue (moreso in Seattle) - even though Reichert is my representative (Reichert is also the Wa campaign director for Rudy). That's why i see this as an opportunity to go after democratic voters for the primary election (almost 1/2 our delegates) - they are much more plentiful and much less steadfast in their neocon beliefs than active republicans here.