PDA

View Full Version : TV ads running in NH currently

Liberty Star
01-05-2008, 12:03 AM
Anyone from NH here knows how many and which RP TV ads are currently running in NH?

LiveFreeorDie
01-05-2008, 12:05 AM
TV ads are useless. Romney proved that in Iowa.

Few people watch TV ads these days. Old people get their news from local newspapers. Young kids don't watch TV. Most everyone else skips commercials with TiVO or DVR.

Geronimo
01-05-2008, 12:05 AM
Last one I saw was the illegal immigration one (yesterday)

I don't watch much tv.

tsetsefly
01-05-2008, 12:06 AM
radio ads and newspapers reach voters, imo... but tv ads help with name recognition, which we dont have...

jgmaynard
01-05-2008, 12:06 AM
I've been seeing the "Defender of Freedom" one running quite often during the Channel 9 news. Occasionally other times.

JM

Liberty Star
01-05-2008, 12:08 AM
Or newspaper ads.

Last one I saw was the illegal immigration one (yesterday)

I don't watch much tv.

They are still running that ad there? That's a risky gamble for NH.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-05-2008, 12:09 AM
Any other New Hampshire residents want to chime in?

scandinaviany3
01-05-2008, 12:19 AM

Few people watch TV ads these days. Old people get their news from local newspapers. Young kids don't watch TV. Most everyone else skips commercials with TiVO or DVR.

That is not true...sounds like our cell phone arguement.

i know from family in around texas they watch the ads and comment on them during elections....

Same was done for family around the country.

Not everyone is recording shows...some they want to see and not filter out.

LiveFreeorDie
01-05-2008, 12:23 AM
Not everyone is recording shows...some they want to see and not filter out.

I don't know anyone who watched commercials these days.

To spend $50-80,000 on a 30 sec. commercial when 50%+ will never see the ad, is insane. Not to mention production costs, etc.

I'd say, use the website, YouTube for clips and go print and direct mail with all other ads.

Liberty Star
01-05-2008, 12:25 AM

I won't go that far, Romney doesn't have a message, at least not the one that differentiates him from a dozen other candiadtes. I can cite TV ads that have made or broke elections also.

But I agree, they are not a miracle pill but a smartly targetted ad can be potent tool esp for a relatively lesser known candidate. Newspaper , radio ads do the same, but a clear and better message is the main victor and not the medium of message itself.

cien750hp
01-05-2008, 12:26 AM
i think tv ads are becoming increasingly ineffective, not only because of tivo but because of the writers strike. all the good prime time shows are reruns now, so i see they are running them during news, good. they shouldn't be wasting money on them for primetime slots

Ron2Win
01-05-2008, 12:31 AM
For us this is a sprint, Feb 5th is 4 weeks from now.

We need to get some Avaroth videos on cheap infomercials.

The why is the key.