PDA

View Full Version : If we weren't waiting for money bombs we'd raise 500k+ per day

jrich4rpaul
01-04-2008, 11:56 PM
Instead we choose to hold our funds because

1) "It gets us media attention"
It already has, twice, and it's old news. And they only cover the moneybomb stories for a couple days anyway.

2) People only want to donate if everyone else does

It's too late for money bombs.

Too late

This is not May. This is not 2007. It is 4 weeks from Super Tuesday and the campaign needs money to run nationwide ads.

Wake up before ignorance stops what we've worked so hard for dead in it's tracks.

I believe that in the next 24 hours, if everyone who's holding out for another moneybomb threw in whatever extra cash they have on them at this time, we'd have over 500k by midnight tomorrow. Same for the next day, and the day after.

Then we'd make daily headlines.

newmedia4ron
01-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Time to to focus on NH

Money is not the problem right now.

Its time to make sure we maximize voter turnout for NH.

Money will come if we make Ron Paul get third or higher.

crink
01-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Money makes the world go 'round.... sadly

LiveFreeorDie
01-05-2008, 12:01 AM
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_this_month.png

TwiLeXia
01-05-2008, 12:04 AM
Wow... Iowa really did Huckabee a lot of good.

Oliver
01-05-2008, 12:05 AM
This is not May. This is not 2007. It is 4 weeks from Super Tuesday and the campaign needs money to run nationwide ads.

Wake up before ignorance stops what we've worked so hard for dead in it's tracks.

+1 And quite frankly, sometimes I think that the
10 Moneybomb ideas are traps set by Hucks "army".

Oliver
01-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Wow... Iowa really did Huckabee a lot of good.

Exactly. That's why we need a similar success to
finally break through the "dark horse" barrier OFFLINE.

davidt!
01-05-2008, 12:08 AM
Who said not to donate now?

Elwar
01-05-2008, 12:10 AM
Problem is, a lot of people like a gimmick to encourage them to donate. They want to be a part of something big.

People who have the money will only hold off shortly before the bomb if they were going to donate anyway.

However, a lot of people go out of their way (ebay, spare change, etc) to raise money so that they can be part of the money bomb.

I've only donated on a whim a few times, and the rest of the time I wasn't waiting for the money bombs, I probably wouldn't have donated that much if it weren't for the bombs.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-05-2008, 12:14 AM

It already has, twice, and it's old news. And they only cover the moneybomb stories for a couple days anyway.

Too late

I believe that in the next 24 hours, if everyone who's holding out for another moneybomb threw in whatever extra cash they have on them at this time, we'd have over 500k by midnight tomorrow. Same for the next day, and the day after.

My thoughts EXACTLY...

We are passed money bombs now. It should be up to the individual donor. Collective group efforts aren't necessary any more. I truly believe that.

ronpaulitician
01-05-2008, 12:15 AM
I'm donating $25 every Friday, and $1 for every percentage point Paul gets in any of the primaries.

Spirit of '76
01-05-2008, 12:16 AM

Too late

I agree wholeheartedly. A lot of the people complaining about the official campaign not spending the money we've sent need to understand that because of these moneybombs, the campaign has no basis on which to budget its spending.

A steady flow of income would allow them to budget their funds and plan for the future, but because they never know how much is going to come in. And when big bucks do roll in, it's not on a day that the campaign has picked as being as being an important fundraising milestone.

So basically, anyone promoting moneybombs has little right to complain about the campaign's apparent slack in spending the money we've sent so far.

smartguy911
01-05-2008, 12:19 AM

Too late

AMEN..we need money now. set up 4 money bombs if you want..Jan 10, Jan 15, Jan 20, Jan 25 or SIMPLY JUST SIGN UP WITH "RON PAUL PAY DAY" :D. Donate now.

WE NEED TO RESERVE SPOTS ON TV, PAPER, RADIO NOW. WE CAN'T WAIT TILL MID JAN TO RESERVE SPOTS FOR ADVERTISING.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-05-2008, 12:23 AM
I agree wholeheartedly. A lot of the people complaining about the official campaign not spending the money we've sent need to understand that because of these moneybombs, the campaign has no basis on which to budget its spending.

A steady flow of income would allow them to budget their funds and plan for the future, but because they never know how much is going to come in. And when big bucks do roll in, it's not on a day that the campaign has picked as being as being an important fundraising milestone.

So basically, anyone promoting moneybombs has little right to complain about the campaign's apparent slack in spending the money we've sent so far.

So true.... Money bombs are not needed any more. I encourage all to donate whenever possible. Don't hold out for anymore dates. Strategies change, and this is one that definitely needs to change on a grassroots level.

Cimbri
01-05-2008, 12:24 AM
If everyone of the 100,000+ people who already donated just kept this pace we would be on track to meet the target of $23 million.

davidt!
01-05-2008, 12:24 AM
I am donating every payday. Have also pledged for benfranklin and for freeatlast money bombs. If you can donate now then yes we need to.

jrich4rpaul
01-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Personally I donate every payday (MY payday, not the website).

I figure out my pay, what I need for bills and food, then donate the remainder.

I like to save money, but I've put that on hold until after the election. Some things are more important than buying nice things for myself.

coboman
01-05-2008, 12:32 AM
I think the current base of supporters are done donating.

The "PayDay" was today, Friday, and they raised less than $10,000. It was supposed to be a $500,000 moneybomb and we ended with a regular daily donation of $60,000.

I don't know the number of pledges for Benjamin's Moneybomb, because they are not listed in their site.
But the Martin Luther King bomb has 3,500 pledges for $10 (ten dollars? Must be a typo). Applying the growth of pledges, and the factor of pledges vs actual donations, etc. etc. It looks like a regular 30 Nov, 31 Dec. moneybomb. That is around $500,000.

So, it is 1.5 million in regular donations (50,000 every day for 30 days).
And around 1 extra million with the big moneybombs.

All in all, I don't see any way of raising more than 3 million this month. 23 million is absolutely out of the question with the current base of donors.

We need to win NH, or do something spectacular to bring new donors.

Mark37snj
01-05-2008, 12:34 AM
All these posts and not ONE person put up a link to Ron Pauls Payday. :rolleyes:

http://www.ronpaulspayday.com/

coboman
01-05-2008, 12:44 AM
All these posts and not ONE person put up a link to Ron Pauls Payday. :rolleyes:

http://www.ronpaulspayday.com/

I believe the concept already proved its inefficacy. Maybe it is the lack of exposure, but I think it is the lack of appeal.

The moneybombs were big and glamorous. There is no fun in giving money every Friday, specially to an incompetent campaign that asked for 12 million to win two states. And given almost 20 million has already lost one.

Mark37snj
01-05-2008, 12:47 AM
I believe the concept already proved its inefficacy. Maybe it is the lack of exposure, but I think it is the lack of appeal.

The moneybombs were big and glamorous. There is no fun in giving money every Friday, specially to an incompetent campaign that asked for 12 million to win two states. And given almost 20 million has already lost one.

Yup, but Im getting tired of sifting through all the different donation ideas and bombs waiting for this board to make up its mind. I Plan on signing on next week. Also, does anyone have any info on that Marine who was sending care packages to Iraq. I donated last time and would like to do again but cant find the site? My email conformation just takes me to ChipIn.