PDA

View Full Version : Would like thoughts on

Informed Dissent
07-17-2007, 04:56 PM
What you guys think about this guy (Tucker) and if you honestly believe that what he says is legitimate because honestly, it scares me, yet people take it as fact daily and refuse to listen to what he and his guests are saying. So I'd like to hear what you all have to say about it if you have the time

Video- Tucker: Muslim Congressman Compares Bush to Hitler (http://houston911truth.org/2007/07/17/video-tucker-muslim-congressman-compares-bush-to-hitler/)

Kuldebar
07-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Tucker is paying homage to his beginnings but intellectually he is a drift and mostly a supporter of the status quo.

He still sees things in Red and Blue and not in any principled way...

One only has to watch his statements in the segments leading up to his time with Ron Paul (when Paul is scheduled) to discover Tucker's lack of intellectual integrity.

LibertyBelle
07-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Tucker is paying homage to his beginnings but intellectually he is a drift and mostly a supporter of the status quo.

He still sees things in Red and Blue and not in any principled way...

One only has to watch his statements in the segments leading up to his time with Ron Paul (when Paul is scheduled) to discover Tucker's lack of intellectual integrity.

You said it! I noticed that.

As for the Hitler remark by that Congressman, many people have said that. Torture advocated, Homeland Security (Germany had Fatherland Security), lying about reason for going to war and then invading country that is no threat to us, Patriot Acts (Germany had something similar), handing over authority to declare war to prez, etc. People being called unAmerican for criticizing the status quo.... Yep, sounds Hitleresque.

phillip
07-18-2007, 02:20 AM
well i got about halfway through the first vid, and remembered why i dont watch TV. I cant believe that a year or so ago, i would have listened to this nonsense, and actually tried to base an opinion on it. there are sooo many quotes in this video that are misleading to the average listener, who doesn't understand the way that our system works. first and foremost, if you compare hitler and bush, there are quite a few similarities, a google search will give you plenty of results. the enabling act resembles the mca and the patriot act, the Reichstag and 9/11, the DHLS the gestapo, the wars, i mean its pretty obvious if you have any knowledge of Hitlers rise to power, and the present state of affairs here. of course they dismiss it as if it were absurd, but, thats what they do.
they go on to talk about globalization, and the erosion of the middle class, and the fact that if you are poor, you just have to work harder now, and then the lady says,

"...people don't really know why. And I don't think that this president has done a good job addressing the middle class in this country, and I think dems are obviously obliged to try to figure it out and rectify it."

this statement is ridiculous. people do know why, its called inflation, the value of our money going down. the fed doesn't report the m3 anymore, so we have no real way to track it. it illustrates the flawed two party system in action. two sides of a coin. the republicans didn't do it, now trust the democrats, riiiight. to me it nearly makes me nauseous to watch, journalism is supposed to be a watchdog for the people, now it has turned into state propaganda, and there are so many people out there who take this garbage for truth, its really sad.

Go Dr. No!!!

Shellshock1918
07-18-2007, 09:06 AM
it scares me,

I'm sure everything scares you...

Informed Dissent
07-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Looks like Hannity and The Hack decided to jump on board!

http://houston911truth.org/2007/07/18/how-the-news-works-from-tucker-to-hannity-and-the-liberal/

glts
07-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Tucker along with Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, ORielly, etc. are actors. I feel that they are hired to play a role for the American people. The role is to play the side that is suppose to the be new conservative voice of America. If you are a "real" conservative you will believe what Beck, etc. believes. If you believe anything different you are a fringe or extremist. I believe Tucker along with the other talking heads and the left have their actors as well, are all part of the propaganda machine. Propaganda of talking heads = If you believe anything outside of the two boxes we have created for you then you are a nut so get back in line.

The talking heads probably don't even know that they were hired to play a role. Some probably do like Hannity. His change has been too extreme for him not to be aware of it. I remember when Hannity and Colmes was first on. Hannity was SO great. Then over time he changed. While he did say some conservative things other times it was obvious that he wasn't what he seemed. I don't know if anyone is old enough to have seen an old movie called Brotherhood of the Bell. It was a black and white movie that starred Glen Ford. You can see it on Youtube in about 10 clips. It only aired on TV I believe once. Glen Ford plays a man that discovers that everything he has accomplished all his life hasn't been because he accomplished them. The jobs, promotions, & awards he has gotten have been arraigned for him. One day this hidden hand in his life comes and tells him to do something he doesn't want to do. The reason I mention this movie is because I think men like Tucker and others in the media as well as people in politics like Hillary, Giuliani, and hundreds more are where they are not because of any great intellect or talent they have. They are where they are because someone is behind the scenes pulling the strings and making sure they say and do what they want them to say and do.