PDA

View Full Version : Just got my numbers from the campaign

andrewgreve
07-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Time to start making some calls!

E-mail they sent (phone numbers were attacked in an Excel spreadsheet file):

Thank you so much for helping us with the Call Iowa program. Here are some simple guidelines to follow:

· Please be polite, respectful, and friendly. Please remember that your behavior reflects on Congressman Paul. DO NOT get drawn into arguments or allow yourself to be provoked. A simple "Thank you for your time. Have a nice day," will get you out of any conversation politely.

· There is a sample script provided below, but we encourage you to speak from the heart. The passion that people have for Dr. Paul is what makes our campaign so special and allowing that to come across over the phone is what will make these calls so effective. There's no need to be nervous. Keep in mind that you are talking about a person and ideas that you truly believe in, so you can't go wrong. If anyone asks a question that you are unsure of the answer to, always direct them to the website for more info.

· Please make sure to let people know that you are a volunteer, not a paid staff member. We want people to understand that you are a real supporter of Ron Paul and that you and hundreds of other people like you are giving their time to support him.

· The goal of these calls is to get people to the Straw Poll, so please make sure to hit important points like the time and date, and encourage people to go to the website to RSVP. The most important thing you can do is direct people to our website at www.ronpaul2008.com and ask them to go to the straw poll and vote for Congressman Paul.

Sample script:

Hi, Mr. /Mrs. _________________. My name is ____________ and I am a volunteer calling in support of Congressman Ron Paul. He is running for president and we would like to invite you to join us at the Iowa Straw Poll in Ames on Saturday, August 11th from 10 am to 6 pm. Ron Paul is currently in his 10th term in Congress, and has proven to be committed to lowering taxes and protecting individuals' rights. We would really appreciate your support. Why don't you check out his website at www.ronpaul2008.com? You can learn all about him and his positions. If you believe in Congressare interested in supporting Ron Paul the best way to do it is to vote for Ron Paul at the Straw Poll. The way to do that is to go to the website and click the Iowa icon at the top of the page. We hope you can join us, and we appreciate your time.

Instructions

Open the attached file. This is the call sheet you will work from. You can either work in front of your computer or print out the attached sheet and move somewhere else to make your phone calls. Just go down the list and call each person one at a time. You will have the city, county, gender, and birthdate information for each person you call, so you will have an idea of who the person is before you call. If you get an answering machine you can simply leave a message that covers all the info in the sample script above. The last column on the call sheet is labeled "code." Please enter one of the following numbers to indicate the outcome of the call:

1 – positive response, person seemed interested

2 – neutral response, person was neither interested not disinterested

3 – negative response, person was not at all interested

4 – left a message

5 – no answer

6 – phone number was invalid or did not work

When you have completed your calls please e-mail the sheet back to calliowa@ronpaul2008.com with the word "RETURN" in the subject line. If you would like to make more calls please let us know how many in the body of the e-mail. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you again for your patience and your help.

Heather Olson

Field Coordinator, Iowa

Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee

ghemminger
07-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Bump

njandrewg
07-17-2007, 04:57 PM
that script looks pretty meh...I think Ron Paul supporters are informed enough, that you can call and say something along the lines: "whats your biggest issue in this election?" then say Ron Paul's position and tell them why he is voting that way. Then send them to the website to learn about other issues

tiznow
07-17-2007, 05:03 PM
yeah i'm not a big fan of beating the website over their head alot of people you call won't even be internet literate.

Lord Xar
07-17-2007, 05:05 PM
hahaha.. You would think that they would ALSO include doc of the issues and where he stands.. as denoted on his website.... just so the callers have it handy.

trust me.. there first concern will be the war, their second - illegal immigration. Trust me.

Get wise to these two issues. FOREIGN POLICY and ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION --- also, Ron Paul JUST introduced a new amendment to the constitution: HJ Res 46 that prohibits birthright citizenship from parents who are not legal. Basically, ending anchor babies. Get informed on this issue too. He also supports National Guard army and national guard airforce on the border...

LibertyEagle
07-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Hasn't he also mentioned using our military on the border?

Lord Xar
07-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Hasn't he also mentioned using our military on the border?

Well, the verdict is out on this... I haven't been able to get a clear verification of this as he doesn't talk about it much... which I think is a HUGE mistake... illegal immigration is a HUGE problem... all over the country, and he is letting Tancredo and now Thompson steal ALOT of his donations/votes.. I am very involved in the community against illegal immigration and many many of them look towards tancredo. So, I have checked around and I can't seem to get a definitive idea WHO and to what extent he will secure the border with. I know he will allow national guard army and airforce.. but like I said, other than that.. I don't know.. his site says "enforce existing laws and do whatever it takes to enforce that border......"

I am sorta bummed because I went with Ron Paul initially because he was very strong against illegal immigration... but to me, he just isn't talking about it... and that is sorta affecting me, and many many others..

LibertyEagle
07-17-2007, 05:27 PM
I agree that he badly needs to push this issue. I simply do not understand why he has not.

FreedomLover
07-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Does the national hq have any estimate on how many people have thus far signed up to either Call Iowans or RSVP for the Straw Poll?

Mesogen
07-17-2007, 06:17 PM
If he's going to talk about immigration he needs to take a different tack and make the issue his by saying that it is just one symptom of the current downward spiral of the US. Tie it to NAFTA because it's tied to NAFTA. Say, "See this is what you get with govt managed trade." Tie it to the NAU. Bring up the Amero. That's the key, to tie it into the bigger picture and show people that he has a comprehensive plan to deal with all of this. It's not just a matter of illegal immigrants taking jobs and social services and not paying taxes. It's a symptom of a much larger problem.

LibertyEagle
07-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Yes, Mesogen, but he cannot say all that adequately in a sound byte. That would be great for a much longer interview. In the meantime, no one but his die hard supporters knows he takes a tough stance against illegal immigration. We are losing out on a lot of votes! Illegal immigration is a VERY hot issue.

Suzu
07-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Does the national hq have any estimate on how many people have thus far signed up to either Call Iowans or RSVP for the Straw Poll?

I wish I knew. I haven't got my list yet. I told them I could call at least 100 people. Twice.

BTW in the OP there is something wrong with the copy/paste job or with the original text, it says

"If you believe in Congressare interested in supporting Ron Paul the best way to do it is to vote for Ron Paul at the Straw Poll"

what does this mean???

Lord Xar
07-17-2007, 06:39 PM
If he's going to talk about immigration he needs to take a different tack and make the issue his by saying that it is just one symptom of the current downward spiral of the US. Tie it to NAFTA because it's tied to NAFTA. Say, "See this is what you get with govt managed trade." Tie it to the NAU. Bring up the Amero. That's the key, to tie it into the bigger picture and show people that he has a comprehensive plan to deal with all of this. It's not just a matter of illegal immigrants taking jobs and social services and not paying taxes. It's a symptom of a much larger problem.

well sure... BUT we can wax poetic about what angle he should choose, the problem is he AIN'T picking an angle. All I know is that he is loosing valuable donors/votes to other less experienced candidates because he is just simply not even talking about it TILL he is asked... to me, he needs to be a little strong on the subject..... not sure WHO is giving him advice... but only time will tell.. we still have a ways to go..

goldenequity
07-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Just sent my request for a list of Iowans.

FYI:

Your Name
Your Email
Your Location
group or single volunteer

This will be fun....let's swamp Iowa with calls.:)

Electric Church
07-17-2007, 07:26 PM
bump

Dave
07-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Just sent my request for a list of Iowans.

FYI:

Your Name
Your Email
Your Location
group or single volunteer

This will be fun....let's swamp Iowa with calls.:)

Golden,

Oops! Gotta send your message to calliowa@ronpaul2008.com!

Johnnybags
07-17-2007, 07:33 PM
after you begin calling people, it would be nice to get a feel for feedback to see what kinda mood they are in in Iowa. If you do 101 I'd love a general concensus on how many actually know of him.

ecliptic
07-17-2007, 07:36 PM
... the problem is he AIN'T picking an angle.
Not true anymore - the bill mentioned ending "birthright citizenship" is THE angle. This is a HUGE step towards solving the underlying problem - economic incentives to cross the border illegally. This is the correct approach - not building huge expensive walls or lining up thousands of "sentries" like some kind of prison. This should allow for a very sensible stance that no other candidate can match. Does anyone have info on that new bill?