PDA

View Full Version : Inside the mind of a Huck Supporter

Tyler19
01-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Hubby and I were watching FOXNEWS when Rush called in. He told Susan Estrich that he knew why she wanted Huckabee to win. Because, Huckabee represents everything the religious right stands for and she wants the chance to take them down.

I know my Bible. I know we are in the end times. I have been asking God what having a chance to elect such a strong Christian could possibly mean during this time. After Rush's comment, it hit me Many years ago an evangelist told our church that if America didn't change her ways; God owed Sodom and Gomorrah an apology. Maybe God is giving America one last chance before He calls His children home.

When Mike Huckabee goes up against the Dems in November; Americans will have the chance to vote. There will be a clear line drawn. We will get to decide whether we want to be on the right side or on the left side.

I don't know about anyone else, but, I'm staying as FAR right as I can possibly get. Because Acts 27:25 (KJV) "Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me."
Matthew 25:34 (KJV) "Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:"
Matthew 25:41 (KJV) "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:"
/Quote

Who has the wacko supporters again?

Source: hxxp://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5751&start=0

Fox McCloud
01-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Wow, that's really sad....

As a believer in Christ who also thinks the end times are near, I'm even MORE inclined not to vote for Huckabee (not that I'd vote for him anyway....because, if it wasn't for Ron, I would be staying home this election cycle). Ron stands against one world government, and stands for freedom and liberty, he's a believer in Christ himself, he understands the Constitution...etc.

A lot of Christians like to throw these verses at people:

Romans 13:1-2

"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whoever therefore resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation".

what they fail to read is the verse that precedes it:

Romans 12:21 "be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good".

people like to apply the "higher powers" to our leaders....I'm sorry, but our leaders are not higher power...they're simply our servants and representatives. The "higher powers" in this country are 3 documents: the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights.

of course, Satan and men both have twisted the meaning of this scripture and used it as an excuse to say "see, you need to obey our leader, my Bible says you'll be damned if you don't"...when, in reality, it's the leaders themselves who are damning their own selves for disrespecting the "higher powers" (the Constitution, Bill of Rights, etc).

This country has zero chances of repenting or turning back to the Lord under Mike Huckabee....under Ron Paul? I don't know the chances, but yes, there is a chance.....with any other candidate? Nope.

It's heart-breaking, at times, to see fellow Christians misinterpreting their own Bible, acting hypocritical, and not seeing the light that is right before their eyes.....

I honestly believe the Lord has given us Ron Paul as our "last chance"....just as he gave the Romans Cicero.

Ron Paul constantly says that "The Republican party has lost their way"; I agree 100%....but Christians themselves, have also lost their way.

edit: also, that's gross misinterpretation of those scripture verses. The Bible merely uses the term "left hand" to represent evil and the term "right hand" to represent good...it has absolutely nothing to do with politics...

jstmike
01-04-2008, 11:51 PM
I think they should look at this verse and see what the root issue was:

Ezekiel 16:49-50 "Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy. (50) "Thus they were haughty and committed abominations before Me. Therefore I removed them when I saw it.

huchahucha
01-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Inside the mind of a Huck Supporter

Don't be silly, Huck supporters don't have minds.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

thisisgiparti
01-05-2008, 12:13 AM
Really, evangelical Christians want freedom to practice their first amendment rights and be left in peace. In a perfect world, there would be no clash between their values, lifestyle and beliefs, which was the intent of our founding fathers.

I am not saying this country was founded by Christians, only that religious freedom was a priority. True Christian principles are good guidance. Loving thy neighbor, the golden rule, thou shalt not kill - who can argue with these?

The real attraction for Huckabee is that he claims to share their beliefs and is trustworthy. For now. He is dead meat in a general election.

Since the beginning of the campaign, people have been told constantly that Ron Paul has no chance of winning. Though well-intentioned, even his own supporters believe this. It's the grassroots and official campaigns' job to convince voters otherwise. Marginalizing the Huckabee supporters is a mistake. We should be reaching out to everyone.