PDA

View Full Version : Benjamin Franklin Cash Shocker is official

adwads
01-04-2008, 10:48 PM
www.benjaminsforpaul.com

Donate a benjamin ($100) on Jan. 17

There's no need to be exclusive...you can still do the MLK moneybomb also, but the Franklin one is a good alternative to the MLK one.

mexicanpizza
01-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Why are there so many money bombs? Serious question?

jake
01-04-2008, 10:50 PM

because everyone is free to make them. at this point, multiple moneybombs are fine, the campaign needs a steady flow of $ so I would not be worried about the number of moneybombs too much.

LibertyEagle
01-04-2008, 10:51 PM
We need some banners for this, so people can spread them around.

adwads
01-04-2008, 10:51 PM
The Franklin moneybomb is a good alternative to the MLK moneybomb...the MLK moneybomb might offend people in the South. There are a lot of controversies about MLK.

The League of the South (dixienet.org) has a big Ron Paul banner on the front of its webpage.

I think possibly alienating southern voters would be a big mistake.

Mark37snj
01-04-2008, 10:55 PM

Because thats the way Grassroots works. Everybody can offer ideas, they get debated, the best ones get accepted and the rest get trounced. Of all the new money bomb ideas the Benjamin Franklin more than seems to have the most support. I already joined, others will join and promote it, and we will set another record...Free Market at its best. :D

adwads
01-04-2008, 11:01 PM
I was also kind of thinking that it might be a good idea to have moneybombs to support grassroots projects, but I'm not sure people would give as much if it wasn't to an official source.

jake
01-04-2008, 11:02 PM
I was also kind of thinking that it might be a good idea to have moneybombs to support grassroots projects, but I'm not sure people would give as much if it wasn't to an official source.

promoted properly, yes it would have the support. someone just has to take the reigns and "get it done"

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-04-2008, 11:04 PM
There seems to be a lot of division amongst supporters over the MLK Day moneybomb. While MLK was great on racial equality, he was very anti-libertarian/communist/statist in his views on government. There's the chance that we could be seen as taking advantage of a civil rights leader's legacy who didn't even hold the same views on government as Dr. Paul. Also, Ron needs the money sooner rather than later, and the 21st might be too late to buy advertising time for 2/5.

Yom
01-04-2008, 11:17 PM
The MLK one is about number of donors, not so much maximizing how much is made on that day. It's only a $10 dollar donation, so while it'll help in reaching $23 million, it's more useful in its publicity. Benjamins for Paul is earlier and all about the money (hopefully $100 minimum per donor). We should encourage both, but I doubt any other money bombs before the 5th are going to get any traction. So let's just promote these two hard!

BTW, MLK's moneybomb is all about his message of freedom, ignoring his statist views and focusing more on the general message of liberty and justice for all.

rainman39393
01-04-2008, 11:19 PM
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4690/benpm4.jpg

Think12345
01-04-2008, 11:29 PM
why doesn't it show the number of pledges?

Menthol Patch
01-06-2008, 04:48 PM
bump1

Mark37snj
01-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Blimp

hotbrownsauce
01-06-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm only supporting the MLK day bomb, as most people are. Thanks, and sorry.

blakjak
01-06-2008, 05:00 PM
why doesn't it show the number of pledges?

good question

european
01-06-2008, 05:04 PM
it does show the number of pledges...
its right under the amount of visits...
can you see that one?

1913_to_2008
01-06-2008, 05:08 PM
All thes money bombs are going to fuc# things up. Do not do this unless the majority support it. You will just give us bad press.

european
01-06-2008, 05:11 PM
All thes money bombs are going to fuc# things up. Do not do this unless the majority support it. You will just give us bad press.

there is only 1 huge money bomb to be honest.
benjamsforpaul aims at a huge fundraising and asks people to pledge for 100 dollar.
the mlk days website asks for a symbolic 10 dollar and to get people out on the streets.
the paydays are to get regular funding with a weekly 25 dollar.

please read the websites and see the differences.

Electric Church
01-06-2008, 07:34 PM

to insure that there is not gonna be another successful moneybomb

literatim
01-06-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm only supporting the MLK day bomb, as most people are. Thanks, and sorry.

Actually, most people aren't.

Electric Church
01-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Actually, most people aren't.

Totally untrue. At least tell the truth about the MLK moneybomb. Truth is what this campaign should be all about. Most are supporting the MLK moneybomb.

Stats earlier today:

MLK Moneybomb

Site Visits: 5730
Pledges: 4,230
73.3 % of those who have visited the site have pledged
diggs: 570

Benjamin moneybomb

Site Visits: 3461
Pledges: 229
6.6 % of those who have visited the site have pledged
diggs: none mentioned

Alternative media is behind Trevor's MLK moneybomb.

Regarding the mainstream establishment and establishment hacks, I wonder which moneybomb they would fear the most?

literatim
01-06-2008, 07:53 PM
There is zero evidence that Trevor is behind it other than someone stuck his email at the bottom.

Electric Church
01-06-2008, 07:56 PM
There is zero evidence that Trevor is behind it other than someone stuck his email at the bottom.

That's also totally untrue. You were already caught lying once there's no need for me to expose you again

adwads
01-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Totally untrue. At least tell the truth about the MLK moneybomb. Truth is what this campaihn should be all about. Most are supporting the MLK moneybomb.

Stats earlier today:

MLK Moneybomb

Site Visits: 5730
Pledges: 4,230
73.3 % of those who have visited the site have pledged
diggs: 570

Benjamin moneybomb

Site Visits: 3461
Pledges: 229
6.6 % of those who have visited the site have pledged
diggs: none mentioned

Alternative media is behind Trevor's MLK moneybomb.

Regarding the mainstream establishment and establishment hacks, I wonder which moneybomb they would fear the most?

The MLK moneybomb has been around a LOT longer than the Franklin money bomb, which is relatively new...I should know, I put it together with aspiringconstitutionalist and menthol patch.

It's not fair to compare the moneybomb pledges at this point.

literatim
01-06-2008, 07:57 PM
That's also totally untrue. You were already caught lying once there's no need for me to expose you again

Do it. I asked for official word from him in the official thread. I am still waiting.

Electric Church
01-06-2008, 07:59 PM
The MLK moneybomb has been around a LOT longer than the Franklin money bomb, which is relatively new.........

All the more reason to get behind it

Electric Church
01-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Do it.

Not interested

Look into the "perfect law of liberty", study it and then live by it.

literatim
01-06-2008, 08:02 PM
All the more reason to get behind it

Oh really? The fact that it is only up to 4,230 at $10 a pledge after all this time doesn't bother you?

Not interested

Look into the "perfect law of liberty", study it and then live by it.

:rolleyes:

Electric Church
01-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Oh really? The fact that it is only up to 4,230 at $10 a pledge after all this time doesn't bother you?

Not at all .... $10 is the minimum

The last record-breaking moneybomb average donation was $50

The Benny moneybomb is shooting for $100 per donation. That dollar figure alone, which will exclude a lot of folks, has deemed the project to failure, which is why establishment hacks are pushing it so hard.

Also, the MLK moneybomb if successful, could have a much broader effect than just bringing in money.

1) Could get the attention of Obama supporters (Establishment would hate that)
2) Will once and for all eliminate the race card (Establishment would hate that too)

DjLoTi
01-06-2008, 08:20 PM
I like the Benjamin idea better. It's less controversial and more catchy as well.

NerveShocker
01-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Bump for the money-bomb! We need a money-bomb soon to shut-down Huckabee's out raising us in the last week or so.

www.BenjaminsforPaul.com

Electric Church
01-06-2008, 08:29 PM
I like the Benjamin idea better. It's less controversial and more catchy as well.

Controversial? Everyone can be controversial. Benny was a slave trader http://www.pbs.org/benfranklin/l3_citizen_abolitionist.html That's one way ta get the black vote

and he used to do quite well with the ladies so I’ve been told.

DjLoTi
01-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Now it sounds like you're taking it personally. It almost sounds like you'd sabotage this money bomb to empower your own.

Electric Church
01-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Now it sounds like you're taking it personally. It almost sounds like you'd sabotage this money bomb to empower your own.

Nope. Have you not read all the derogatory posts about Dr King on this forum saying that it would be a disgrace to associate Dr King with Ron Paul? They say that Benjamin would be more appropriate because Mr. King would be too controversial as a womanizing commie. So I'm just offering a little balance

Jeremy
01-06-2008, 08:40 PM

this one is mine:

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/8573/ronpaulbenfranklin1hl8.jpg

I haven't gotten around to making smaller versions... not sure if I will

theres a hosted one on the site, let me know if you want the URL