PDA

View Full Version : Campaign - Call Iowans Program

JoshLowry
07-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Exciting news from Iowa! Many of you across the country have been asking how you can help in Iowa, and we're ready to take you up on it in a big way. We are officially launching our Call Iowa program today. We are asking for volunteers from Iowa and across the country to call Iowans and spread the word about the Straw Poll. We are excited about this opportunity to have Ron Paul supporters converse on a one-to-one basis with Iowans likely to be interested in attending the Straw Poll.

We are aware that some volunteers have begun calling people and trying to spread the word. While we appreciate everyone's initiative and support, the Call Iowa program is a great chance to volunteer with the official campaign and really be a part of the action! Many of you have already expressed interest in a program like this and we are grateful and excited for your help.

We invite you to contact us if you are interested in volunteering to call Iowans. You are also welcome to contact us on behalf of your group, if you have several local volunteers who are interested in working together on this. If you are interested in volunteering to call Iowans here's what to do:

Send an e-mail to calliowa@ronpaul2008.com (calliowa@ronpaul.com) providing us with the following information:

Your Name (ex. John Smith)

Your e-mail address (ex. myemail@emailsite.com (ronpaul@voteforronpaul.com))

Your location (ex. Cedar Rapids, IA)

How many people you are responding for (ex. 12). Please enter "1" if you are volunteering alone on this.

Approximately how many calls you think you and your group can reasonably handle in about one week's time. (ex. 150)

Once we get your response we will send you an e-mail with a list of people to call and a guide for calling. We will give you sample scripts if you feel you need them, plus a guideline of appropriate conduct and tone, and information that should be included in every call. We promise that this program is simple and user friendly for even the least computer-inclined. We are anticipating a large response to this, so you may not get a list from us immediately, but we will work hard to get to everyone as fast as possible. Everyone who wants to volunteer will absolutely have the chance to. There are approximately 1,500,000 registered voters in Iowa, so there are plenty of calls to be made!

Please note that this e-mail address is for our Call Iowa program ONLY. Because of the large response anticipated to this program we will only be able to respond to e-mails that provide only the above requested information or relevant questions. We are very excited to be able to get everyone involved on a national scale to help get out the vote in Iowa. We welcome everyone's help, even if you can only make a handful of phone calls. We are looking forward to hearing from everyone!

P.S. The first email that went out had the wrong info. Make sure that you sent your info to CallIowa@RonPaul2008.com

Joe Seehusen

Iowa State Coordinator

Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee

P.S. – Don't forget to go to www.ronpaul2008.com/events/iowa-straw-poll/ (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/events/iowa-straw-poll/) and RSVP for the Straw Poll if you haven't done so already!

drinkbleach
07-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Excellent news.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Just got an email from the campaign that it is underway and lists should be arriving in inboxes at any time. I hope it's true!

Dave
07-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Here it is:

Good news! The Call Iowa Program is officially underway!
We have obtained the contact information for all 2,080,000 registered Iowa voters and it has all been formatted and sorted.
For those of you that have already e-mailed us at calliowa@ronpaul2008.com , thank you! Your call lists are on their way. Look for them in your inbox very soon.
For those of you that haven't registered yet, send a message to calliowa@ronpaul2008.com with your name, e-mail address, and the number of calls you think you can reasonably make in a week, and we'll send you a call sheet, simple instructions, and a sample script.
You do not need to sit in front of your computer and log into a database to make these calls. It is really simple and we really appreciate your help!

Thanks again to everybody.

Heather Olson
Field Coordinator, Iowa

drinkbleach
07-17-2007, 04:35 PM
OK then. Will there be a script? Are there some guidelines? I'd like to know a little more about our "method". I don't want to break any laws when all call Average Joe.

ghemminger
07-17-2007, 04:51 PM
From andrewgreve

Just got my numbers from the campaign

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time to start making some calls!

E-mail they sent (phone numbers were attacked in an Excel spreadsheet file):

Thank you so much for helping us with the Call Iowa program. Here are some simple guidelines to follow:

· Please be polite, respectful, and friendly. Please remember that your behavior reflects on Congressman Paul. DO NOT get drawn into arguments or allow yourself to be provoked. A simple "Thank you for your time. Have a nice day," will get you out of any conversation politely.

· There is a sample script provided below, but we encourage you to speak from the heart. The passion that people have for Dr. Paul is what makes our campaign so special and allowing that to come across over the phone is what will make these calls so effective. There's no need to be nervous. Keep in mind that you are talking about a person and ideas that you truly believe in, so you can't go wrong. If anyone asks a question that you are unsure of the answer to, always direct them to the website for more info.

· Please make sure to let people know that you are a volunteer, not a paid staff member. We want people to understand that you are a real supporter of Ron Paul and that you and hundreds of other people like you are giving their time to support him.

· The goal of these calls is to get people to the Straw Poll, so please make sure to hit important points like the time and date, and encourage people to go to the website to RSVP. The most important thing you can do is direct people to our website at www.ronpaul2008.com and ask them to go to the straw poll and vote for Congressman Paul.

Sample script:

Hi, Mr. /Mrs. _________________. My name is ____________ and I am a volunteer calling in support of Congressman Ron Paul. He is running for president and we would like to invite you to join us at the Iowa Straw Poll in Ames on Saturday, August 11th from 10 am to 6 pm. Ron Paul is currently in his 10th term in Congress, and has proven to be committed to lowering taxes and protecting individuals' rights. We would really appreciate your support. Why don't you check out his website at www.ronpaul2008.com? You can learn all about him and his positions. If you believe in Congressare interested in supporting Ron Paul the best way to do it is to vote for Ron Paul at the Straw Poll. The way to do that is to go to the website and click the Iowa icon at the top of the page. We hope you can join us, and we appreciate your time.

Instructions

Open the attached file. This is the call sheet you will work from. You can either work in front of your computer or print out the attached sheet and move somewhere else to make your phone calls. Just go down the list and call each person one at a time. You will have the city, county, gender, and birthdate information for each person you call, so you will have an idea of who the person is before you call. If you get an answering machine you can simply leave a message that covers all the info in the sample script above. The last column on the call sheet is labeled "code." Please enter one of the following numbers to indicate the outcome of the call:

1 – positive response, person seemed interested

2 – neutral response, person was neither interested not disinterested

3 – negative response, person was not at all interested

4 – left a message

5 – no answer

6 – phone number was invalid or did not work

When you have completed your calls please e-mail the sheet back to calliowa@ronpaul2008.com with the word "RETURN" in the subject line. If you would like to make more calls please let us know how many in the body of the e-mail. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you again for your patience and your help.

Heather Olson

Field Coordinator, Iowa

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-18-2007, 06:54 AM
Scripts are very tricky things. By their nature, they sound wooden. But think back to the last telemarketing call you got. Didn't you hate it when the caller went rushing through a script and wouldn't let you get a word in edgewise?

This script looks like it got cut off in a part or two. Would anyone object if we threw around a few suggestions for scripts in this thread?

LibertyEagle
07-18-2007, 07:06 AM
Would anyone object if we threw around a few suggestions for scripts in this thread?

No. I think it is a great idea.

Note: I still haven't gotten my numbers yet.

sickmint79
07-18-2007, 09:50 AM
i am eagerly awaiting my email/script/numbers as well............!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-18-2007, 09:51 AM
I haven't received numbers yet either. And I have 20 Minnesotans who will call, so not sure what priority they're putting on these.

When I called, I was really off the cuff, "Hi Jane. My name is Scribbler. I'm a supporter of Ron Paul in Minnesota. Ron Paul is running for President and I wanted to see if I could answer any questions about him for you." It took off from there.

Just be sure, if they support Ron Paul, that you get them to go to the straw poll.

If they're unsure, point them to RonPaul2008.com or send them a DVD. If you don't have a DVD, email me their snail address and I'll send them one. (Others of you who have burned DVDs and are willing to pitch in, speak up. Not sure how many I can burn and mail.)

Slugg
07-18-2007, 10:37 AM
If they're unsure, point them to RonPaul2008.com or send them a DVD. If you don't have a DVD, email me their snail address and I'll send them one. (Others of you who have burned DVDs and are willing to pitch in, speak up. Not sure how many I can burn and mail.)

I was thinking about this, and if we donated DVD's or money (of course) to the Iowa foot patrol out there, couldn't they send out the DVD's based on caller feedback? This would get the info out to the voter quicker and keep you from having to burn/mail/burn/mail/burn/mail....

As I've said before, I am overseas and cannot help with the physical campaign...but the movement is welcome to any money I can spare. All we should need is one or two people to check the list of those who want a DVD (once every day or two) then mail 'em out (or go back and drop 'em off).

I have NO IDEA how many people are out there, so I am not even sure if something like this is possible.

I can't help but think that the DVD's are a key for many fence sitters or cynics.

EvoPro
07-18-2007, 10:58 AM
I haven't received numbers yet either. And I have 20 Minnesotans who will call, so not sure what priority they're putting on these.

The list is in an attatchment to the email with the script. At least it is with mine. The file was called I16.xls, you need a program that can read excel sheets.

Unless they just haven't sent you that email yet. Hopefully they do soon! :)

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-18-2007, 11:03 AM
I was thinking about this, and if we donated DVD's or money (of course) to the Iowa foot patrol out there, couldn't they send out the DVD's based on caller feedback? This would get the info out to the voter quicker and keep you from having to burn/mail/burn/mail/burn/mail....

As I've said before, I am overseas and cannot help with the physical campaign...but the movement is welcome to any money I can spare. All we should need is one or two people to check the list of those who want a DVD (once every day or two) then mail 'em out (or go back and drop 'em off).

I have NO IDEA how many people are out there, so I am not even sure if something like this is possible.

I can't help but think that the DVD's are a key for many fence sitters or cynics.

It would be nice if we were that coordinated. Unless someone IN Iowa steps up and volunteers to do that, I'll just do it from MN. So it will take an extra day in the mail.

So for now, email me the snail addys of anyone who would actually WATCH a DVD. You can tell how serious they are about wanting to know more. At $1.50 each including postage, I can handle the cost, but can only burn so many.

Dave
07-18-2007, 11:10 AM
It would be nice if we were that coordinated. Unless someone IN Iowa steps up and volunteers to do that, I'll just do it from MN. So it will take an extra day in the mail.

So for now, email me the snail addys of anyone who would actually WATCH a DVD. You can tell how serious they are about wanting to know more. At $1.50 each including postage, I can handle the cost, but can only burn so many.

Scrib - why don't you PM Gigaplex and see if he'll make some of his DVDs available to be distributed this way?

LibertyEagle
07-18-2007, 01:42 PM
Has anyone else besides me, NOT received their names and phone numbers from Iowa yet? :confused:

JoshLowry
07-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Has anyone else besides me, NOT received their names and phone numbers from Iowa yet? :confused:

What day did you sign up?

Check your sent mail and make sure you sent your request to CallIowa@RonPaul2008.com

They had made an error in the first email and asked people to send in their info to CallIowa@RonPaul.com

LibertyEagle
07-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Josh, I originally sent it to the wrong email address. I sent out the new one two days ago. Scrib is still waiting on hers too.

JoshLowry
07-18-2007, 02:11 PM
I think people who signed up in the last day or two are not going to get their lists right away.

I really do not know the specifics so I would say contact the campaign.

Try this email: Heather@RonPaul2008.com I'm not positive that is the correct one but give it a shot.

You can also try calling them: 703-248-9115

Joe Knows
07-18-2007, 02:38 PM
What type of turnaround time is there in order to get your list?

Bryan in Iowa
07-18-2007, 03:07 PM
I just had a communication with Heather Olson and she reported the Call Iowa lists are flowing very quickly. It's her primary focus right now. Remember, there are thousands who have volunteered to call, and she is turning it over as quickly as possible. If you have not received yours, please be patient.

She also told me, and I'll quote:

The gentlemen running Operation Spooner graciously shuttered their operation when Call Iowa came alive in order to redirect their support to us. We did not steal anyone's idea, and we did not shut anyone down.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-18-2007, 03:13 PM
I signed up Sunday. No response other than one yesterday saying they were underway. I just emailed back to double my order in the event a reorder takes as long.

How many numbers did everyone request?

orenbus
07-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Hmm, who said anything about stealing someone's idea?

Lord Xar
07-18-2007, 03:25 PM
I signed up Sunday. No response other than one yesterday saying they were underway. I just emailed back to double my order in the event a reorder takes as long.

How many numbers did everyone request?

Don't worry, you will FOR SURE get them by end of day today :D

I heard from a friend who is friends of a friend who knows the person who knows Joe, and Joe said we will for get them tomorrow morning... Nevermind you heard this about 3 days previously, but this time its for real.

LastoftheMohicans
07-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Is there a "1-800" number for the campaign? The prepared script that somebody posted seemed to push the website. But not everybody uses the internet.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-18-2007, 03:43 PM
If someone is genuinely interested and doesn't have internet, ask them if they will watch a DVD. If so, email me their snail address and I will send them one.

I think there's a 1-800-Ron-Paul number, but is that a recorded message? The campaign itself does not have the manpower to answer a ton of calls. There must be enough volunteers in IA to man a couple phone lines. Joe and Heather should set those up for local calls and put a call out to the Meetup group.

Bryan in Iowa
07-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Hmm, who said anything about stealing someone's idea?

Who knows? It doesn't matter...the good news is we're moving forward with calling Iowans.

Bryan in Iowa
07-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Is there a "1-800" number for the campaign? The prepared script that somebody posted seemed to push the website. But not everybody uses the internet.

The website is being pushed because it has a link for an RSVP form. If you call and the person doesn't have access to the internet, they will probably tell you this pretty quick. After you discover they don't, then you will not be inclined to push the website any further. Use your own judgment...be independent, yet centralized :D

poppop_schell
07-18-2007, 03:59 PM
QUESTION TO JOSH...

Has there been a similar announcement on calliowa@ronpaul2008.com sent to YouTube and the other discussion websites listed on the left side of the frontpage of ronpaul2008.com?

Lord Xar
07-18-2007, 04:00 PM
its ---> 1-800-RON-PAUL

I just called and a LIVE person answered...... I asked if are gonna send out those lists to call iowa and she said "they left for the day, I can take your number and they'll call you back.."

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-18-2007, 04:07 PM
its ---> 1-800-RON-PAUL

I just called and a LIVE person answered...... I asked if are gonna send out those lists to call iowa and she said "they left for the day, I can take your number and they'll call you back.."

Oh man, an answering service? When I worked on campaigns, someone was always in the office until 9 pm, usually.

Maybe it WAS someone in the office who didn't know anything about the calling. I can't see why the calling project people would have left the office when I still haven't received numbers.

Lord Xar
07-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Oh man, an answering service? When I worked on campaigns, someone was always in the office until 9 pm, usually.

Maybe it WAS someone in the office who didn't know anything about the calling. I can't see why the calling project people would have left the office when I still haven't received numbers.

Nobody received their numbers EXCEPT one person on this forum, I find that very fishy. Another day went by after they promised yesterday people would get them... and this after many other "we will get them out to you's......"

LibertyEagle
07-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Well, does 1-800-RON-PAUL go to Iowa? I would think it went to HQ in Arlington.

Lord Xar
07-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Well, does 1-800-RON-PAUL go to Iowa? I would think it went to HQ in Arlington.

oh, perhaps.. I just assumed someone in their office would know... I wasn't specifically calling any place...

EvoPro
07-18-2007, 05:02 PM
ghemminger and I have both got them so far. I signed up for 75 numbers on saturday. I will need more in a couple of days. :) Maybe it goes to show there's a lot of us out there that don't read these boards. :eek:

LibertyEagle
07-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Who knows? It doesn't matter...the good news is we're moving forward with calling Iowans.

We are? Only one person that I know of on this forum has received their numbers to date.

There is another person who said he knew of someone on IRC who received their list who said the information was all wrong.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=7826

ghemminger
07-18-2007, 05:26 PM
We are? Only one person that I know of on this forum has received their numbers to date.

There is another person who said he knew of someone on IRC who received their list who said the information was all wrong.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=7826

MAss number like that are usually wrong info.....thats why OPS Spooner was cool...it would be a way to 'CLEAN" a dirty database like this one.....

I'm in Slaes accross the country...advokit is a revolutionary idea....I hope Chuck opens it up for the other States....fingers crossed...my sources are saying...there is hope for ops spooner still

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Still no numbers! I have plenty of volunteers willing to call in MN, but no numbers. Are they on vacation over there?

Lord Xar
07-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Still no numbers! I have plenty of volunteers willing to call in MN, but no numbers. Are they on vacation over there?

Why don't you call them? And tell them ... I mean, be firm about it.. doesn't make sense that others got theirs, but not you...

I 800 RON PAUL

LibertyEagle
07-19-2007, 02:50 PM
I haven't received mine either.

Doesn't 1-800-RONPAUL go to Arlington, VA? If so, they aren't the ones putting the calling list together. I think that's Iowa.

LibertyEagle
07-19-2007, 02:55 PM
I think people who signed up in the last day or two are not going to get their lists right away.

I really do not know the specifics so I would say contact the campaign.

Try this email: Heather@RonPaul2008.com I'm not positive that is the correct one but give it a shot.

You can also try calling them: 703-248-9115

This is what Josh posted earlier.

GreenApples
07-19-2007, 03:24 PM
I got mine today.

Check your spam folder?

Dave
07-19-2007, 03:42 PM
I just spoke with Heather (Iowa Field Coordinator) and she told me they are current now and have sent Iowa phone number lists out to everyone who has requested them.

She said that if you haven't received them then your list may have gotten stuck in your spam filter so check there first.

Then, if you still don't have your list, send a message to calliowa@ronpaul2008.com and she will investigate.

tiznow
07-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Also i've noticed some of the meetup related e-mails sent to me occasionally go to my spam folder not very often happened a few times now so i'd be sure to check it on occasion.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-19-2007, 03:55 PM
I check my spam filter several times a day (negating the whole purpose of a spam filter) and have received nothing despite three emails to the calliowa address. I have double checked the address I emailed to, and it is correct.

Who else has not received their lists?

LibertyEagle
07-19-2007, 03:57 PM
I have not. I just resent it for the second time.

tiznow
07-19-2007, 04:31 PM
still 23 days to straw poll hang in there everybody. i know its frustrating. hope those that haven't received their call lists receive them soon.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Edit: Okay, I got them. I guess they lost me somewhere, but I now have 1,000 names/numbers. Whew!

Dave
07-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Sorry for double post - see below.

Dave
07-19-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm sure nobody is being intentionally neglected. This is a technical problem.

I spoke with Heather again. I had the story wrong before - my fault. The right story is that they are current except for anyone who sent a request in the last 24 hours.

What has happened is that the email system puts every request for numbers at the top of the list. They have been working from the bottom of the list (oldest requests first). Every time you respond with another email, your email address gets stamped with the new date/time and move back to the top of the list. So the people who have repeatedly tried to get numbers have continued to get pushed to the top of the list and are continually waiting.

email Heather@RonPaul2008.com if you're still waiting.

I'm just trying to help. Don't shoot me - I'm just the piano player.

Dave
07-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Edit: Okay, I got them. I guess they lost me somewhere, but I now have 1,000 names/numbers. Whew!

Yay! Glad it got worked out. Thanks for calling Iowans!

JosephTheLibertarian
07-19-2007, 06:07 PM
If anyone needs any help, I can go on in two way calls for you... pm me

Badger Paul
07-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Scribbler can you send a few numbers (20 say) to my Yahoo.com address at wiaawrestling@yahoo.com? Thanks.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-19-2007, 11:03 PM
Scribbler can you send a few numbers (20 say) to my Yahoo.com address at wiaawrestling@yahoo.com? Thanks.

I just forwarded what I sent to your other address.

aknappjr
07-20-2007, 11:32 AM
I've got 10-15 people here in New York that want to call 500 Iowians a week. Can anyone help? Multiple people have sent multiple emails to the calliowa email address and we haven't heard anything. Can anyone spare some numbers? If so, please email to aknappjr2003 a-t mailsnare.net.

LibertyEagle
07-20-2007, 12:44 PM
If you're having trouble getting your list after multiple attempts, you might want to send a message to heather@ronpaul2008.com

That is what finally worked for me.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Turns out, due to a gmail fluke, that if you reply to your own email, it tacks your response on to the old email with the newer date. Since they were getting out the oldest requests first, you probably kept sending yourself to the back of the line. Thats what I was doing. Never heard that about gmail before either.

If you need some for this weekend, I have 1,000 and could spare a couple hundred. PM me with your email address. (Edit: never mind. I see your email address.)

jj111
07-20-2007, 10:02 PM
I just spoke with Heather (Iowa Field Coordinator) and she told me they are current now and have sent Iowa phone number lists out to everyone who has requested them.

She said that if you haven't received them then your list may have gotten stuck in your spam filter so check there first.

Then, if you still don't have your list, send a message to calliowa@ronpaul2008.com and she will investigate.

My list is probably in my spam box. What is the "From" address, so that I can sort my spam box by sender name, and find the email?

Roxi
07-20-2007, 10:22 PM
My list is probably in my spam box. What is the "From" address, so that I can sort my spam box by sender name, and find the email?

mine was "call iowa for ron paul 2008" (sender), i use mozilla thunderbird and it was an attachment with my script....i didnt see it the first two times though so you have to look hard for it

Slugg
07-21-2007, 01:41 AM
We need a montage of people talking on the phone with a background of rock music!!!! :D You guys and gals ROCK!!!

jj111
07-21-2007, 09:25 AM
I searched my spam folder and my inbox and could find no incoming list to call, after sending in my request to call iowa 5 days ago.. Anybody else not received a list yet?

LibertyEagle
07-21-2007, 09:42 AM
I searched my spam folder and my inbox and could find no incoming list to call, after sending in my request to call iowa 5 days ago.. Anybody else not received a list yet?

If you're having trouble getting your list after multiple attempts, you might want to send a message to heather@ronpaul2008.com

Jennifer Reynolds
07-23-2007, 12:26 AM
///

Bergie Bergeron
07-23-2007, 12:29 AM
I got my numbers today. Called them all, notified the sender and in one hour had 100 more. I am stuck calling on the weekend because of cell phone calling plan restrictions. Is there a way to use the Internet to make long distance calls? (I am a technological moron). If so, any help and how to do so would be appreciated. And does it work? Wouldn't want to lose phone quality to save some money.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-23-2007, 12:37 AM

Is Skype free?

EvoPro
07-23-2007, 07:24 AM
For me, Skype is $9 for 3 months. The problem with Skype is that your number does not show up on someone else's caller ID. It just comes up as unknown or something similar. Even if you buy a number that people can call. I guess the caller ID works in some countries though.

People are usually less friendly when they see an unknown and consider you a telemarketer.

Hurricane Bruiser
07-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Well I have a list of 200 names that I am working on that live in the county where the staw poll is taking place. I was out of town on work related meetings so this evening was my first chance to call people. I was able to call 33 numbers within about 1 hour which I think was pretty decent. The bad part was that I mostly reached answering machines. There were 2 people that I talked with that seemed interested in RP but had not heard of him before. Those were both people in the younger generation like myself (29). The older people were, it seemed the more rude they were and more likely to just hang up on you.

If a person was to target a group to focus resources on, the under 35 group would probably have the best results. Although a friend of mine in his 70's thinks RP is great and is willing for me to post LARGE signs on his commercial property in Parkersburg, WV that receives a TON of traffic. Now I just need to make a good sign or two or ten or a hundred.

I hope to finish my list of numbers this week.

"Property taxes prove that everyone is simply a renter" me.

Jennifer Reynolds
07-25-2007, 03:31 AM
///

Hurricane Bruiser
07-25-2007, 07:23 PM
I have about 200 names and have called about 50 so far. My meetup group seems lazy and as of yet not helped me. I can contact the rest of my 200 names but if someone wants to help right now and speed things up I can email you part of my list along with instructions.

jnpg
07-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Hi Callers,

How is everyone doing? I got my list while I was gone on vacation and just got started today.
It is hard to find time to sit down and do this, but I want Ron Paul to win!
Everyone who is already calling- THANK YOU! To everyone else- please join us! Many hands make light work.

Jennifer Reynolds
07-27-2007, 01:46 AM
///

JoshLowry
07-27-2007, 01:48 AM
www.RonPaulLibrary.com is a good place to send them.

They can call 1-800-Ron-Paul for more info.

goldismoney
07-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Great approach Jennifer.

Another suggestion for those without email/Internet: You can take down their snail mail address and send it to Scribbler de Stebbing (a member of the forum who posted to this thread) as she has offerred to send out Ron Paul DVDs.

entropy
07-30-2007, 01:45 PM
I just signed up, hopefully I can get a list soon. To the people who have been calling how has the response been?

Jennifer Reynolds
07-31-2007, 04:07 AM
///

0zzy
07-31-2007, 04:24 AM
No, this approach didn't work.

Here is what worked much better:

Hi, my name is Jennifer and I am an unpaid volunteer who is supporting Congressman Ron Paul for President. I am not very good at these calls, I am terribly nervous. so um, have you heard of Ron Paul? If not, I launch into a list of things he is for or against, if so, I ask if they have specific questions.

They are much nicer to me if I tell them I am scared and nervous. (This may only work for girls though.)

One lady told me I was the only person of all the callers who she let talk to her because I was upfront with her.

One lady started by saying "why should I vote for a guy who has no chance of winning" to (an hour later) how can I get signs for my lawn and I can't wait to tell my friends about RP, even the democrats. I think they will like him too. I will go to the straw poll with the tickets Mitt Romney sent me and vote for RP. He must be the best kept secret in this campaign.

:[ I want to be like you. I need to start getting active, and you seem to have it nailed. But I fear what my dad does all the time... "No thank you, can you put me on your do not call list, goodbye." Also, I'm not very good at teaching people :X

Hurricane Bruiser
07-31-2007, 07:12 AM
If anyone is wanting to help make calls I have some names to share. Thus far my meetup group hasn't helped me and my time is very limited. Thanks for any help.

poppop_schell
07-31-2007, 04:47 PM
All Of Ron Paul's Articles Are On His Archive At His Congressional Website. Enjoy And Select The Ones That Will Help You The Most.