PDA

View Full Version : Lets apply some leverage

jonahtrainer
07-17-2007, 03:17 PM
So, I was reading a thread about how some people are switching to liberal news stations to hear about Ron Paul and I thought; lets kill two birds with one stone. Here is the idea:

1. We compile a list of stations that seem to 'blackout' Ron Paul.
2. We compile a list of advertisements shown on those stations.
3. We compile a list of contact information for those brand managers
4. We send individual letters to those brand managers stating something like:

"The news stations that are supported by your advertising dollars do not seem to be carrying an objective message concerning the political races. They do not seem to be giving ample time to certain candidates such as Ron Paul.

Because I do not have control over the news stations and because I do not have control over the advertising dollars therefore I will begin exercising what control I do have.

The control I have is over what products I buy and what products I recommend for my friends to buy and why.

Therefore, I and my friends have compiled a list of stations which appear to 'blackout' Ron Paul. We have also compiled a list of advertisements aired on those stations. We have also compiled a list of alternative products. We will begin forwarding these lists around and encouraging our friends and family to not purchase these brands.

So, as a consequence of the non-objective reporting of the news that are supported by your advertising dollars; not only will your advertising dollars not sell additional products they will be promoting your own boycott.

I think step #3 is particularly important. When a brand manager for Budweiser, Gieco, etc begin receiving letters in the mail they might get the picture that we are serious. Plus, someone who may not have heard of Ron Paul might go research him.

Any ideas?

JoshLowry
07-17-2007, 03:32 PM
It does sound like a good idea. You always need to find someone to spearhead a project.

Take the lead if you feel strongly enough about it. Always weigh how your time is best spent getting the word out for the campaign. Good luck!