PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of us setting up a Shadow Campaign HQ?

DirectDemocracy
01-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Post your comments here.

Jamon
01-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Less talk, more action (http://rpn.metagov.us/).

newmedia4ron
01-04-2008, 10:23 PM
isn't that what we are?

see this thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=52525

sasha_2008
01-04-2008, 10:24 PM
I think they have pretty much done that in NH with Operation Live Free or Die. I think each state should have a similar operation.

justinc.1089
01-04-2008, 10:27 PM
I think it would be good. I would have much more confidence in someone in the grassroots being in charge of projects instead of the official campaign.

They lost my last shred of confidence in them when it sank in to me yesterday that they had went nearly the entire primary process without running a single television ad in SC. They just started today from what I have heard, although I myself have not seen one yet, and if I do see one I will probably go into shock that the campaign actually aired a ron paul commercial here.

Also I won't be donating to the official campaign anymore, only grassroots projects for airing television ads more than likely. Or perhaps some other project, but those cost the most and will probably be the hardest for the grassroots to fund.

I just don't have any confidence in the campaign staff anymore after all the recent major mistakes like not campaigning in SC good, and not backing up data in Iowa.

Edit: I do keep thinking though Paul has to have a plan and know what he's doing, I mean he is just too smart not to, unless his confidence in these people he knows personally is causing him to think too highly of their abilities.

DealzOnWheelz
01-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Sounds kinda like a SHADOW GOVERNMENT

CAN ANYONE SAY CCR and I don't mean Creedance Clearwater Revival I'm saying COUNCIL ON CAMPAIGN RELATIONS

LibertyEagle
01-04-2008, 10:29 PM
If I understand what you are talking about, I agree to an extent. But, the only way it can be done is to just set it up and those who want to participate will and those who do not, won't. I've always believed we needed to have a team of people from various areas that we could consult for various things. Such as someone versed with FEC regs, a couple of seasoned marketing/PR folks, a couple of former campaign mgrs, or as high as we can find them, some people versed in Republican party ins and outs, a few high-level IT folks that have the contact info for a team to call on, if necessary, etc.

justinc.1089
01-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Yeah I never thought I would say these words, as I was bitterly opposed to this, but.......

I think its time we may need to consider a grassroots committee.:(

Edit: The only thing that has me thinking that is my lack of confidence in the official campaign staff. I think a grassroots staff competing to do better than them may actually start doing better than them with less support.

AKBryant54
01-04-2008, 10:44 PM
bump, i agree with the premise and believe it would be extremely beneficial.

amy31416
01-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Yeah I never thought I would say these words, as I was bitterly opposed to this, but.......

I think its time we may need to consider a grassroots committee.:(

Edit: The only thing that has me thinking that is my lack of confidence in the official campaign staff. I think a grassroots staff competing to do better than them may actually start doing better than them with less support.

+1

a2planet2
01-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Obsolete.

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com

isufferfromronpaulfever
01-04-2008, 10:54 PM
The grassroots is what has gotten us here. With that being said, I am also skeptical when it comes to donating because I want to make sure my money goes where I want it.

I have contributed many donations to Ron Paul but to be honest with you all, I have not donated anywhere else. I will be ready to donate to the grassroots when I know and trust that my money is being put to use.

I am in support of ideas like this.

I am starting to trust you guys with my life.

dircha
01-04-2008, 10:56 PM
It's the weekend now. We will know the results of the New Hampshire primary by first thing Wednesday morning. It's too late to build and fund new efforts prior to New Hampshire.

And after our disappointing showing in Iowa (many commentators projected us to place 4th, and as high as 3rd), I don't think there is enough momentum out there to fund a parallel effort, and I don't think there will be if we have another disappointing showing in New Hampshire.

If we do not come out of New Hampshire with strong momentum (a third place finish), I do not believe we will have the momentum needed to raise the additional $20 million plus it will take to buy ads and fund operations to be competitive in the 22 Super Tuesday states in time, and this campaign will be over.

We need a 3rd place showing in New Hampshire, and at this point, we are dependent on the official campaign to deliver it.

S3eker
01-04-2008, 11:04 PM
Who chose you guys to be the leaders of the shadow campaign?

DirectDemocracy
01-04-2008, 11:07 PM

If you don't like this shadow campaign, make your own.

FYI-no one here is even organizing a shadow campaign-it is just a conversation. Did you even read anything here or just the title?

isufferfromronpaulfever
01-04-2008, 11:10 PM

Easy... it's just an idea.

Are you from Mars? Take me to your leader?

goldstandard
01-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Humbug! Silly name.

risiusj
01-04-2008, 11:15 PM
I smell a coup on the horizon.
sniff, sniff...

paulitics
01-04-2008, 11:29 PM
It's the weekend now. We will know the results of the New Hampshire primary by first thing Wednesday morning. It's too late to build and fund new efforts prior to New Hampshire.

And after our disappointing showing in Iowa (many commentators projected us to place 4th, and as high as 3rd), I don't think there is enough momentum out there to fund a parallel effort, and I don't think there will be if we have another disappointing showing in New Hampshire.

If we do not come out of New Hampshire with strong momentum (a third place finish), I do not believe we will have the momentum needed to raise the additional $20 million plus it will take to buy ads and fund operations to be competitive in the 22 Super Tuesday states in time, and this campaign will be over.

We need a 3rd place showing in New Hampshire, and at this point, we are dependent on the official campaign to deliver it.

I disagree, because this attitude of, wait and see, has produced us zilch with the campaign so far. I've been hearing this since August, after the straw poll.

We have an organization of 13,000 members and growing right now on this board. This is a huge. powerful, untapped resource that generates $$. There are thousands more with our meetup groups. THousands more across the internet, that don't want to give up. We are more than a month away from Super Tuesday and other primaries. If we think big, we can accomplish anything. No grassroots organization has come close to the amount of fervant supporters in history. Rudy McRomneybee will be splitting the neocon votes. They are vulnerable and weak too!

We could easily raise the money ourselves, yes millions, and utilize the talent of a few that have made some amazing videos. We can send out our founding fathers ad in major newspapers. We can coordinate media events ourselves.
Heck, in the beginning we got Dr. Paul on both the Daily and Colbert show. I think we also had something to do with the Jay Leno appearance. It is not time to throw in the towell. Not ourselves. Not yet.

On the local level, we must coordinate to provide transportation to the voters. This could be funded from the Campaign money. Our money should be spent on our marketing. We can do this, the message is popular. We have not come close to tapping out. But, I hope we can put our egos aside, and focus now on spreading this message across America now. If more people feel this way, speak up now and lead. We need leaders. Put our egos aside! This movement does not begin or end with Ron Paul. The biggest problem is that we will be debating this for another 2 weeks (just like we have for 6 months), and then it will really be too late.

Shink
01-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Sounds kinda like a SHADOW GOVERNMENT

CAN ANYONE SAY CCR and I don't mean Creedance Clearwater Revival I'm saying COUNCIL ON CAMPAIGN RELATIONS

AH SEE...A BA-AD MOON RISIN'....AH SEE..TRUBBLE ON THE WAY.;)

TenDeseo
01-04-2008, 11:34 PM
You've got my attention. Let's see some leadership directed toward those who don't know where to place their trust outside the official campaign. An organized effort is needed for this to happen.

As you were...

mathamagician
01-04-2008, 11:35 PM
yea let's do it and collect money and run those good indie ads and hire a consultant if we get enough money