PDA

View Full Version : The summer soldiers and sunshine patriots of Ron Paul Forums.

Menthol Patch
01-04-2008, 10:14 PM
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."

The above quote is from Thomas Paine and was written a long time ago during a critical time of crisis for our nation. However, I think it is equally as valid today at the start of the Ron Paul rEVOLution.

In the past day I've read more posts filled with negativity than ever before. There is anger at the official campaign, outrage at the supporters from Iowa, frustration with fellow Ron Paul supporters, and tons and tons of blame being passed around. In addition, it seems like some supporters are giving up hope at the first sign of difficulty. It's critical we realize that this battle has only begun. If this was a baseball game it would be the first inning!

Additionally, we must remember that we are all working towards the same goal. We all want Ron Paul to win and believe in the message of liberty, freedom, and small government. However, we are not perfect and we all have flaws. At this point so close to super Tuesday we must put our differences aside, accept one another for the time being, and focus on doing everything we can to support our candidate. This means donating, telling people about Ron Paul, becoming delegates, and supporting chip-ins.

This is going to be a hellishly busy month. The campaign is going to be insanely busy, the grassroots are going to be busy, and our forum is going to be in hyper-drive. Why? There is a TON of work to do! We are NOT going to get this work accomplished if we allow ourselves to become distracted attacking each other, attacking the official campaign, and calling for major changes. Remember, there is only ONE MONTH until super Tuesday! There is even LESS time before New Hampshire and the other primaries happening this month!

As of right now we are in combat mode for the future of this nation. We need to remember that this is a battle for freedom and liberty. Our rEVOLution must put aside it's differences and UNITE! There are HUNDREDS of thousands of us and NOTHING can stop us if we work together. However, if we fall apart at this crucial hour then we have ZERO chance of winning!

If we want to get angry at anyone lets get angry at our biggest enemies: the mainstream media, the neo-cons, and the ultra wealthy globalists that pull the strings and control the networks!

By UNITING together we can WIN and have VICTORY over the forces of tyranny!

fedup100
01-04-2008, 10:19 PM
As usual well spoken and right on.

Menthol Patch
01-04-2008, 10:46 PM
As usual well spoken and right on.

Thanks fedup.

princessredtights
01-05-2008, 12:07 AM
I like that ...

Grandson of Liberty
01-05-2008, 12:11 AM
bump for the memory of those who never gave up, even with their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor on the line.

Ron2Win
01-05-2008, 12:14 AM
Nice.

Brad Zink
01-05-2008, 12:14 AM
Awesome post.

Our revolutionary army has conquered the Internet. Now we must unite and capture the minds of the people out there in the neighborhoods.

http://www.ronpaul2008store.com/servlet/Detail?no=7

libertarian4321
01-05-2008, 12:52 AM
I'm not giving up, I'll be out this weekend waving signs!