PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound logical???? I call Shennanigans

DealzOnWheelz
01-04-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm in this other thread http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=75945

THis guy is writing an open letter to Kent snyder and the rest of the campaign staff

yet when I oppose his view this is what he says

SteveMartin
Senior Member About:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am local Meetup Coordinator #17. I have been in the campaign since late March. I am the first poster at the official meetup message boards. I have volunteered at least 2000 hours on various efforts for the campaign since March. I have met RP three times in person and have his private phone number and spoke to him just last week.
I am not some plant.

If you keep the rose-colored glasses on people, we lose...period.

=========

Now if you have RON PAUL'S PRIVATE NUMBER WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO WRITE AN OPEN LETTER TO THE CAMPAIGN STAFF WHEN RON PAUL IS THE BIG CHEESE

This does not logically make sense

I call shennanigans

RonPaulVolunteer
01-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Because making a letter public puts pressure on certain people.

Makes perfect sense to me.

ejw2076
01-04-2008, 09:44 PM
I feel that the letter was well thought out and was presented appropriately. He voiced his opinion, had points to back it up, and things that can be done to please him. Kudos.

Ron2Win
01-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Because making a letter public puts pressure on certain people.

Makes perfect sense to me.

On us, devide and conquer.

DealzOnWheelz
01-04-2008, 09:45 PM
yes but sending letter to the people you want taken out to the tool shed isn't going to get them sent to the tool shed

You have to goto management

And that my friend would be Ron Paul

james1844
01-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Seriously, we need to contact Dr. Paul and let him know the campaign is dropping the ball.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Steve Jobs asked the record companies to allow their music to be DRM free. They refused. He wrote an open letter to them asking them the same thing he had asked them in private, whamo, we get DRM free music. It works.

Chester Copperpot
01-04-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm in this other thread http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=75945

THis guy is writing an open letter to Kent snyder and the rest of the campaign staff

yet when I oppose his view this is what he says

SteveMartin
Senior Member About:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am local Meetup Coordinator #17. I have been in the campaign since late March. I am the first poster at the official meetup message boards. I have volunteered at least 2000 hours on various efforts for the campaign since March. I have met RP three times in person and have his private phone number and spoke to him just last week.
I am not some plant.

If you keep the rose-colored glasses on people, we lose...period.

=========

Now if you have RON PAUL'S PRIVATE NUMBER WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO WRITE AN OPEN LETTER TO THE CAMPAIGN STAFF WHEN RON PAUL IS THE BIG CHEESE

This does not logically make sense

I call shennanigans

I know Steve Martin, hes a good guy... Ill have to read that message though.

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Lol! ANYONE could have Ron Paul's home phone number. He lists it openly in the phone books and online. See here: http://www.whitepages.com/search/FindPerson?extra_listing=mixed&form_mode=opt_b&post_back=1&firstname_begins_with=1&firstname=ron&name=paul&street=&city_zip=lake+jackson&state_id=TX&localtime=survey

xtravar
01-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Steve Jobs asked the record companies to allow their music to be DRM free. They refused. He wrote an open letter to them asking them the same thing he had asked them in private, whamo, we get DRM free music. It works.

Not to be nitpicky, but... that's not exactly how it went.
Because iPods only play DRM'd music from iTunes, DRM was stopping the music industry from being involved in competing online music stores, which in turn was stopping them from changing prices on songs.

You see, Apple has the only store that works with iPods & uses DRM. The music companies wanted to charge less for some songs and more for others, but Steve Jobs wouldn't let them. So in order to have competing online music stores that work with iPods, the only option was to remove the DRM restriction.