PDA

View Full Version : Pajamas Media dropped Paul and Gravel

Brandybuck
05-13-2007, 11:42 PM
True to their threat, Pajamas Media dropped Gravel and Paul from their weekly online poll. Quote:

Therefore, this week three Republicans who achieved one percent in the new Gallup Poll – Jim Gilmore, Mike Huckabee and Chuck Hagel – have been duly added. Mike Gravel (Democrat, week 16’s runner-up) and Ron Paul (Republican, week 16’s winner) have been removed from the poll because they did not reach one percent on Gallup. If and when those latter candidates again reach one percent, we will reinstate them the following week. Their supporters may be disappointed for now, but it is worth pointing out – and Pajamas Media takes no pleasure in doing this – that their successes on the Pajamas Media Poll evidently did them little good on national polls. We encourage Gravel’s and Paul’s supporters to work hard to make an impact on the next Gallup Poll, so we can put their candidates back on the list. The same goes for supporters of other candidates who have not yet appeared on our poll.
Online polls don't match the telephone-during-dinner polls? Duh! It doesn't take a genius to figure out that two completely different demographics are being polled. Pajamas Media prides itself on being the cutting edge of the new media, so why is it basing its polling standards on that of the old media?

JoshLowry
05-13-2007, 11:52 PM
Because they are hoping for a flood of internet users to go check out why they dropped the two most popular internet candidates.

They are a new internet political website, they make their money from traffic.

Controversial content on a site will drive traffic to it. It's a snotty shot at getting viewers and they will grow because of it. PajamasMedia can stuff it.

Let's make these types of web sites eat their actions in 2008. This is the stuff that fuels my fire.

Kandilynn
05-14-2007, 12:05 AM
I just won't go back there until Paul is back on their poll.

I'm not really that worried about it. That is just more motivation, to me. We have to work harder and do more to make people give Paul votes. It doesn't matter if he's on these online polls or not, the majority of voters aren't watching these polls anyway. Now, when Paul starts winning the gallup poll, and they don't put him on, then I will throw a fit. But, until that time, we just have to work and get his name out there for people to hear.

mesler
05-14-2007, 12:27 AM
I removed their widget from my blog. Let's just forget about them and move on.

Hancock1776
05-14-2007, 05:10 AM
I'm with mesler on this. Who cares! It changes nothing about our mission: Getting Ron Paul through the Republican Primaries. Once that occurs, it will be impossible to bury him.

I must reiterate the importance of SIGNS. They require little initial investment, and a sign can be seen by hundreds. Once you get his name noticed, and new people going to his website, he'll start showing up on the Gallup polls.

This would at least help in convincing local Republicans to vote for him. People still vote strategically among those they believe can win, so Ron Paul needs to LOOK like a winner before they can entertain voting for him.

Cowlesy
09-12-2008, 06:58 PM
I can't stand pajamas media

constitutional
09-12-2008, 07:00 PM
I can't stand pajamas media

I can't stand people who bump old threads. :p

Cowlesy
09-12-2008, 07:01 PM
I can't stand people who bump old threads. :p

I got tired of the garbage threads at the top of New Posts, so i substituted some other stuff.

moostraks
09-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Hey Cowlesy..I'll bump for giggles just to see if anyone else bites on reading the old threads you are pulling up...Got any others??

Kludge
09-12-2008, 08:04 PM
I forgot Pajamas Media existed a couple weeks after hearing about them for the first time here.