PDA

View Full Version : my new dream...

jpa
01-04-2008, 09:33 PM
I think it would be great if Ron Paul joined Bloomberg as his VP.

Bloomberg has the money, recongition, and most importantly the orginization to win the precidency.

Ron Paul has the issues, the integrity and the passionate grassroots.

Can you imagine someone like Bloomberg running on Ron Paul's platform?

Well, I can dream...

Nate K
01-04-2008, 09:34 PM
no

tsetsefly
bloomberg is a big government giuliani wanabe authoritarian, no thanks...

Xonox
I don't know a whole lot about Bloomberg... is he Libertarian?

fireworks_god
01-04-2008, 09:35 PM
We could look for ways to bring Americans, and New Hampshire citizens specifically, out to VOTE for Ron Paul. :P

justinc.1089
01-04-2008, 09:36 PM
I don't know a whole lot about Bloomberg... is he Libertarian?

No, he's another Giuliani.

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Mike Bloomberg = the epitomy of anti-libertarian nannystater.

Worst. Idea. Ever.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Bloomberg is Guiliani-lite.
A gun-grabbing warmonger.

He's "independent" because all billionaires are.
I'd vote Obama over this hack.

Xonox
01-04-2008, 09:37 PM
No, he's another Giuliani.

never mind then.

IHaveaDream
01-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Good grief. :eek:

jpa
01-04-2008, 09:43 PM
socially liberal, fiscally conservative is what I read. (honestly haven't read much about him other than his wikipedia page)

I base my opinion on my cousins and family who live in NYC. He is definitely not another Giuliani. They hate Giuliani with a passion, but they all seem to like Bloomberg.

jorlowitz
01-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Bloomberg is pretty strong on trade and business, bureaucratic management, etc. But he has a "heavy-hand" view of government. He's a great delegater(or?), but he uses his team to handle A LOT of problems that Ron Paul would typically see as out of bounds, unnecessary, or unconstitutional. For one, he supported the smoking ban in D.C. Somewhat amazingly, he risked great popularity on this immensely unpopular issue. Some think it was a stand of principle for health and worker safety. Others a blatant invasion of government into the private sphere.

He also lacks foreign policy experience, though it's safe to say that as smart as he is, he'd figure out a solid platform very quickly. His background in business was a the purveyor of cutting edge business, financial, economic, international and political news. I think he understands a lot about what's going on, though I don't know what his particular views are.

I think he's an impressive candidate, kind of like a Mitt Romney, but less of a hypocrite and more sincerely likable. Something tells me, though, that after running the largest financial media company in the world and the largest city in the world, Bloomberg wouldn't want to be Paul's "running mate"; he'd want to be President.

p.s. Bloomberg, obviously Jewish, might likely have some views about foreign policy which would clash with Paul. I say this with complete conjecture, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bloomberg saw the U.S. relationship and support for Israel as vital as basic, fundamental, and beyond question. Anyone know if he has a different read?

jpa
01-04-2008, 09:49 PM
I didn't say bloomberg would be RP's running mate, I suggested the other way around. Ron Paul become a policy advisor and become someone else's running mate.

For example, we are currently living under Cheney's policies but Bush was the "face" that got elected. I would love to see someone a lot more electable run with Ron Paul on Ron Paul's policies and principles (and messaage).

itshappening
01-04-2008, 09:57 PM
gun grabber