PDA

View Full Version : I walk into an "Outback" steakhouse in Perry Hall, MD...

Triton
01-04-2008, 08:44 PM
...one of my clients bought me a $50 gift card, so I called ahead and made my reservation. They gave me a pager and told me to wait. As my bride and I are waiting, a man walks in with a Ron Paul T-shirt. I made the comment, "Look, there's the OTHER Ron Paul supporter in Maryland". It took him a second, but he looks up and says, "Oh yes - but I'm from Jersey." Then he asks me if I have the silver min-van with the Ron Paul bumper sticker, and I confess that I do. My wife, chuckling, makes the comment that "we are everywhere.".
We have an excellent dinner, and I hear the guy at the next table (a different person than the one at the door, I might add...) talk about how Biden and Dodd dropped out after the debate. I turn to my wife and say, "Only a Ron Paul supporter would even care." She begs me not to say anything - and then I hear him talk about eliminating the income tax and the Federal Reserve. At this point, I couldn't stand it any longer. I walked over, apologized for evesdropping, and asked him if he had just a general interest in politics or if he was a Ron Paul supporter. He looks up and says, "Do you have the silver min-van?" I nod yes. He says, "Well that makes two of us in this entire restaurant".
He's catchin' on, I tell ya...

PS - was that anyone on this forum?

Guymontag
01-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Good story, I want to run into some supporters here because the only ones I know are the people that I convinced...

Trigonx
01-04-2008, 08:50 PM
thats badass

Bumnah
01-04-2008, 08:52 PM
a person collecting signatures for ron paul came into my store. i told him of how big of a fan I was of Dr. Paul's. He ate for free. I would've charge double for Giuliani signature collector. Full price for the rest. :)

Cheers!

icon124
01-04-2008, 08:52 PM
I work in Timonium MD and the other day someone left a sticky note on my car saying "I'm a RP supporter too" becuz i had a bumper sticker....RP is huge here too....WBAL radio today did a really good broadcast promoting him earlier...and i did my share calling in and talking bout RP!!

OptionsTrader
01-04-2008, 08:54 PM
a person collecting signatures for ron paul came into my store. i told him of how big of a fan I was of Dr. Paul's. He ate for free. I would've charge double for Giuliani signature collector. Full price for the rest. :)

Cheers!

LOL I love it.

I told my wife that if I am ever to die, and she wants to get remarried, that's fine as long as he was a supporter of Ron Paul's in 2008 :D

Mortikhi
01-04-2008, 08:54 PM
obligatory avatar post =)

Xonox
01-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Awesome.

CountryboyRonPaul
01-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Ha, that's awesome.

I went to a New Years Eve party the other night, and as I was parking I noticed the guy that I was pulling up next to also had a RP sticker on his truck.

He was still in the truck so I knocked on his window as I got out and yelled "Ron Paul!", he was going on a beer run and offered to do so for me too. :D

DealzOnWheelz
01-04-2008, 08:59 PM
you should've corrected him and told him thats 4 of you

You, Him , Your wife, and the 1st guy

that would have really cheered him up

How many people were in the restaurant total??

What would the ratio be??

berkeleybound
01-04-2008, 09:00 PM
I work in Timonium MD and the other day someone left a sticky note on my car saying "I'm a RP supporter too" becuz i had a bumper sticker....RP is huge here too....WBAL radio today did a really good broadcast promoting him earlier...and i did my share calling in and talking bout RP!!

Ron Smith show I assume? He's been talking up Ron Paul for months. It's awesome.

bcasanov
01-04-2008, 09:01 PM
I talked to my mom's friend in Florida over the phone. The friend said that she would vote for any Republican, so I jumped in and told her about Ron Paul, that he stood for the Constitution and limited government, unlike some other politicians, and so on. She wasn't concerned at all about the political process; she just said that she didn't want a Democrat in the White House and so would vote for any Republican. So, by telling her that Ron Paul could beat any Democrat including Hillary or Obama, I convinced her to vote for Ron Paul, and it took only a few minutes. I guess that if some people are as apathetic about the political process and will vote along party lines, as I have witnessed with this particular friend, I think we will find more people voting for Ron Paul, not less, as he will be viewed as the candidate most likely to outlast Democratic rivals. I live in East Lansing, and just recently joined my local meetup group, and there are quite a lot of Ron Paul supporters over here.

Triton
01-04-2008, 09:02 PM
you should've corrected him and told him thats 4 of you

You, Him , Your wife, and the 1st guy

that would have really cheered him up

How many people were in the restaurant total??

What would the ratio be??There were about 200 people. You're right, since my wife is a RP supporter, too.

icon124
01-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Ron Smith show I assume? He's been talking up Ron Paul for months. It's awesome.

yep, he loves RP i think....

voytechs
01-04-2008, 09:08 PM
I got my neighbors and church friends soliciting me for stickers. Got several converts today after the IA debate too. They all want to know about Dr. Paul. Even my neighbor, a super rich guy that I thought would be for Ronmney, guess who he supports, including his entire family, you guessed it, RP.

Since I'm the precinct captain here I'm going to have lots of fun.

u2canbfmj
01-04-2008, 09:09 PM
I was just in MD last week and didn't see one sign or bumper sticker. So flying back to florida in orlando (OIA) my wife and I are taking the elevator down and she points out near the down button is a RON PAUL 08 sticker...I was like finally!

paulette
01-04-2008, 09:14 PM
This is a cool thread.

Xonox
01-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Omg we're everywhere!

Prez4TheNet
01-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Me and a few of my meetup group members decided to bring some signs and banners to our local New Years event. We reach there and start to hold up signs then this dude comes rushing towards us and points to his Ron Paul TShirt and took a sign from us and started holding it up. That just made our day.

Just imagine if this momentum, if this community, doesn't fizzle out even if Ron Paul loses... the change we can bring to to this country would be pretty astounding.

Triton
01-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Me and a few of my meetup group members decided to bring some signs and banners to our local New Years event. We reach there and start to hold up signs then this dude comes rushing towards us and points to his Ron Paul TShirt and took a sign from us and started holding it up. That just made our day.

Just imagine if this momentum, if this community, doesn't fizzle out even if Ron Paul loses... the change we can bring to to this country would be pretty astounding.He didn't whip out a marker to write, "Will work for food" on the reverse side of the sign, did he?

Tenbatsu
01-04-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm from northern Baltimore Co. in MD

I have a 4x2 sign attached to the back of my truck, you can't miss me. Several hundred people get to see my Ron Paul for President sign every day during my commute from Monkton to Baltimore. I have received a lot of honks and other signs of support on the road. There are quite a few Paulites here in Maryland, it's slowly starting to catch on.

Triton
01-04-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm from northern Baltimore Co. in MD

I have a 4x2 sign attached to the back of my truck, you can't miss me. Several hundred people get to see my Ron Paul for President sign every day during my commute from Monkton to Baltimore. I have received a lot of honks and other signs of support on the road. There are quite a few Paulites here in Maryland, it's slowly starting to catch on.I have only seen Ron Paul support two other places in Maryland: on Bayonne Ave in Baltimore City, there is a lawn sign, and driving down Old Harford Road in Parkville, there was a big white van in front of me with an 8.5x11 picture of RP in each of the back windows.

drexhex
01-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Triton, you're in Parkville!? I wish I knew before I left for Philadelphia! I live off of Taylor Avenue and have sign-waved a bunch at the corner of Perring Pkwy and Taylor Ave.

ecliptic
01-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Just imagine if this momentum, if this community, doesn't fizzle out even if Ron Paul loses... the change we can bring to to this country would be pretty astounding.

{ said like Dana Carvey impersonating George HW Bush }

"not ..... gonna ....fizzle!"

icon124
01-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Triton, you're in Parkville!? I wish I knew before I left for Philadelphia! I live off of Taylor Avenue and have sign-waved a bunch at the corner of Perring Pkwy and Taylor Ave.

wow...i worked down the street on hartford and taylor ave at the crabby cousins....lol freaky

krott5333
01-04-2008, 10:29 PM
ive got friends outside of Baltimore that are big RP supporters

Triton
01-04-2008, 10:31 PM
wow...i worked down the street on hartford and taylor ave at the crabby cousins....lol freakyI live right off of Old Harford, just before the city/county line. I pass there (Crabby Cousins) every day.

UnReconstructed
01-04-2008, 10:34 PM
I only know one other supporter that I didn't convert and he lives 2 states away.

crink
01-04-2008, 10:36 PM
I don't know any supporters... but I'm a precinct captain so that should change soon

hummtide
01-04-2008, 10:45 PM

Cheers!

LOL! DAMN RIGHT!

pacelli
01-04-2008, 10:51 PM

You guys should seriously start a Ron Paul meet-up group for your area. Just get together and work together to canvass, etc. I am actually from that area in MD (grew up in Monkton).

Mark Rushmore
01-04-2008, 10:51 PM
I don't know any supporters... but I'm a precinct captain so that should change soon

I'm just wondering, is there no Ron Paul Meetup that is close enough to you to be practical, or are there people on these forums that haven't heard about the Meetups?

Just trying to gauge whether there is some need to clearly get the message out on the forum about that other mechanism for meeting local people and taking action.

prlgrl
01-04-2008, 10:52 PM
...one of my clients bought me a $50 gift card, so I called ahead and made my reservation. They gave me a pager and told me to wait. As my bride and I are waiting, a man walks in with a Ron Paul T-shirt. I made the comment, "Look, there's the OTHER Ron Paul supporter in Maryland". It took him a second, but he looks up and says, "Oh yes - but I'm from Jersey." Then he asks me if I have the silver min-van with the Ron Paul bumper sticker, and I confess that I do. My wife, chuckling, makes the comment that "we are everywhere.".
We have an excellent dinner, and I hear the guy at the next table (a different person than the one at the door, I might add...) talk about how Biden and Dodd dropped out after the debate. I turn to my wife and say, "Only a Ron Paul supporter would even care." She begs me not to say anything - and then I hear him talk about eliminating the income tax and the Federal Reserve. At this point, I couldn't stand it any longer. I walked over, apologized for evesdropping, and asked him if he had just a general interest in politics or if he was a Ron Paul supporter. He looks up and says, "Do you have the silver min-van?" I nod yes. He says, "Well that makes two of us in this entire restaurant".
He's catchin' on, I tell ya...

PS - was that anyone on this forum?I'm in Forest Hill... I saw a sticker on a car at Barnes and Noble in Bel Air the day before the Blimp was to land in Harford county. I decided to write a note and leave it on the window of the car, just in case he/she didn't know. Then, as i was getting out of the car, the owner walked to the car. I was so excited to meet another RP supporter, I locked my keys in the car! All worth to meet another patriot!

icon124
01-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Local Newspaper Ads for Michigan, South Carolina, Nevada, and Florida...NEED help!
Guys This is gonna be my last post on this for the night, but again i'm trying to organize a local newspaper ad blitz in these states for weeks to come...what I want to do is advertise ads daily for the weeks coming up to the primaries....This would be the most effective way to get anything done, and gain many more voters in the process!

I need your help though if any of this is gonna get done...Honestly I can't do all of this on my own...

1. I need some people that can help with the visual appeal of the ads...They will prolly change from state to state, but we could use the same ad throughout the same state

2. I need people that will help with researching and calling these local papers, IF your from any of these states plz help me research these companies

3. I need someone that could create a local newspaper bltiz site.

4. I need to know if we can get enough people to donate to these ads

In order for any of this to be effective we must get these ads running ASAP...like early this week

Plz reply if you can help or know of anyone that can help on the forums!

wgadget
01-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Yesterday I took my kids to a movie, and when I went to pick them up some woman drove up to my car and rolled down her window. I was parked in the fire lane and I thought she was gonna tell me to move my van. Then she started gesturing and mouthing "Ron Paul." After I figured out what she was saying, I smiled at her and gave her the thumbs up.

Not five minutes later, a woman in a small car pulled up to me smiling big as day and looking at my magnets. Wow. Two RP supporters within about 5 minutes. I thought it was pretty cool.

prlgrl
01-04-2008, 10:55 PM
You guys should seriously start a Ron Paul meet-up group for your area. Just get together and work together to canvass, etc. I am actually from that area in MD (grew up in Monkton).I'm in Harford co. There is a meetup mtg in Hunt Valley, Monday night. Check out Northern Baltimore County 6th district Ron Paul supporters at meetup.com

espot
01-04-2008, 10:57 PM
I have a silver Chrysler mini-van with a RP sticker in Perrysburg, Ohio. We are not alone.

yheaok123
01-04-2008, 10:58 PM
I heard couple people at work start talking about Ron Paul at work . He is catching on.

malkusm
01-04-2008, 11:02 PM
I was coming into town on the highway here in Cambridge today and had my friend in the car who also likes RP (but unfortunately is registered Dem and didn't find out about him until it was too late to switch). Anyway this guy speeds up, to pass me I assume, but he slows down to my speed along side of my car. I look over and he's frantically mouthing the words "RON PAUL!" and giving me the thumbs up. I gave him the thumbs up back...haha.

kidal25
01-04-2008, 11:06 PM
I remember a couple of weeks ago in my high school football game the band didn't want to listen to our over controlling band directors and drum majors. A couple of my friends got in trouble and I yelled, "Stand up for your rights. Ron Paul R[3VOL]UTION." A kid sitting next to me said, "You like Ron Paul too." I replied, "Hell yeah the government and no one else can't tell me how to live." I thought I was the only Ron Paul guy at my school but it's definitely catching on. I just hope we walk our talk.

Richie
01-04-2008, 11:08 PM
For those curious about a Parkville Meetup group, there is a new third congressional district group that was just formed.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1467/

prlgrl
01-04-2008, 11:09 PM
I work in Timonium MD and the other day someone left a sticky note on my car saying "I'm a RP supporter too" becuz i had a bumper sticker....RP is huge here too....WBAL radio today did a really good broadcast promoting him earlier...and i did my share calling in and talking bout RP!!I heard it and posted about it to. Matt Towery (sp) was being interviewed. He has a YouTube video explaining why Ron Reg would vote for for RP. There's a meetup in Hunt Valley Mond. are you signed up with 6th district North. Balto County Ron Paul Supporters?

Vendico
01-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Anytime I have to sign something, I put "go ron paul" or something to that effect. Did it tonight when signing for my prescriptions at CVS.

prlgrl
01-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Anytime I have to sign something, I put "go ron paul" or something to that effect. Did it tonight when signing for my prescriptions at CVS.
Great idea!

RevolutionSD
01-04-2008, 11:20 PM
I put RP 2008 lapel stickers on all newspaper dispensers I come across!