PDA

View Full Version : stop being a**holes

adwads
01-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Stop being assholes everybody...I just posted a thread and all I got was snide comments...why have we lost respect for each other?

newmedia4ron
01-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Stop being assholes everybody...I just posted a thread and all I got was snide comments...why have we lost respect for each other?

Every group has their assholes
probability says so

Just don't reply to such comments

jd603
01-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Nah there's just trolls and possibly some people discouraged with Iowa's results.

Iowa's results shouldn't change anything. , At LEAST wait for NH, but even then keep pushing even if results are not what we had hoped.

mconder
01-04-2008, 08:36 PM
No doubt.

constituent
01-04-2008, 08:36 PM
don't sweat it... when it gets bad, leave.

i find that the higher the number of people viewing a particular forum, the worse the vibes.

tsetsefly
01-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Every group has their assholes
probability says so

Just don't reply to such comments

plus many who had high unrealistic hopes yesterday are mad, I am to that huckabee won, lol, I cant believe that...

Akus
01-04-2008, 08:39 PM

I am a proud Ron Paul asshole:D;)

Nyte
01-04-2008, 08:41 PM

Stop trolling then...

What do you expect when you make posts titled: "We need to start running all aspects of the campaign ourselves"

newmedia4ron
01-04-2008, 08:41 PM
plus many who had high unrealistic hopes yesterday are mad, I am to that huckabee won, lol, I cant believe that...

c'mon Huck was polling so high of course he was going to get first. I thought Ron could place fourth, he didn't miss third by much, we can learn from our mistakes.

pacelli
01-04-2008, 08:53 PM

Since I respect you as a poster here, and I know that this type of post is very out of character for you, I thought of a few things that might serve as a possible answer to your question: Why have we lost respect for each other? The short answer is that we've been playing a political game of twister, and somebody forgot the baby oil.

1. The Iowa Situation = Ron Paul gets 10%

Positive people are saying that this is a wonderful placing, he got just high enough to be included in the ABC debate tomorrow night. Then the negative people outraged over the FoxNews forum exclusion want everyone to continually call, email, and fax Fox. There are debate threads going on right now over these issues.

2. The campaign

Positive people are saying that the campaign is doing a wonderful job, they are on a logarythmic curve (place small at first, pick up steam with each primary/caucus) and believe that you should never critique the campaign. Others simply feel the campaign is to blame for Dr. Paul's 10% placing, their lack of acceptable ads, their inability to get Carol Paul out in front of the press to be seen with her husband (to show family values, 50+ years of marriage). That the campaign is not marketing Ron as a top-tier candidate.

3. The Grassroots

The grassroots are engaging in an internal struggle for power -- specifically, motivating people to get off their ass and recruit voters (i.e. phone lists, canvassing) as opposed to bumping youtube videos, thinking about new moneybomb ideas, and posting on the forums all day.

Basically the forums currently look like a stirred hornet's nest. We have alot of heavy-hitting, dangerous bees. We are united in our protection of the hive (freedom from tyranny), and the different groups are battling from within for prime real estate.

I think respect has been lost (and continues to be overlooked) because of the above stressors that we've had to manage in such a short period of time.

A nice prescription that I've found always works well is by looking in the mirror and saying 3 times: "Save the drama for your mamma." Believe me, it'll get you laughing and ready to look at these forums in an entirely new light.

Just my 2c, flame away if it will help you :)

adwads
01-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Since I respect you as a poster here, and I know that this type of post is very out of character for you, I thought of a few things that might serve as a possible answer to your question: Why have we lost respect for each other? The short answer is that we've been playing a political game of twister, and somebody forgot the baby oil.

1. The Iowa Situation = Ron Paul gets 10%

Positive people are saying that this is a wonderful placing, he got just high enough to be included in the ABC debate tomorrow night. Then the negative people outraged over the FoxNews forum exclusion want everyone to continually call, email, and fax Fox. There are debate threads going on right now over these issues.

2. The campaign

Positive people are saying that the campaign is doing a wonderful job, they are on a logarythmic curve (place small at first, pick up steam with each primary/caucus) and believe that you should never critique the campaign. Others simply feel the campaign is to blame for Dr. Paul's 10% placing, their lack of acceptable ads, their inability to get Carol Paul out in front of the press to be seen with her husband (to show family values, 50+ years of marriage). That the campaign is not marketing Ron as a top-tier candidate.

3. The Grassroots

The grassroots are engaging in an internal struggle for power -- specifically, motivating people to get off their ass and recruit voters (i.e. phone lists, canvassing) as opposed to bumping youtube videos, thinking about new moneybomb ideas, and posting on the forums all day.

Basically the forums currently look like a stirred hornet's nest. We have alot of heavy-hitting, dangerous bees. We are united in our protection of the hive (freedom from tyranny), and the different groups are battling from within for prime real estate.

I think respect has been lost (and continues to be overlooked) because of the above stressors that we've had to manage in such a short period of time.

A nice prescription that I've found always works well is by looking in the mirror and saying 3 times: "Save the drama for your mamma." Believe me, it'll get you laughing and ready to look at these forums in an entirely new light.

Just my 2c, flame away if it will help you :)

That was helpful, thanks. :)

Sey.Naci
01-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Stop trolling then...

What do you expect when you make posts titled: "We need to start running all aspects of the campaign ourselves"What Nyte said.

Am sick of all the hysterical, alarmist thread titles.

EDA: Just saw this, by pacelli: "A nice prescription that I've found always works well is by looking in the mirror and saying 3 times: 'Save the drama for your mamma'. Believe me, it'll get you laughing and ready to look at these forums in an entirely new light." :D

txgirl
01-04-2008, 10:25 PM

I know exactly what you're talking about. I encountered it when I first joined this site and foresee it happening again.

The attitudes I observed initially made me think "self, you can find a more objective place to go and discss thoughts, issues, etc..."

Well, I'm back, and it's because I've decided to say F-U to the A-holes, and totally disregard what they have to say unless it's constructive.

This forum is about Dr. Paul... Keep focus!

Don't let it get to you, everyone here seems to have had to deal with it at some point as well. ;)