PDA

View Full Version : WYOMING Ron Paul Supporters, CAUCUS TOMORROW!

nsheedy
01-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Wyoming is a Caucus state!!! The votes counted on Jan. 5th in Wyoming are NOT the primary election!!!

When you show up and vote at your precinct caucus tomorrow, remember that your vote is NOT binding on who will be the Republican nominee!

Stick around and make sure your VOTE FOR A RON PAUL SUPPORTER to be your Precinct Delegate to your County Convention.

In Wyoming, the delegates are NOT bound by the votes for presidential candidates that were cast in their precincts!!! Delegates are free to vote thier conscience, or change their minds before the National Convention.

The ALL-IMPORTANT thing is to get as many Ron Paul supporters elected as PRECINCT DELEGATES who will then meet at their respective County Conventions to select delegates for the District Conventions, and then the State Convention, and it is there that the Delegates for the national Convention will be selected.

To whom Wyoming will give its electoral votes will NOT be decided Saturday, but delegates who will decide will be among the delegates who came up through the conventions from the precinct level.

SHOW UP AND VOTE FOR RON PAUL, BUT MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR RON PAUL SUPPORTERS TO BE YOUR DELEGATE!!! BETTER YET, VIE TO BE ONE OF THOSE DELEGATES TO YOUR COUNTY CONVENTION, AND YOU CAN WORK YOUR WAY UP THE CONVENTIONS TO SUPPORT RON PAUL ALL THE WAY!!

Diana
01-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Wyoming is a Caucus state!!! The votes counted on Jan. 5th in Wyoming are NOT the primary election!!!

When you show up and vote at your precinct caucus tomorrow, remember that your vote is NOT binding on who will be the Republican nominee!

Stick around and make sure your VOTE FOR A RON PAUL SUPPORTER to be your Precinct Delegate to your County Convention.

In Wyoming, the delegates are NOT bound by the votes for presidential candidates that were cast in their precincts!!! Delegates are free to vote thier conscience, or change their minds before the National Convention.

The ALL-IMPORTANT thing is to get as many Ron Paul supporters elected as PRECINCT DELEGATES who will then meet at their respective County Conventions to select delegates for the District Conventions, and then the State Convention, and it is there that the Delegates for the national Convention will be selected.

To whom Wyoming will give its electoral votes will NOT be decided Saturday, but delegates who will decide will be among the delegates who came up through the conventions from the precinct level.

SHOW UP AND VOTE FOR RON PAUL, BUT MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR RON PAUL SUPPORTERS TO BE YOUR DELEGATE!!! BETTER YET, VIE TO BE ONE OF THOSE DELEGATES TO YOUR COUNTY CONVENTION, AND YOU CAN WORK YOUR WAY UP THE CONVENTIONS TO SUPPORT RON PAUL ALL THE WAY!!

FALSE INFORMATION!!!!

Our caucuses were held in December. We are actually choosing real delegates tomorrow! This is the real deal. We're electing delegates to be sent to the RNC tomorrow. Twelve of our 14 delegates will in fact be voted on tomorrow.

AgentPaul001
01-04-2008, 08:39 PM
I thought that there were only 800 people eligible to vote tommorow based upon some sort of voting done in December?

Whats already been done in Wyoming voting wise?

allyinoh
01-04-2008, 08:40 PM
This is all confusing..

AgentPaul001
01-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Diana do we know if any of the eligible 800 are Paul supporters? And have the larger meetup groups in Wyoming coordinated to see hw many delegates you might be able to vote in?

Best of luck, thanks for all your hard work.

Diana
01-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Diana do we know if any of the eligible 800 are Paul supporters? And have the larger meetup groups in Wyoming coordinated to see hw many delegates you might be able to vote in?

Best of luck, thanks for all your hard work.

Some will be, but I have no idea how many. The largest and most organized meetup group is in Cheyenne (Laramie county) so if there's a county that has a good chance of electing a delegate for Ron Paul, I'd say that could be the one. Teton county also has it seems a pretty good number of RP supporters.

I'm an alternate for the Natrona County convention tomorrow, and will only get to vote if one of the two delegates for my precinct (an elderly couple who live a block from me) don't show up.

12 counties each choose a delegate to the RNC tomorrow, the rest only get to choose an alternate. Our remaining 2 delegates won't be chosen until May. (We only get 14 delegates as punishment for going so early)

Diana
01-04-2008, 09:02 PM
I thought that there were only 800 people eligible to vote tommorow based upon some sort of voting done in December?

Whats already been done in Wyoming voting wise?

Yes. In December we had precinct caucuses, which is similar to what Iowa had yesterday where we chose delegates to attend the county conventions that are happening tomorrow. PCs were automatic delegates, but any empty spots could be filled by anyone who showed up. I could only become an alternate at mine because the PC slots were full.

Tomorrow all those delegates meet in their counties and they will choose the actual delegates to the RNC. These delegates will say who they are supporting before we vote on them, and any Republican can choose to run for delegate tomorrow. Twelve delegates will be chosen, and so we'll know tomorrow which candidates have actual delegates to the RNC from WY.

Additionally there will be a statewide convention in May where the final 2 delegates are chosen. Delegates to attend the statewide convention will also be selected tomorrow in addition to the 12 actual RNC delegates for WY.

kushaze
01-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Lets hope that we get some delegates out of this one to pull ahead of McCain and Thompson

nsheedy
01-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks for setting me straight Diana!!! I got bombarded with info and didn't check it all.

Diana
01-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks for setting me straight Diana!!! I got bombarded with info and didn't check it all.

No problem. Not even many people here know much about it. There will be less than 1000 people voting tomorrow.

RPDelegate
01-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Damn, based on what Diana is saying, is it just me or doesn't it sound like the campaign in Wyoming had their shit together better than the campaign in Iowa did? I mean she talks about PC's automatically being delegates, and how PC spots were already filled, etc. Whereas in Iowa, I have stuggled to find a lot of PCs there and based on CSPAN video of the Iowa caucus, there was even a problem finding RP delegates at the caucuses.

Diana
01-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Damn, based on what Diana is saying, is it just me or doesn't it sound like the campaign in Wyoming had their shit together better than the campaign in Iowa did? I mean she talks about PC's automatically being delegates, and how PC spots were already filled, etc. Whereas in Iowa, I have stuggled to find a lot of PCs there and based on CSPAN video of the Iowa caucus, there was even a problem finding RP delegates at the caucuses.

No. The Precinct Committee spots were filled by Romney folks in my precinct. An older couple who have repeatedly run for PC for years. It's just the way the WY system works that PCs are delegates to the conventions. They were elected 2 years ago, but there were open spots in some precincts that could be filled by RP supporters.

I did just get an email from Carl that we might be able to take a few counties here though.

And weather might be on our side, though these aren't unusual winds for around here:
http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=WYZ020&warncounty=WYC025&firewxzone=WYZ280&local_place1=Casper+WY&product1=Hazardous+Weather+Outlook

fortilite
01-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Campaign screwed up, it was grassroots that organized everything and got the vote out.

kutibah
01-04-2008, 11:54 PM
By the way guys, remember that with the Ron Paul Letter Writing Campaign (http://www.louislogan.com/letters/index.asp) we wrote a letter to each of the 813 that will be voting tomorrow!

rtil
01-05-2008, 01:04 AM
I have higher hopes for Wyoming than Iowa.

dannno
01-05-2008, 01:29 AM
By the way guys, remember that with the Ron Paul Letter Writing Campaign (http://www.louislogan.com/letters/index.asp) we wrote a letter to each of the 813 that will be voting tomorrow!

+1,000,000

:)

thegr8drronpaul
01-05-2008, 03:10 AM
Can someone point me to the letter writing thread around here? I'm not so good at cold calling, but I can do letters :) Is there a post on where to get contact info and a template to follow? Thanks!

Never mind, I wrote pre-maturely once again and found it at the link posted above. Requesting my letter info now!

Sarge
01-05-2008, 06:53 AM
Diana and all, thank you for the feed back.

From here in Phoenix, that weather report looks nasty. I will be here hoping it is worse and they can't bus in Romney people. Wishing us all luck today. 5 delegates would make us number 1, 4 would be great and 3 very respectable.

I hope the Ron Paul PC's head out early based on that weather. I guess you are use to it there up there. Good luck and go Ron Paul

tgannaway89
01-05-2008, 07:38 AM
Best of luck Wyoming!

amistybleu
01-05-2008, 08:55 AM
Hopefully 1000 rabid Paul supporters. :)