PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes, it takes a stranger...

Malum Prohibitum
01-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Maybe I am unique, but there are a number of people I know who are absolutely RIPE for a Paul conversion, but for whatever reason just aren't going to listen to a family member, or a personal friend, particularly a younger one, about politics.

For whatever reason, pride, prejudice, past history, alot of people just arent open to the people they know telling them about something they are passionate about, maybe this is because of too much Amway or Girl Scout cookies or whatever...

One thing I know that my Mormon friends do, when they would like to approach someone that they think is a good candidate, is to sick the 'missionaries' on them. This isnt some evil conspiracy so much as it is a way to introduce new ideas in a nonthreatening manner, without putting personal relationships at risk. People at times are much more likely to do something if they think it is their own idea..

Now that the precinct captains list is forming, why couldnt we do the same thing? Couldnt we build a database of people who we think are ripe for the RP message, and that way the local precinct captain could be make sure to drop a flyer or make a call or two? I can think of at least 20 people who Id love to see get a flyer on their door, so long as it didnt come from me personally. How bout you?

OptionsTrader
01-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Malum,

If you have friends or family that need to get Ron Pauled from someone else, I recommend that you request a meetup group member or fellow precinct captain in your county to come to your aid. Keeps it local and keeps it effective.

Malum Prohibitum
01-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Malum,
If you have friends or family that need to get Ron Pauled from someone else, I recommend that you request a meetup group member or fellow precinct captain in your county to come to your aid. Keeps it local and keeps it effective.

I think you are missing the point, here. I am saying that THEIR precinct captain should contact them... This is about sharing leads to the local boots on the ground. Nice, neutral, nonthreatening boots with slimjims and smiles.