PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Calls Local News Stations In 1 Million+ Metro Areas And Offers Interview Via

C-Dogg
01-04-2008, 07:43 PM
...SATELLITE. Campaign staff coordinates it and Paul sits and does 50 interviews+ in one day, back to back to back, like celebs do when they're promoting movies.

Will it work?

Potential problem 1) Local news not interested.
Answer) Not a problem. They will be thrilled and ecstatic to get a national heavyweight on and interviewed by the local news celebrity during early primaries.

Potential problem 2) expensive
Answer) It's actually FREE

Potential problem 3) Will reach more people than any other strategy. Regular folks, not Alex Jones listeners. Tens of millions in one day.
Answer) That's correct.

Potential problem 4) hostile interviewers makes him look bad
Answer) Local news people will be awed by his power and status and will be uber polite

Potential problem 5) reaches people who aren't seeking to watch their man Paul as a hobby, and does so by the tens of millions.
Answer) Yup

DO IT-We're in the middle of the war on a blazing battlefield... NOW.

UtahApocalypse
01-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Is this a idea or something happening?

MrOblivious
01-04-2008, 07:46 PM
I would love it if this were something that was actually happening. Is it?

C-Dogg
01-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Is this a idea or something happening?

Sorry, it's an idea. Please, let's get on this. I'm sure people have thought of this. Take the idea. Change it. Whatever. Someone tight with HQ needs to get this started.

bcasanov
01-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Bump

american.swan
01-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Blimp. Great Idea. HQ...hello...anyone there....hello....hello....maybe I'll vote for the Libertarian.

libertythor
01-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Hell yeah! This can be pulled off without a super expensive public relations firm!

Actually, where the hell are the journalism and communications majors that are looking for an internship? RP does well on campuses, right?

LMAO

Keep this bumping until the cows come home!

libertythor
01-04-2008, 07:59 PM
bump

Important! Screw hiring a public relations firm, as has been suggested on this forum. This one has the best shot of working and will not cost very much at all!

NerveShocker
01-04-2008, 08:02 PM
You want Ron Paul do 50 interviews in one day..? Talk about asking too much.. this is extreme. Your hearts in the right place I think.. but this is just crazy. ;)

celticsman7
01-04-2008, 08:03 PM
I'd suggest January 9th. He won't need to be doing that much campaigning the day after New Hampshire and it'd be good to get on TV after a nice performance.

homah
01-04-2008, 08:04 PM
There is no reason why this cannot happen. In the movie "Spin" that was posted the other day, they showed Clinton doing tons of short interviews in a row with local affiliates during his initial run at the primary.

RPinSEAZ
01-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Really terrific idea IMO. Old people watch local news broadcasts. Old people make up the republican party. Talk about his plan to fix social security forever.

mannycp
01-04-2008, 08:08 PM
bump

RPinSEAZ
01-04-2008, 08:10 PM
I'm sure most local news stations throughout the country would love to get an interview with a presidential candidate. Bypass the MSM!!!

gerryb
01-04-2008, 08:15 PM
great idea. How do you get interviews on local stations? Can we have a pledge system/website? Set it up for a certain day, have each station pledge, and as they pledge their info would be sent to HQ and HQ would take the co-ordination from there. The pledges could appear on the website (sans contant info) so everyone would know what local stations would be carrying RP that day....

homah
01-04-2008, 08:17 PM
great idea. How do you get interviews on local stations? Can we have a pledge system/website? Set it up for a certain day, have each station pledge, and as they pledge their info would be sent to HQ and HQ would take the co-ordination from there. The pledges could appear on the website (sans contant info) so everyone would know what local stations would be carrying RP that day....

Why can't HQ just call the stations and set the time. I can't picture any local stations turning down the opportunity to interview a presidential candidate.

I do like the idea of having the list of stations that are interviewing him appearing on a website.

boethius27
01-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Better than a blimp. Thats for sure.

Thumper
01-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Maybe this could be offered up to local FOX affiliates in exchange for not boycotting them and their advertisers for excluding RP from the forum in New Hampshire?

OptionsTrader
01-04-2008, 08:30 PM
News flash, it isn't our job to micromanage the campaign.

These threads criticizing the campaign are pointless, useless, and distracting to what your job is, getting votes from your precinct. That's it. Get more people in your locale to join.

All of this negativity in the last 24 hours is totally reactionary and immature.

Move forward with optimism not ranting and raving about things out of your control.

Become a precinct captain and canvass your precinct tomorrow.

If you do not do that, and choose instead to assert your perceived superiority of the campaign, you aren't helping anyone. Let the campaign do the campaign's job, and let's do ours. Please.

Do something POSITIVE:

CLICK: http://voters.ronpaul2008.com

libertythor
01-04-2008, 09:23 PM
I am not bumping this out of negativity. This is just a great idea!

Lets not forget newspapers, urban and rural. Some will bite; others won't.

News flash, it isn't our job to micromanage the campaign.

These threads criticizing the campaign are pointless, useless, and distracting to what your job is, getting votes from your precinct. That's it. Get more people in your locale to join.

All of this negativity in the last 24 hours is totally reactionary and immature.

Move forward with optimism not ranting and raving about things out of your control.

Become a precinct captain and canvass your precinct tomorrow.

If you do not do that, and choose instead to assert your perceived superiority of the campaign, you aren't helping anyone. Let the campaign do the campaign's job, and let's do ours. Please.

Do something POSITIVE:

CLICK: http://voters.ronpaul2008.com

RPinSEAZ
01-04-2008, 09:29 PM
This really is a great idea. Has anybody passed this along to someone at the campaign?

1913_to_2008
01-04-2008, 09:32 PM
...SATELLITE. Campaign staff coordinates it and Paul sits and does 50 interviews+ in one day, back to back to back, like celebs do when they're promoting movies.

Will it work?

Potential problem 1) Local news not interested.
Answer) Not a problem. They will be thrilled and ecstatic to get a national heavyweight on and interviewed by the local news celebrity during early primaries.

Potential problem 2) expensive
Answer) It's actually FREE

Potential problem 3) Will reach more people than any other strategy. Regular folks, not Alex Jones listeners. Tens of millions in one day.
Answer) That's correct.

Potential problem 4) hostile interviewers makes him look bad
Answer) Local news people will be awed by his power and status and will be uber polite

Potential problem 5) reaches people who aren't seeking to watch their man Paul as a hobby, and does so by the tens of millions.
Answer) Yup

DO IT-We're in the middle of the war on a blazing battlefield... NOW.

I didn't like your opinion about the use of time for the AJ show but, I think you're on to something here. How do we get them to move forward with something like this.

roversaurus
01-04-2008, 09:33 PM
It seems obvious to me.

Politicians have done this for years.
They hand out news stories to local TV across the country.

I hope they do something like this.
Perhaps set aside an hour a day for the activity.

libertythor
01-04-2008, 09:40 PM
It seems obvious to me.

Politicians have done this for years.
They hand out news stories to local TV across the country.

I hope they do something like this.
Perhaps set aside an hour a day for the activity.

A team of 5 trusted and dedicated people should be hired for this full time. Or maybe 2 fulltime and some RP supporters majoring in Journalism or Communications that are looking for an internship.

C-Dogg
01-04-2008, 09:49 PM
I didn't like your opinion about the use of time for the AJ show but, I think you're on to something here. How do we get them to move forward with something like this.

Was getting too emotional from yesterday.

If it's true that Bill Clinton The First did this during his primaries, then there's no reason the campaign shouldn't leverage the 10% into at least an attempt at this.

I don't know if this would've worked just one month ago! Now, it seems like a guarantee to me and many others. I don't want to micromange the campaign, but this could be a valuable idea, and the grassroots cannot do this by themselves, unlike many other ideas. This can only be achieved by headquarters. We can't schedule a Paul interview ourselves.

The cost vs reach of this could be almost maximally efficient. I don't think I'm superior to the campaign. This strategy just needs to be on the table. Especially since it has the quality of almost being self-evidently valuable.

C-Dogg
01-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Implementation would be fairly straight forward and would require almost zero prep. It basically requires the decision to implement, and that's most of it.

The major broadcast networks usually each have a local affiliate in a big metro market. Googling the exact station and their contact info would take a few minutes. Someone from campaign contacts, coordinates, and they get to pre-record 7 minutes of raw footage with Paul to utilize into their newscast. This lets them tailor it to the interests of the locality. Schedule the interviews almost back to back to back for efficiency. It will be somewhat tedious for Paul after awhile, but that's life. He doesn't have to run himself into the ground testing his endurance.

We could even roll this in by hitting the major metros in only upcoming primary states. That way, it would be less than an hour of Paul's time per day, yet the coverage would be invaluable, all obtained at zero cost.

libertythor
01-05-2008, 08:42 AM
bump

hasan
01-05-2008, 08:50 AM
this is a great idea. i think ghemminger has contacts with the campaign. relay it thru him

Haywood1974
01-05-2008, 09:02 AM
I think it would be a great idea.....especially with all of the states coming up on Super Tuesday....

mbrebstock
01-05-2008, 09:31 AM
wonderful idea

libertythor
01-05-2008, 10:20 AM
bump

WilliamC
01-05-2008, 10:25 AM
You want Ron Paul do 50 interviews in one day..? Talk about asking too much.. this is extreme. Your hearts in the right place I think.. but this is just crazy. ;)

Hey 20 a day for 3 days would be just as good :)

libertythor
01-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Hey 20 a day for 3 days would be just as good :)

That would be good too. What counts is the concept behind the plan.

WilliamC
01-05-2008, 10:32 AM
I know for a fact that Mike Fleming on WREC 600 AM in Memphis has said on air he would have Ron Paul on and this was back in June. Just yesterday I spoke with him on air and Mike Fleming said he believed that there was an effort by the MSM to keep Ron Paul from being talked about. This station reaches ~1 million in the Heart of Huckabee/Thompson country.

libertythor
01-05-2008, 10:46 AM
That doesn't mean that this can't be attempted.

libertythor
01-05-2008, 12:03 PM
bump

Abyss
01-05-2008, 12:05 PM
bumpity bump bump bump

terryhamel
01-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Brilliant idea! I'm forwarding this to our regional coordinator in hopes that she can sway Maureen Moore to take it to fruition.