PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions for great idea!

carla8478
01-04-2008, 07:39 PM
My sister just had a great idea. You know how everyone loves to circulate funny joke emails right? And how people do spoof's off of David Letterman's Top Ten Lists? Well she suggested writing one for Ron Paul and sending it out. People love a good laugh so we would gain 3 advantages. 1)If the email is really funny, people probably won't be bashful about passing it along. People will pass along a joke email when at the same time they're too shy to talk about politics. 2)If the email is cute and funny people will associate Ron Paul with the positive feeling they got by laughing their butts off. 3)We're trying to reach more than just the internet demographic and a lot of people who aren't so internet savvy still have the basic skill of being able to check their email.

My sister has suggested one already and I'm looking for more contributions.

TOP TEN REASONS TO VOTE FOR RON PAUL:

- He is an obstetrician, so if you ever go into labor at the White House you know you'll be taken care of.

Others I've thought of:

- He was flight surgeon, so if you ever go into labor on Air Force One he can deliver your baby
- We called and called and called and just couldn't get a hold of George Washington

I'm not the funniest person so mine are just so so, but I have seen some really creative slogans for bumper stickers on this site so I'm hoping you guys can some up with some really great top ten reasons.

The top tens are meant to be funny and not serious, at the bottom of the email I will put something about, "Seriously, check Ron Paul out at www.RonPaul2008.com and find out about the really great reasons to vote for Ron Paul."

Respond with your suggestions.

Thanks,
Carla

carla8478
01-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Here are some others I thought of:

- Because there's just something sexy about a man on a tractor. (No offense Mrs. Paul )
- Because I'm dying for some of those great fish sticks of Mrs. Paul's
- Because a man with 5 children and 17 grandchildren already knows how to run a nation
-Because all those other guys' names are too complicated. I'm overworked, underpaid, and tired, but I can remember Ron Paul.
-Because many of the past generation presidents haven't had more than 2 syllables in their last name. Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson. We've got a great pattern going, why break it?

Again, mine are not the best, what can you guys come up with?

carla8478
01-06-2008, 01:01 AM
bump

noztnac
01-06-2008, 01:32 AM
Because all the other guys are assholes.

tcindie
01-07-2008, 06:33 PM
That's funny because it's true. :)

flannerywannabe
01-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Knows the difference between a bookshelf and a crucifix

RonRules
01-08-2008, 05:00 PM
It is a good idea, let's keep this up.

Mine:

-- Because he'll fly coach on Air Force One.
-- Because he'll bring back FOX hunting as a national sport.
-- Because Stephanopoulos will have to empty his pockets.

carla8478
01-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Okay, we came up with our finalized version of the top ten list. I'm pasting it below. I loved a lot of the ideas you guys came up with too and laughed out loud, but we're trying to reach new people and for a lot of the jokes you had to be in on the Ron Paul Revolution to get them. So I say let's keep this thread going so that we can share the laughs with our fellow Ron Paulites, but let's send the one below out on the World Wide Web because I think most everybody will get it even if they don't know a lot about Ron Paul.

Here's the one my sister finally came up with:

Subject: Funny Joke Email About Ron Paul, Pass Along, I Laughed My Butt Off

TOP TEN REASONS TO VOTE FOR RON PAUL

10. If the nation is not down with Ron Paul then the nation will just be going down.

9. Think of how many Ron's and Paul's will be able to say they were named after the President of the United States.

8. Anyone has got to be better than voting for Hillary. (With all the smart women in the US, no one else was available?!?)

7. He is one of the few people in office that can not only say the word "Constitution", and spell it, but has actually read it.

6. Well, you were too busy to run, so he's the next best thing.

5. If he ever gets bored talking about politics I bet he has some good delivery stories. (As an obstetrician he delivered over 4,000 babies.)

4. Finally a President who knows enough to write a book about something other than himself.

3. With 5 kids and 16 grandkids, you know this man knows how to clean house.

2. If you go into labor in the White House, they'll have a doctor on call 24/7.

-------------Drum Roll Please-------------

The number one reason to vote for Ron Paul.........

1. After trying to reach him with several calls, emails, faxes, and letters, GEORGE WASHINGTON was unavailable!

Written by my sister, Toni M. of Louisiana

Thanks for reading the email, we hope you had a good laugh. But, seriously, to find out more about Ron Paul and his extensive knowledge of foreign policy, economics, and good government principles, check out his website at http://www.ronpaul2008.com. There you will also find his well-grounded positions on lots of other issues. If you want knowledgeable solutions for this country that will work instead of ideas that just "sound good" or "look like they might be a good idea," then Ron Paul is your man.

Thanks,
Carla M. of Louisiana

If you like this send it out and let's get it circulating. Let's see if we can't cure some more apathy out there. GO RON PAUL!

Claudette
01-09-2008, 02:47 AM
This may sound like a frivolous idea but what about a campaign song. How many of you hum jingles off the television long after the commercial is over? Songs and/or jingles stick in peoples heads, that’s why advertisers use them.

I’m not a lyricist and wouldn’t even begin to know how to re-write lyrics to a song, but as this is a revolution, how about using the song by the Beatles, Revolution? Young or old, everyone knows who the Beatles are and are familiar with their work. Not only will it give young people hope for the future and feel they have the power to change the country for the better, it will bring back nostalgic memories for the older generation.

Instead of chanting at rallies and coming across as a load of loonies, we should adopt a campaign song and sing that. It’s a lot more peaceful than screaming or chanting, which is Dr. Paul’s philosophy, and it will certainly catch people’s attention of 100, 200, 300 people are stood there singing a song they recognize.

Look back at the early 90’s Clinton’s campaign song was Don’t Stop Thinking about Tomorrow…everyone knew the song, it was upbeat and people remembered it. Even when you heard it on the radio you associated it with the Clinton campaign. This created name recongition, which is what Dr. Paul needs.

Although the lyrics to this song doesn’t exactly fit Dr. Paul’s message, I’m sure there is a talented person out there that could remedy that.

You say you want a revolution
Well you know
We'd all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well you know
We'd all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know you that can count me out
Don't you know it's gonna be alright [x3]

You say you got a real solution
Well you know
We'd all want to see the plan