PDA

View Full Version : the TRUTH about Zogby's latest NH Poll

jd603
01-04-2008, 07:09 PM
They did not poll Independents , only "Likely Republican voters" , in NH indi's can vote either party and Ron won the Indi vote in Iowa, thus the poll is completely worthless in testing Ron's standing in NH and I'd bet money on it personally. I wouldn't have bet a dime on Iowa because it's a weird state and the voting process is compromised anyway.

Ron will do much better than the latest Zogby poll shows, I'd bet $1,000,000 on it. :)

Edit: what's even more ironic is they go on to mention how important Indi voters are for their DEMOCRAT portion of the polling (http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1412).

---------------
http://www.zogby.com/methodology/readmeth.dbm?ID=1247

"Zogby International was commissioned by [Reuters and C-Span] to conduct a telephone survey of [Likely Republican Primary Voters].

The target sample is [1076] interviews with approximately [31] questions asked. Samples are randomly drawn from telephone cd’s of national listed sample. Zogby International surveys employ sampling strategies in which selection probabilities are proportional to population size within area codes and exchanges. Up to six calls are made to reach a sampled phone number. Cooperation rates are calculated using one of AAPOR’s approved methodologies[3] and are comparable to other professional public-opinion surveys conducted using similar sampling strategies.[4] Weighting by [party, age, gender, religion] is used to adjust for non-response. The margin of error is +/- 3.0 percentage points. Margins of error are higher in sub-groups."

ronpaulyourmom
01-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Um, I think they called all registered voters and relied on self-identification to determine who the likely republican primary voters were.

Dave Wood
01-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Here we go again.....wake up everyone! The polls are within their margin of error. Its called denial, we have to look at what we are talking to voters about----because they arent buying it.

coboman
01-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Ron will do much better than the latest Zogby poll shows, I'd bet $1,000,000 on it. :)

I'll take that bet!

Because they originally asked for only 12 million to win both Iowa and NH. So 6 million per state.

But they already lost Iowa.

So we have effectively bet 19.5 million that he will win NH.

And you are betting only 1 million? I'm in.