PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Ohio Ballet?

CanadiansLoveRonPaul
01-04-2008, 06:54 PM
How did it go in Ohio? I still see a couple of red numbers on ohio4ronpaul.com so any indication of how things went would be appreciated!

sora
01-04-2008, 08:35 PM
This is from an email sent out by Maryanne Petranek earlier today:

"I just wanted to let everyone know that all the congressional districts have been filed in Ohio along with the at large and at large alternates. On Friday, January 4, 2008, the at large delegates were filed with the Secretary of State's office and CD 6 was filed at the Columbiana Board of Elections at Lisbon, Ohio.

There were a lot of hurdles to cross these past 16 days but all of the obstacles were overcome and the state of Ohio has what I consider a perfect filing. We will find out sometime in the next 1-3 weeks if we were successful at putting Ron Paul on the ballot officially in Ohio. There were no problems filing at any of the locations across the state."

Fox McCloud
01-04-2008, 11:13 PM
that's good to hear...hopefully we'll get a "yes, he'll be on the ballot" answer from the Secretary of State.

jb4ronpaul
01-04-2008, 11:24 PM
the grassroots did unbelievable things to make this happen. i can't even begin to describe.

SneakyFrenchSpy
01-12-2008, 05:10 AM
Here's a good article describing what went down with getting RP on the ballot...

http://www.thejershow.com/2008/01/rats-in-ron-pauls-cellar.html

Thanks for nothing Doug Joseph...

tomcr
01-16-2008, 09:12 PM
I hope the stuff about joseph isn't true. I'm a district 2 delegate.

mac47@fuse.net
01-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Tom (Crush, right?),
I'm an at-large alternate delegate, and I also circulated the petition for district 3. While I don't know any inside details about Doug Joseph, I can attest that he gave bad directions about soliciting signatures, telling circulators to do so at their local post office, which is illegal. My postmaster showed me the rules and asked me to stop. When I called Joseph about it, he said I was the only one reporting any such difficulty, and that I should just continue anyway.

The fact that we were not given petitions to circulate until just about the week of Christmas is also a real problem that should probably be laid at Doug Joseph's feet. That by itself was a reason enough to ask for his resignation, no matter whether he was 100% committed to RP or not.

FSP-Rebel
01-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Any of you Ohio people need signs and some lit? Me and a few others are saving our stuff in case any of you neighborly southerners need stuff before HQ can get it to you. PM me and I can meet you in south mich somewhere.

TonySutton
01-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Yes, I am live in Amherst about an hour from Toledo. I am also part of the Cleveland Meetup group. I can come pickup anything you can offer up for us.