PDA

View Full Version : NH is DIFFERENT THAN Iowa!!!

nbhadja
01-04-2008, 06:27 PM
They are completely different demographics. They could not be anymore different.

It seems most of the complainers don't know much about republican primaries.

Iowa- 70% think Bush is doing a great job, meaning they are pro war (most states overwhelmingly think Bush is doing a horrible job and want out of Iraq). They vote based on religion first (and in some cases that is all they care about, and most states are nowhere like this). They want farm subsidies (which RP said he would not give). Their total population is less than 1 percent of the US population.

NH- Libertarian, anti-war, anti-Bush, could care less about farm subsidies. They don't focus so much on religion.

Iowa is one of the least representative states of the US.

Quit crying...

jd603
01-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Not to mention authentic voting practices historically, if that doesn't change there will be less room for fraud.

I have been watching and going around NH since Spring talking abut Ron Paul and asking around, he has had a lot of support here. TONS of Ron Paul yard signs, and they've been out WAY longer than any of the other candidates, people had them out for months.

NH will be a much more real test of Ron's support.

trey4sports
01-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Not to mention authentic voting practices historically, if that doesn't change there will be less room for fraud.

I have been watching and going around NH since Spring talking abut Ron Paul and asking around, he has had a lot of support here. TONS of Ron Paul yard signs, and they've been out WAY longer than any of the other candidates, people had them out for months.

NH will be a much more real test of Ron's support.

NH will def. be a test to gauge real support

CountryRoads
01-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Obama will take many votes from RP but it'll be interesting to see how many..

MsDoodahs
01-04-2008, 06:57 PM
If NH people are as independent and antiwar as they claim, why in heavens name is McCain climbing so steadily there?

Makes no sense to me.

Unless the people of NH aren't antiwar at all?

:confused:

Xonox
01-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Even with a bad showing there, we could lose all the way until super teusday and still manage pull off a victory. I'm expecting a good showing there, as well as in Wyoming tomorrow.

ronpaulfollower999
01-04-2008, 06:58 PM
The indies might sway to Obama. A young energetic guy that is "anti-war", so they think.

jd603
01-04-2008, 06:58 PM
They only polled republicans, probably only republicans from 2004 too, ie, republican base. If they polled recently registered republicans and independents Paul would be doing WAY better.

If NH people are as independent and antiwar as they claim, why in heavens name is McCain climbing so steadily there?

Makes no sense to me.

Unless the people of NH aren't antiwar at all?

:confused:

Dave Wood
01-04-2008, 07:05 PM
The polls, that we didnt believe, were correct in Iowa and will be in New Hampshire as well. We have to begin to market something that the voters want to BUY. The economy is crumbling as we speak, think of what we can sell the voters, something they will be more willing to buy.

coboman
01-04-2008, 07:21 PM
The polls, that we didnt believe, were correct in Iowa and will be in New Hampshire as well.
I believe that too. We have to start listening to these polls, and change accordingly.

nbhadja
01-05-2008, 12:29 AM
I believe that too. We have to start listening to these polls, and change accordingly.

Not true at all, in Iowa their are very few libertarians and independents. So they don't add much points to RP (remember they aren't included in these garbage polls).

NH is swarming with indies and libers.
HUGE difference!!!!!!

Terry82
01-05-2008, 12:37 AM
They only polled republicans, probably only republicans from 2004 too, ie, republican base. If they polled recently registered republicans and independents Paul would be doing WAY better.

You don't understand how polling works at all...

And what's worse, you've been constantly spreading this mis/disinformation.

DanK
01-05-2008, 12:49 AM
Actually, the majority of the Iowa polls were only correct for the Republican base. He averaged something like 6.8% in them in the month or so leading up to the caucus and got 7% of the vote from those Republicans. The only one I saw that got what could really be called pretty accurate was the Des Moines register one.

Ron got 29% of the votes from independents who caucused Republican, and there will be a lot more of them in New Hampshire, plus he's already got a poll from ARG showing him at 9% in NH.