PDA

View Full Version : Strength index

voytechs
01-04-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm looking at the donor map (http://ronpaulgraphs.com/donors.html), which might give us a hint of the strength we have in any given state. IA had 226/capital of donors. So if we divide the ~ 200/20 = 10% which is what we got. So roughly assume that the donor to percentage ratio is 1/20th.

WY = 341 / 20 = 16%

NH = 521 / 20 = 26%

I understand that I'm basically pulling this ratio out of my ass:D, but there must be some kind of relationship between someone who feels strongly enough about a candidate to donate and the voter turn out. Since this number is already normalized to per capita, lets see how we do. If we come in close to 16% in WY tomorrow we could have a secret weapon. :eek:

AceNZ
01-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Interesting observation. I would guess that the donor ratio will vary from state to state, but it does seem logical that the more donations there are per capita, the better we should do -- at least in a rough sense.

With that in mind, it's also interesting that NH has the highest per-capita donation rate of any state. Between that and the large number of independents there, it seems like we should have a good chance....

voytechs
01-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Interesting observation. I would guess that the donor ratio will vary from state to state, but it does seem logical that the more donations there are per capita, the better we should do -- at least in a rough sense.

With that in mind, it's also interesting that NH has the highest per-capita donation rate of any state. Between that and the large number of independents there, it seems like we should have a good chance....

We'll be testing that theory soon enough.

DealzOnWheelz
01-04-2008, 10:01 PM
We will know tomorrw

Xonox
01-04-2008, 10:04 PM
I hope your right... Don't bank on it though. Wyoming will be our compass.

Mark37snj
01-04-2008, 10:30 PM
I love these kind of threads. :D