PDA

View Full Version : Untapped Resource: Myspace

noiseordinance
01-04-2008, 05:48 PM
A lot of myspace folks are not meetup group members, I've found. When I set up a march a week ago, I did a search for "Ron Paul Portland Oregon" and found a lot of people who profess their love for Dr. Paul on their page, but are not part of meetups.

Last night I made a myspace page, "Oregonians for Ron Paul." I only had a sec to add a couple people but I plan on adding as many people in my state in an attempt to harness those who are not on meetups. Perhaps Facebook.com could be used in the same manner.

Anyways, I know some of you on this board are on the internet a lot. Maybe we could rock 'n roll on this and find some people out there who just need guidance. You could use the myspace / facebook page to urge people to join the meetup, or canvass, or vote.

What do you guys think?

Check out my page if you want to know what I mean: www.myspace.com/or4rp

noiseordinance
01-04-2008, 06:01 PM
bumpity?

Ron2Win
01-04-2008, 06:05 PM
The Internets is tapped.

Richandler
01-04-2008, 06:11 PM
I rememeber seeing this topic months ago. MySpace is not an untapped source. If anything sending any more messages is going to annoy people away from Paul. You know what is an untapped source? Actual real life voters.

Bloody Holly
01-04-2008, 06:12 PM
I've taken down my music from myspace. Right now I hate Fox.

Myspace is not untapped.

noiseordinance
01-04-2008, 06:25 PM
You guys don't understand what I'm saying. Yes, I know what an untapped resource is. I'm not saying myspace isn't already filled with TONS of Ron Paul supporters. What I'm saying is a lot of the supporters are not part of the meetup groups and are not active in the slightest.

So I had a march last week, and I managed to pull out several people who were on myspace who had no clue that meetup groups even existed and were DELIGHTED to join me.

THAT is the untapped resource that I'm talking about. Organizing the disorganized. If I search myspace for Ron Paul supporters in Oregon with "Hey, Washington needs our help" or "Hey, we need help finding GOP chairmen in rural parts of Oregon," this myspace group may offer additional members that the meetup groups do not.

Do you see what I'm saying yet?

By the way, between work and school, I invest over 70 hours a week. I get out and do PLENTY for Ron Paul in real life, but I'm trying to make a suggestion to those who are adament about sitting on their asses and complaining about things. "I gave Ron Paul money, why isn't he winning?"

Karsten
01-04-2008, 06:25 PM
The Internets is tapped.

Are ALL of them???

noiseordinance
01-04-2008, 06:29 PM
You know what is an untapped source? Actual real life voters.

PS - By the amount of comments you've made on this forum, I can tell you are outside a lot.

Ara825
01-04-2008, 06:30 PM
I deleted my account on myspace because it belongs to Rupert Murdoch

noiseordinance
01-04-2008, 06:32 PM
I deleted my account on myspace because it belongs to Rupert Murdoch

I'd rather use Rupert Murdoch's tool against him.

RON PAUL 4409
01-04-2008, 06:32 PM
FOX OWNS MYSPACE

Why would anyone have a myspace accout when you have meetup.com and others

noiseordinance
01-04-2008, 06:34 PM
FOX OWNS MYSPACE

Why would anyone have a myspace accout when you have meetup.com and others

Another useless post. The point is that people have them, regardless of who owns it.

RPDelegate
01-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Yeah, I've got two accounts on myspace, one with over 12K friends and another with over 13K friends. I need to get on there and promote RP more.