PDA

View Full Version : Support the Official Campaign, remain in silent objection, or LEAVE!

Menthol Patch
01-04-2008, 05:23 PM
I realize many of you have some objections with the way the official campaign is doing things. You know what? I do too! I think they could do many things differently and do other things better. However, the fact of the matter is that we have barely ONE MONTH until super Tuesday. That's right, barely ONE month and a TON of work to accomplish. Also, we have several CRITICAL primaries before super Tuesday!

We do NOT have to to argue and debate about the official campaign. Do we need different staff people? Maybe. Do we need better communication? ABSOLUTELY! However, can we PLEASE pull together and UNITE until at least AFTER super Tuesday?

Do you really think we can accomplish ANYTHING significant by ranting and raving for the campaign to make major changes right now? Lets see how that would work.

1) We could spend one week spending all our time howling and screaming at the official campaign. CHECK!

2) We could spend one week debating, arguing, and fussing about the CHAOS happening at HQ as people are fired and new people are hired. CHECK!

3) We could then spend a week complaining that the NEW people at the official campaign are taking to long to get up to speed! CHECK!

4) We could then complain that we have only ONE WEEK to pull everything together for super Tuesday. We then complain some more at the official campaign for not accomplishing anything in the previous three weeks! CHECK!

5) WE LOSE!!! GUARANTEED!

I urge all of you to PLEASE put away the negativity and until super Tuesday support the official campaign. There is literally NO TIME to make significant changes right now!

If we want to have ANY chance of winning this nomination we must KEEP on donating, KEEP spreading the word about Ron Paul, and NOT let ourselves get distracted!

To be blunt, I'm sick and tired of those people telling others not to donate and that we should call for this person to be fired or someone else to be replaced. We don't have the time for that! All we can do right now is support the official campaign and UNITE TOGETHER!

If you are SO angry that you cannot hold back your demands for major changes to happen right now then I ask you to leave these forums. I for one want us to WIN the nomination. Our chance of doing that is ZERO if we focus our energy on attacking our OWN CAMPAIGN instead of SUPPORTING OUR CANDIDATE!

Redcard
01-04-2008, 05:23 PM
After Super Tuesday, at the rate this is going now, it's over.

Bradley in DC
01-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Definition of insanity: doing the same thing and expecting a different result. :p

Menthol Patch
01-04-2008, 05:27 PM

If people don't start putting their objections aside and focus on supporting our candidate we are going to lose.

DjLoTi
01-04-2008, 05:28 PM
You've had over 3,500 posts in the span of two months. Why don't you go the freak outside and do something productive.

Mr. White
01-04-2008, 05:29 PM
If people don't start putting their objections aside and focus on supporting our candidate we are going to lose.

Given the number of posts you've made since joining, I'm assuming you...don't...canvas?

tekmo

Jesus did you even read the OP?

Ron LOL
This thread:Ron Paul :: "Get behind your president":George W. Bush.

Indy Vidual
Congressman Ron Paul: Archives (http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul-arch.html) (Dr. Ron Paul in his own words and brilliant writings)
````````````````

hueylong
01-04-2008, 05:30 PM
It's all good, people. Relax.

The hysteria on all sides is not constructive.

I can tell you from experience that all campaigns are chaotic, and all campaigns -- even the best -- make a lot of mistakes.

Iowa was a solid showing, and demonstrated that Dr. Paul is a serious candidate.

Everyone has something to contribute as long as they constructive.

So chill.

Huey

Redcard
01-04-2008, 05:31 PM

You know what? Supporting our candidate does not equal votes. It's not enough to say "I like this guy and want him to win." He's got to want to win too. His advisors, his campaign staff, you know, the people HE HAS HIRED to get him to win, they've got to work for it.

And the fact is, you telling us to put our objections aside and let the big machine do it's job is exactly the kind of bullshit I'm TIRED of in politics. Screw you. If Ron Paul loses this election because his team that he hired couldn't get their ass together, it's not going to be for lack of us telling him, that's for sure.

It's HIS election to win or lose.

coboman
01-04-2008, 05:32 PM
We supported him in Iowa. We placed all our objections aside, and we lost.

The campaign asked for 12 million to win Iowa and NH. We gave them 19.5 million.

They said they would perform much better than the polls. The last Zogby poll had him at 10%. He got 10%. They had it in 5th place. He finished 5th.

Many of you are confusing loyalty with blind allegiance. If we continue down this path we will loose.

We will loose not because our objections, but because of the lack of them.

mtmedlin
01-04-2008, 05:38 PM

The campaign asked for 12 million to win Iowa and NH. We gave them 19.5 million.

They said they would perform much better than the polls. The last Zogby poll had him at 10%. He got 10%. They had it in 5th place. He finished 5th.

Many of you are confusing loyalty with blind allegiance. If we continue down this path we will loose.

I really hate all these "I know better then the campaign" douchebags. If you are so good at campaigning then get a damn job in the industry and prove it. Other wise shut the hell up all ready. If you want to be negative and destructive, shut the hell up. If you dont want to give another penny, then dont, the rest of us will not jump off the bandwagon at the first sign of something not going how we wanted.

Redcard
01-04-2008, 05:42 PM
I really hate all these "I know better then the campaign" douchebags. If you are so good at campaigning then get a damn job in the industry and prove it. Other wise shut the hell up all ready. If you want to be negative and destructive, shut the hell up. If you dont want to give another penny, then dont, the rest of us will not jump off the bandwagon at the first sign of something not going how we wanted.

So just shut up, your opinions don't matter, do what you're told and let the politicians do what they know how to do?

Yeah, that's really a great message. In short, you're just telling us to do what we've been doing forever. Just, shut the hell up, don't point out your objections, citizen. You don't know what you're talking about.

dante
01-04-2008, 05:43 PM

We will perform better than the polls... just wait for the next few states... come two weeks from now if we haven't had a better showing then start complaining... heck Romney had 100 paid staffers, and spent 20 million on IA and you see where that got him... so calm down... sometimes some things are beyond the control of the campaign.
Ron Paul is not a bible thumper like Taxabee... plus he opposes corn subsidies... to have gotten 10% in IA in spite of all that should show you how powerful his message is.

Thunderbolt
01-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Definition of insanity: doing the same thing and expecting a different result. :p

Well put. Perhaps a little change is necessary?

coboman
01-04-2008, 05:55 PM
I really hate all these "I know better then the campaign" douchebags. If you are so good at campaigning then get a damn job in the industry and prove it....
I never said I could do a better job. All I am saying that SOMEONE could do a better job.
A seasoned professional with experience, a good advertising agency, a great PR firm.

Have you ever written a better piece of legislation than the Patriot Act? If not, then don't go being a "I know better than congress" douchebag. If you are so good at laws, write a better legislation, prove you know better, and then you can criticize the Patriot Act.

RonRules
01-04-2008, 05:58 PM
If you don't like the central campaign, support other efforts: The Blimp, the music, the DVD's.

I repeat myself, but the DVD is the most cost effective way to spread the message.

http://www.ronpauldvdbomb.com/

ghemminger
01-04-2008, 06:01 PM
I never said I could do a better job. All I am saying that SOMEONE could do a better job.
A seasoned professional with experience, a good advertising agency, a great PR firm.

Have you ever written a better piece of legislation than the Patriot Act? If not, then don't go being a "I know better than congress" douchebag. If you are so good at laws, write a better legislation, prove you know better, and then you can criticize the Patriot Act.

We could hire the hucks team they are cheap compared to our guys....

coboman
01-04-2008, 06:04 PM
If you don't like the central campaign, support other efforts: The Blimp, the music, the DVD's.

I repeat myself, but the DVD is the most cost effective way to spread the message.

Really? Didn't we have a DVD bomb in Iowa?
Aren't we giving DVD's in NH where we are next to last in the polls?

These amateur efforts have proven ineffective against the professional campaigns.

WE NEED HELP. Professional help.

The grassroots will not be able to win without a strong Official Campaign.

Redcard
01-04-2008, 06:07 PM
We need to stop using the fucking word "BOMB" on everything when our soldiers are being blown up overseas.

Ron2Win
01-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Nothing like a 5th place finish to make sure we refocus. I thought we would do much better than we did and guess what, I was wrong.

So I got off my ass today and took action.

driller80545
01-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Attack, attack, go get em. makes some news RP!

Bradley in DC
01-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Where was that thread with the poll on if we should ban the OP from the forum?

Johncjackson
01-04-2008, 06:18 PM
The truth is that the official campaign is not equipped to handle and never expected to be in this position. This is not a 3rd Party run for POTUS or a House race. And the staff being hired are probably just like any other people who tend to work in politics or work period- looking for a job where they put in just enough to get a paycheck.

Those who accept reality and want to WIN should not be asked to leave by complacent people who want to lose.

Menthol Patch
01-04-2008, 06:21 PM
The truth is that the official campaign is not equipped to handle and never expected to be in this position. This is not a 3rd Party run for POTUS or a House race. And the staff being hired are probably just like any other people who tend to work in politics or work period- looking for a job where they put in just enough to get a paycheck.

Those who accept reality and want to WIN should not be asked to leave by complacent people who want to lose.

We have NO time to make major changes right now. That is the absolute truth. To make major changes right now would cause chaos and we would have a 100% chance of losing.

WilliamC
01-04-2008, 06:25 PM
As long as people are factual and not trying to undermine Ron Paul's campaign, I see no reason that they shouldn't feel free to criticize how the National campaign is doing business. Personally I think they never expected to come so far so fast, Ron Paul has said as much himself. I really hope they come around to the idea of winning the White House instead of spreading a message, which is what they seem to be stuck on. No, I don't know how to do this, but I would hope they are willing and able to work with people who do.

Menthol Patch
01-04-2008, 06:26 PM

Why did we lose? The biggest reason is simple. THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA! We are fighting a huge monster! They have been ignoring and marginalizing our candidate from the start. Why? They don't want people to hear Ron Paul's message!

By the way, with only ONE MONTH until super Tuesday we have no choice but to support the official campaign. We don't have the time to make major changes!

driller80545
01-04-2008, 06:28 PM
I believe that a good campaign headquarters would have never tolerated the media blackout. They would have made noise. They would have made news!

Ron2Win
01-04-2008, 06:42 PM
I believe that a good campaign headquarters would have never tolerated the media blackout. They would have made noise. They would have made news!
Exactly, Dr. Paul should have come out publicaly and blasted FOX news.

You report and we Decide, except they are deciding for you.